Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100 pushups in 7 weeks challenge

• 14-08-2013 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone use this site before?

I decided to give it a go.

On third week, 1st day of week 3. Was going fine, but today was tough especially with just 60 second break..

Enjoying it. Just wondering did people see results etc from it?

Will keep posted on how I do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

Anyone use this site before?

I decided to give it a go.

On third week, 1st day of week 3. Was going fine, but today was tough especially with just 60 second break..

Enjoying it. Just wondering did people see results etc from it?

Will keep posted on how I do.

Tried it a while back, got up to 75-80 but got injured, stopped and never got back into it. Only result I noticed was that I got alot better at pushups (obviously) but no noticeable real world changes. Its good fun, last weeks are killers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

I've done the program before, you end up having to repeat weeks as it gets very hard. I've decided to just aim for 50 pushups. I will start start training for one handed pushups and HSPU's then. I'm also a month into the 20 pull up program and can now do 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

fungie wrote: »
    Tried it a while back, got up to 75-80 but got injured, stopped and never got back into it. Only result I noticed was that I got alot better at pushups (obviously) but no noticeable real world changes. Its good fun, last weeks are killers.

Ya I can see myself having to repeat few weeks. Might be ok this week, but week 4 looks a step up too far to be done right once.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

Ya I can see myself having to repeat few weeks. Might be ok this week, but week 4 looks a step up too far to be done right once.

I repeated week 5 and 6 twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

If you're like Maread Farrell on the Ray d'Arcy show you could easily do 100 press ups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    If you're like Maread Farrell on the Ray d'Arcy show you could easily do 100 press ups

Is that sarcasm, or is she doing them right? I'm terrible at press-ups, still do them on my knees and even at that I don't think I have the right technique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Oh yes, the fabled Bruce Lee one inch press ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

whitewave wrote: »
    Is that sarcasm, or is she doing them right? I'm terrible at press-ups, still do them on my knees and even at that I don't think I have the right technique!

those are awful pressups, do 100 of those and youll be in agony.

if your doing the 100 program then stop doing them on your knees.
    doing on your knees means you cannot engage your butt, which means your belly will be softer, which will weaken your back making it harder to lift your self up.

get in the start position, hands shoulder width apart. fingers forward. the bend of your elbow forward. legs together, butt tight, abs tight.
    and lower yourself by bending your elbows.
    when you are in the low position you should be on your toes, butt and belly tight, elbows tucked into your rips, elbow pointing backwards. hand almost in your arm pit level with your chest. neck in a neutral position. then push your self up again.

if you can only do one then do 5 sets of one. Better than doing 10 on your knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If that's what kids are calling push ups these days then I could do well over 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

My God that is absolutely dreadful!!! I've honestly never seen a worse push up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Started this last night. Users for the heads up, the iPhone app seems handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

it gets worse...

International footballers does loads of push ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

My God that is absolutely dreadful!!! I've honestly never seen a worse push up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

giant LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Got through week 3 without too much hassle. Did first day of week 4 yesterday. Tough going. Had to do Max reps 5 minutes after the rest as my arms were dead.

I turned 60 seconds breaks into 90 and for other 2 I will increase breaks by 30 seconds from this week on just to give myself better chance.:)

Advertisement