Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping up an existing loan

Options
  • 14-08-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Just wondering what the process is with borrowing more on an existing loan?

I took out a €7000 loan in March 2011 to buy a car paying back €260 per month and am due to have it paid off in March 2014. I have never missed a payment. I have no other loans or credit cards. I have an overdraft facility on my current account but that returns to a positive balance every week. 

Is it possible to borrow another €2500 on top of that and just extend the repayments? Same rate but just another 6 months or however long it takes? 

Just wondering if it's even possible before I organise time off to call into the branch. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your post.

As we do not have access to account specific information here we are unable to advise you if this is possible. To discuss if you are eligible to apply for a top up to your existing loan, please contact your account holding branch. A lending advisor there will be happy to discuss your options and what procedures are involved.

Please see here for our branch locator to assist you should you require it.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement