Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing 1 BOI account and Transferring DD's etc to another BOI account

Options
  • 14-08-2013 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hello BOI

I have 1 current account in College Green which I want to close and transfer my DD's and SO's to another BOI current account.

How do I do this? What Forms etc do I need to fill in?

Thanks
    AL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Axel Lamp,

Thank you for your post.

To close an account please contact your account holding branch or alternatively you can send a written instruction directly to them.

This may be posted to your branch or dropped into the branch mailbox. Please see here for our branch locator to assist you. Should you have a balance left in your account, you will need to advise the branch what to do with these funds.
    If you require the balance to be issued out to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made out to.

or

If you require the balance to be transferred to another account, please include the details of the beneficiary account (sort code, account number and account name). The IBAN and BIC code will also be required if the other account is held at a foreign bank.

Direct Debits and standing orders can not be transferred from one account to another. To have a direct debit set up on an alternative account, you will need to contact the companies directly who will arrange this for you. To have a standing order taken from another account please contact your account holding branch where a representative will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Hello BOI

I have 1 current account in College Green which I want to close and transfer my DD's and SO's to another BOI current account.

How do I do this? What Forms etc do I need to fill in?

Thanks
    AL
    There is a Central Bank switching code which enables the switching of DD's and S/O's.

Advertisement