Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation fee even though out of contract

Options
  • 14-08-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

In April of this year I switched my mobile provider in E-Mobile ( and a very happy customer so far ) while switching I was advised that I would receive a 15e discount on my Eircom pack but would extend my contract by 18 months

I was out of contract with Eircom at this stage and was shopping around so between the 15e off my Phone and BB pack plus the saving I was making on the mobile by switching  to Emobile I decided to go for it....yay right ....no wrong

I never received the 15e discount on my Eircom phone and BB pack and after numerous of phone calls I decided to lodge a complaint.

I then give Eircom 3 months to answer the complaint that never happened and at that stage I decided to cancel my phone and BB pack and today I recieve in the post not an apology that it took so long to look into the complaint but a bill of over 300e as ye have decided to charge me an early release clause

So after contacting Eircom your reps explained that because I signed up with Emobile in April and agreed to the 15e discount that I accepted the T&Cs of the contract.

But Eircom never fulfilled yer side of the bargain so please explain why I should pay anything as contract works both ways 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Ask them to produce the recording of the call where you signed up as they need to keep that if they cannot do that within reasonable time lodge a complaint with comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I already asked them this but they could not find the phone call and then I asked what comments were left on their system on that date again only comment that was left was the CS agent " checking " the account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

campo wrote: »
    In April of this year I switched my mobile provider in E-Mobile ( and a very happy customer so far ) while switching I was advised that I would receive a 15e discount on my Eircom pack but would extend my contract by 18 months

I was out of contract with Eircom at this stage and was shopping around so between the 15e off my Phone and BB pack plus the saving I was making on the mobile by switching  to Emobile I decided to go for it....yay right ....no wrong

I never received the 15e discount on my Eircom phone and BB pack and after numerous of phone calls I decided to lodge a complaint.

I then give Eircom 3 months to answer the complaint that never happened and at that stage I decided to cancel my phone and BB pack and today I recieve in the post not an apology that it took so long to look into the complaint but a bill of over 300e as ye have decided to charge me an early release clause

So after contacting Eircom your reps explained that because I signed up with Emobile in April and agreed to the 15e discount that I accepted the T&Cs of the contract.

But Eircom never fulfilled yer side of the bargain so please explain why I should pay anything as contract works both ways 

Hi campo,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hi campo,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,
    This issue has now been resolved and I would like to thank you for your help

When my Sky contract is up I would consider going back to Eircom

All the best Campo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi campo,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,
    This issue has now been resolved and I would like to thank you for your help

When my Sky contract is up I would consider going back to Eircom

All the best Campo

Hi campo

Thanks for getting back and updating the thread. I will pass on the info on to Tracey.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement