Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th years - career choices

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

At least some of that would have been the bonus points for Hons Maths, so a once-off on that front at least.

I know, but it was a 65 point jump right after a 30 point jump. I was worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Exo wrote: »
    Computer Science/& Business (TR033/TR082). I'd much prefer Computer Sci. & Business from the career aspect - all of the main Computer Science elements are studied within the course, same with the Business section. I'm tempted to go all-out and just put these two, maybe CS/CSSE in UCD/NUIM and call it a day on the CAO - confident that it won't go the opposite direction this time 'round.
    Why would you leave 8 empty spaces just coz?

Fill it in in the order you want it ... if those are your top two and you get one of them, it won't matter what you had further down.

If something goes wrong, and you don't, it will matter a lot whether you filled them or not, and what with.
    yoho139 wrote: »
    I know, but it was a 65 point jump right after a 30 point jump. I was worried.
    Lord, that's a major jump all right, and the Hons maths thing wouldn't account for even half of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Why would you leave 8 empty spaces just coz?

Fill it in in the order you want it ... if those are your top two and you get one of them, it won't matter what you had further down.

If something goes wrong, and you don't, it will matter a lot whether you filled them or not, and what with.

I like the challenge, no other alternative option - sort of thing. Considering I'm repeating my Leaving Cert and in a private college, there will be no compromise. If I don't get what I've worked for all year (considering that the year hasn't even begun for myself yet - confidence is what I have); then it's not worth continuing. Unless some unforeseen event crosses my path then I would think otherwise.

It's just something I've been set on for a while and to let it go again is unimaginable - failure is not an option!

Also, I will have a good idea by the time of the Leaving Cert (and after since CAO's open till the 1st of July), on how I performed. No harm setting high goals for oneself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

My first choice will be enterprise computing in dcu followed by computer systems management in carlow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

actuarial studies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

Exo wrote: »
    I like the challenge, no other alternative option - sort of thing. Considering I'm repeating my Leaving Cert and in a private college, there will be no compromise. If I don't get what I've worked for all year (considering that the year hasn't even begun for myself yet - confidence is what I have); then it's not worth continuing. Unless some unforeseen event crosses my path then I would think otherwise.

It's just something I've been set on for a while and to let it go again is unimaginable - failure is not an option!

Also, I will have a good idea by the time of the Leaving Cert (and after since CAO's open till the 1st of July), on how I performed. No harm setting high goals for oneself.

that's just silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

that's just silly

Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Have my heart set on General Science in UCD, and Science in TCD as my second choice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

Had a change of mind today - Medicine instead of CS; something I've been interested in ever since I was a kid. Point difference isn't that big since I've gotten 400+ points in 5th year Christmas and Summer exams... Feeling excited to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

TR 072 = Me happy :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tallemma

Want to do Law/ Law with French Law in UCC, UCD or Trinity! So difficult choosing between the different colleges... Advice anyone? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

I can't speak to prestige/quality of teaching, but all things being equal you should go to open days and just choose whichever you prefer the atmosphere of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Can we get the thread title changed, randy? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 GreenLamp

I'm hoping to get my dream job.
    Software Enginer.
    Points are decent for my course and I hope I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Can we get the thread title changed, randy? :p
    Pedant! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I've narrowed my shortlist down to 12 level 8s

Have Arts down 3 times though but still unsure which to choose!

Unsure of what will be top too! Leaning towards either Law and Irish in Cork or Irish and German in Trinity!

Irish and German would probably be the one I'd go for but I still find law attractive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Cakes. wrote: »
    I've narrowed my shortlist down to 12 level 8s

Have Arts down 3 times though but still unsure which to choose!

Unsure of what will be top too! Leaning towards either Law and Irish in Cork or Irish and German in Trinity!

Irish and German would probably be the one I'd go for but I still find law attractive!

Down on what :eek:! Ive no clue yet!

d1234 wrote: »
    TR 072 = Me happy :P

Starting this course next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Days 298 wrote: »
    Down on what :eek:! Ive no clue yet!

I meant down on my short list! Nothing official yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Medicine is number 1.
    Considering Law and Political science as my second choice. Anybody know anything about this course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 LawwRaaa

Tallemma wrote: »
    Want to do Law/ Law with French Law in UCC, UCD or Trinity! So difficult choosing between the different colleges... Advice anyone? :)
    Hoping for Law and French in UCC too!! :D
    The major difference between UCC/UCD/TCD in regards to the Law/french courses is that UCC tends to focus on Law and French Language (i.e. you will study literature, film etc along with french legal writing and law system). Whereas UCD/TCD tend to presume high level of french and teach you french law through french. Obviously I'm biased but I don't know whether I'd be able to start learning the intricacies of French civil law through french from day one, even with a high standard of french. That's just my view of the courses anyway, maybe that's more what you're looking for :)
    At the end of the day they're all great degrees, and I'd kill to get into any of them! Come offers day I won't be too picky :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Physio all the way. Limerick would be heaven, also applying through UCAS for Aberdeen and Glasgow. Science in NUIG is my 2nd choice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jenkeats

I am hoping to do arts with creative writing or arts with performance studies in NUIG OR auditioning TSM Drama studies in Trinity...anyone in the same boat or have any advice? :)

Advertisement