Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales vs Ireland - K.O. 19:45

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's not 1-1 but looking like my prediction of a draw at the start was right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finishing is the major disappointment of the evening.

Hope the Galaxy wrap Keano in cotton wool.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That's more like the Madden I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How the f*ck did Madden go from half-decent LOI player to Irish international?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Well that was a really poor game of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭JamBur

Jambur 2-1
    Kaiser2000 1-1
    Darkglasses 2-0
    Nutzz 3-1
    Stevecw 0-0
    Agent Smith 2-0

everyone give stevecw a fiver

JamBur wrote: »
    Jambur 2-1
    Kaiser2000 1-1
    Darkglasses 2-0
    Nutzz 3-1
    Stevecw 0-0
    Agent Smith 2-0

Everyone lost tonight...including football :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

That was crap but 20 on a draw made it much better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

That was Wales first draw for 46 games. We really are a team of spoilsports!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

NUTZZ wrote: »

What do you expect we're ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Draw and under 2.5 goals is the way to moolah wnen Ireland play these type of games

Northern Ireland:eek:

Looper007 wrote: »
    What do you expect we're ****.

Unfortunately I'm a glass half full kinda guy, now matter how poor they may play I always have hope and belief for them, it never seems to fade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A decent performance, but the finishing leaves a lot to be desired. I was disappointed with Long's finishing. It reminded me of his performance against Georgia earlier this year where he missed several good chances.

Hoolahan's performance wasn't what I was hoping for. I would definitely play Robbie Keane in the two qualifiers and nothing I've seen tonight would lead me to change my mind.

Robbie Brady had some good moments in the first-half and I thought John O'Shea was our best player.

Hopefully there will be more urgency and a more clinical performance against the Swedish and the Austrians.

My ratings:

Westwood - 6
    Coleman - 6
    Wilson - 6
    O'Shea - 7
    Clark - 6
    Whelan - 6
    McCarthy - 6
    Hoolahan - 6
    Long - 6
    Walters - 6
    Brady - 7

Sub:

McClean - 6
    (other subs not on long enough)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I think another thing to keep in mind is that everyone on the pitch tonight has been warned to wrap themselves in cotton wool for the start of the upcoming season.That would explain the lack of urgency.....i hope...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Oat23 wrote: »
    How the f*ck did Madden go from half-decent LOI player to Irish international?

I think they call that 'pulling a Sammon'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Jarrod wrote: »
    I think they call that 'pulling a Sammon'.

Sammon has absolutly nothing going for him imo,even his height isn't worth a crap in game situations.Madden on the other hand as you could see tonight is capable of getting himself into positions and creating chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

If Bale played tonight we would have been destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I know it's only a reflection of how bad things have been during Trap's time but I was happy with some of the stuff tonight. It was very good to see an Ireland team actually looking to get on the ball and pass it around a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

JamBur wrote: »
    Jambur 2-1
    Kaiser2000 1-1
    Darkglasses 2-0
    Nutzz 3-1
    Stevecw 0-0
    Agent Smith 2-0

Sound..thanks a lot!!
    Just wish I stuck a bet on 0-0.
    I did a tenner on draw at 23/10...but not 0-0.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    I know it's only a reflection of how bad things have been during Trap's time but I was happy with some of the stuff tonight. It was very good to see an Ireland team actually looking to get on the ball and pass it around a bit.

And they were only allowed to do so because the opposition were so poor unfortunately.

And they were only allowed to do so because the opposition were so poor unfortunately.

We've played poor opposition plenty of times before.

Pro. F wrote: »
    We've played poor opposition plenty of times before.

True, but we get inconsistent performances against them.

True, but we get inconsistent performances against them.

Up until recently Ireland were pretty consistent in not being able to hold onto the ball no matter how bad the opposition were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Seeing Green and Keogh still getting games is infuriating with Gibson and Stokes being left out in the cold due to sheer stubborness.

Also,I hope that Meyler and Delaney do well in the Prem to put it up to Trap.

Another thing,Randolph should have been playing ahead of Westwood last night.He is after getting off to a blinder with Birmingham.Did Trap not dump Given for not starting yet plays Westwood last night ahead of Randolph.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Seeing Green and Keogh still getting games is infuriating with Gibson and Stokes being left out in the cold due to sheer stubborness.

Also,I hope that Meyler and Delaney do well in the Prem to put it up to Trap.

Another thing,Randolph should have been playing ahead of Westwood last night.He is after getting off to a blinder with Birmingham.Did Trap not dump Given for not starting yet plays Westwood last night ahead of Randolph.:mad:
    Gibson is out in the cold of his own accord. Stokes is an average SPL striker.

I think it gets harder and harder for you to find things to be outraged over selection wise, but I admire your commitment to it nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gibson is out in the cold of his own accord. Stokes is an average SPL striker.

I think it gets harder and harder for you to find things to be outraged over selection wise, but I admire your commitment to it nonetheless.

Gibson is out in the cold because Traps poster boy Green was being picked ahead of him.Who can blame him for going on strike for that.

I forgot,Whelan still being an automatic starter.He brings nothing to the team.50 caps too many.

Gibson is out in the cold because Traps poster boy Green was being picked ahead of him.Who can blame him for going on strike for that.

I forgot,Whelan still being an automatic starter.He brings nothing to the team.50 caps too many.

No, Gibson is out in the cold because he didn't value being called up for his country unless it was on his terms. Coleman got on with it and took his chance when it came.

Whelan is a premiership midfielder who does an unglamourous job for us competently and consistently.

But hate on sir, hate on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No, Gibson is out in the cold because he didn't value being called up for his country unless it was on his terms. Coleman got on with it and took his chance when it came.

Whelan is a premiership midfielder who does an unglamourous job for us competently and consistently.

But hate on sir, hate on.

Gibson never got a minute at the euro championships, Green got brought on ahead of him. There was nothing to loose in the final game, great man management by Trap there. Bear in mind Green was unattached to any club and Gibson was playing weekly for a very strong Everton team. Gibson has been ignored over and over again by Trapatoni. Would you feel valued if you were in Gibson's shoes. The only reason Coleman etc broke into the team was because of intense media pressure after we got humiliated, it was nothing about biding his time. You're some man for defending the indefensible, I`ll give you that.

On the Whealan debate, Stephen Reid made him look like a world beater when he was fit playing alongside him in midfield. Ever since Reid retired/injuries Whealan has been awful but has somehow remained in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

nuxxx wrote: »
    Gibson never got a minute at the euro championships, Green got brought on ahead of him. There was nothing to loose in the final game, great man management by Trap there. Bear in mind Green was unattached to any club and Gibson was playing weekly for a very strong Everton team. Gibson has been ignored over and over again by Trapatoni. Would you feel valued if you were in Gibson's shoes. The only reason Coleman etc broke into the team was because of intense media pressure after we got humiliated, it was nothing about biding his time. You're some man for defending the indefensible, I`ll give you that.

If I was in Gibson''s shoes I would have gotten on with it and not said a word. Had he done so he most likely would be starting for us by now. I agree that Gibson is obviously a better player than Green but it's definitely not a good course of action to throw a strop because the manager brought on someone else.

gustavo wrote: »
    If I was in Gibson''s shoes I would have gotten on with it and not said a word. Had he done so he most likely would be starting for us by now. I agree that Gibson is obviously a better player than Green but it's definitely not a good course of action to throw a strop because the manager brought on someone else.

I agree it's not a good course of action, but I can't blame him at all. Must have felt very insulting.

• Advertisement

What the **** has feeling 'valued' or 'insulted' got to do with call ups to represent your country? Gibson doesn't value his country, good riddance.

What the **** has feeling 'valued' or 'insulted' got to do with call ups to represent your country? Gibson doesn't value his country, good riddance.

It's called man management. Cursing doesn't emphasize your point. How do you know if Gibson doesn't value his country. It's pretty obvious he does if you look at his appearance stats over the last few years. Very little game time. Not getting a run out at the Euros finished his relationship with Trap, not with Ireland

Advertisement