Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud intermittent beep near the crescent

Options
  • 14-08-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know what it is, it comes from the duplexes opposite south side of the crescent.

It sounds like a loud beep or a chirp.

It's been there for years but I've never figured out what it is!

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

It's the residents that do not pay their management fees. They also stand at the end of your bed and watch you sleep.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

It's the bush eaters moving in. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

It's probably the swingers communicating :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Possibly an unoccupied (or occupied) dwelling with fault on their burglar alarm system. Might also be a flat or missing backup battery in a smoke detector.

Sorry to suck the fun out of the thread!:D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

We hear it too! Been going on so long tho I didn't think it'd be a faulty battery on an alarm cause surely someone would notice if it was theirs. Not sure- maybe some sort of bird repellant alarm. All I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Fi Fi wrote: »
    We hear it too! Been going on so long tho I didn't think it'd be a faulty battery on an alarm cause surely someone would notice if it was theirs. Not sure- maybe some sort of bird repellant alarm. All I can think of.

Yeah quite possibly. It's not annoying or anything but curious to know what it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 videos

I know what it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

videos wrote: »
    I know what it is....

Do you care to furnish us with a little more information?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

DD9090 wrote: »
    Do you care to furnish us with a little more information?

I know what it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maudi wrote: »
    I know what it is too.

and?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

videos wrote: »
    I know what it is....
    Maudi wrote: »
    I know what it is too.

Tell us what it is please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Didn't think it would make that noise are you sure ?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

and?

I think you should permanban them if they don't disclose within the next 12 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks - quit the trolling

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Heard the beep - it sounds like an audible 'chirp' when there's a fault with the intruder alarm.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

astrofluff wrote: »
    Heard the beep - it sounds like an audible 'chirp' when there's a fault with the intruder alarm.

Its a cat siren..to deter cats..they have a weird sound.. as if they are an alarm starting...first second sounds like its going to be a fully fledged siren alarm but fades quickly into a beep

Advertisement