Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise/Nuisance in a residential area...?

• 14-08-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has asked me what (if anything) can be done to help him and his neighbours deal with a problem that's driving them mad.
    He lives in a quiets residential estate with a ring of houses surrounding a small green with only one entrance/exit. In recent months one of the neighbours has developed an interest in biking (motor bikes) and has taken to starting and revving the bike (a monster apparently) on his driveway on weekend mornings.
    In recent weeks the house has become a meeting place for a whole group of his fellow bikers who turn up on a sunday morning and hang around outside his house revving thier bikes and driving in and out and the traffic and noise is really destroying their peace. Coupled with that there are several shift workers in his estate who can't sleep with the racket.

What can they do about it....?

I suggested talking to him but apparently that's not an option as he's not that approachable.

Any suggestions as to how they might put an end to it without having to go 'toe to toe'....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Call the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Call the guards.

And tell them....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

He thought about that but was wondering if there was a more 'informal' way of dealing with this (local council, environment etc) rather than troubling the Gardai with whats probably just a civil matter, I'm not even sure if a group of motorcyclists sitting on a private driveway on a sunday morning making noise is in any way illegal, its just annoying.
    He's going to give them a ring anyway and maybe speak to the local council as well and see what happens. I just thought I'd ask on here for him in case anyone here had had anything similar in the past.

Advertisement