Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane EA Humble Bundle

Comments

I am not a Dick though... :rolleyes:

P.S. Did anyone managed redeem at least one game lol?

i just redeemed a few on origin and them all on steam
    i was painfully slow tho

I have some spare origin keys if any one wants.

Mirror's Edge,Medal of Honor,Crysis 2 Maximum Edition,Burnout Paradise and dead space

pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

So you basically get two copies of everything except BF3 and the sims? I've activated all the others on steam but it's giving me origin keys as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I wish my pc wasn't so ****...

We'll sort that out at the Building and Upgrading forum, over this way ---> link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Typical! Waited years to get Dead Space 1 and picked it up in the Steam sale last month. Now this comes along!

Amazing value here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was able to redeem everything on Origin in less than a minute just now. Looks like things are calmer with all the Americans in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

EGriff wrote: »
    So you basically get two copies of everything except BF3 and the sims? I've activated all the others on steam but it's giving me origin keys as well.

I was wondering about this too can I give away the Origin codes for games I've activated on Steam ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was wondering about this too can I give away the Origin codes for games I've activated on Steam ?

Yep no problem with that at all. To all intents and purposes they've given you two copies of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Theres no way to gift steam keys is there? If I wanted to give a friend a couple of keys for games I already have / dont want, would it do just to send him the key via email?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Agricola wrote: »
    Theres no way to gift steam keys is there? If I wanted to give a friend a couple of keys for games I already have / dont want, would it do just to send him the key via email?

As long as you haven't claimed the Key in steam, someone else can. The Key is only tied to your account when you activate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    If I wasnt going to New Zealand in a few weeks I'd have a monster pc by now..

Go to the US instead, they have cheaper computer hardware parts! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bought this bundle but still no email with codes, usually arrives instantly.

nevermind i just used their automatic key resender feature and got them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Have 1 keys
    Mirror`s edge for steam

Origin
    Dead Space Origin Key
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
    Mirror's Edge Origin Key
    Medal of Honor Origin Key
    PM me if you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

fair play to them(never thought i'd say that about EA)

Own up lads, how low did you go? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭ricimaki

EA are getting a big :D from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Wow, that is some awesome publicity for Origin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wow, that is some awesome publicity for Origin!
    I think that was the real underlying agenda all along, but that deal was pretty awesome all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

P.S. Did anyone managed redeem at least one game lol?

Redeemed the codes without any issues last night, downloading the games is another story though. Dead Space 3 is at 4% after 5 hours :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I have the following left for whoever wants them:

Mirror's Edge Steam/Origin Key
    Dead Space Steam/Origin Key
    Dead Space 3 Origin Key
    Sims 3 Starter Pack Origin Key

PM me if you want any of these :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

$165m made for charity now, and EA can probably write off enough to fund 3 triple A games. everyone is very much winning here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

COYVB wrote: »
    $165m made for charity now, and EA can probably write off enough to fund 3 triple A games. everyone is very much winning here

Or perhaps, since the people who buy the games rather than EA actually making the bulk of the charitable donation, you are just making stuff up?

I'm pretty sure that they could only claim against tax what actually went to charity. Humble bundle isn't a charity, so EA wouldn't get anything from the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Great deal.

I got a spare burnout origin key if anyone wants pm.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Or perhaps, since the people who buy the games rather than EA actually making the bulk of the charitable donation, you are just making stuff up?

Or you completely misunderstand?

EA will write off the face value of each sale of that pack (just under $200) as charitable donations. They've donated those products to Humble, and as a donation, they'll be fully entitled to write the actual face value off as an expense. It's nothing to do with EA giving anyone money, that's not what this is about, it's the product that they write off. It's very clever, and it helps charities to make a lot of money

Monotype wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that they could only claim against tax what actually went to charity. Humble bundle isn't a charity, so EA wouldn't get anything from the tip.
    Nothing to do with the tip, they've donated the packs to a company who are selling them for charity, which makes the PRODUCT the donation. The tip doesn't come into it at all, nor does how the payment is split

But Humble Bundle isn't a charity, it's doubtful they'd be allowed to write off the full amount. You'd have to be a registered charity. I don't know US laws, but for most countries there has to be a set of criteria for something to be considered a charity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

COYVB wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the tip, they've donated the packs to a company who are selling them for charity, which makes the PRODUCT the donation. The tip doesn't come into it at all, nor does how the payment is split

I understand your assertion perfectly, what you lack is evidence.

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    I understand your assertion perfectly, what you lack is evidence.

You've never run or been involved in the running of a business have you? EVERYTHING is an expense

Advertisement