Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we pay this Airxxxty bill??

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

I'm astounded that you're even considering paying:eek:. You should write to the NCA BEFORE you offer them a cent. Forget about Rabbette's gang. You'll be lucky to get an acknowledgement from them. You could make use of your local TD or even Councillor, who'll be calling to you next April/May looking for votes. Make him/her work for the vote:D.

When writing to the NCA enclose copies of all correspondence with Airsh**ty. Do not entertain the Debt Collectors. You do not have a contract with them so tell them to get off your property if they do call.

More proof that posters can say anything they like as long as its something boards agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sanmar2008

as we just received a letter of Notice of Court Auction ' ......................once judgement has been granted the following may apply.......YOU DEBT BEING INCREASED TO INCLUDE LEGAL COST AND INTEREST, YOU NAME BEING ENTERED IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS, YOU CREDIT RATING BEING ADVERSELY AFFECTED FOR FUTURE CREDIT APPLICATION...................''

I'm astounded that you're even considering paying:eek:. You should write to the NCA BEFORE you offer them a cent. Forget about Rabbette's gang. You'll be lucky to get an acknowledgement from them. You could make use of your local TD or even Councillor, who'll be calling to you next April/May looking for votes. Make him/her work for the vote:D.

When writing to the NCA enclose copies of all correspondence with Airsh**ty. Do not entertain the Debt Collectors. You do not have a contract with them so tell them to get off your property if they do call.

we received a letter of NOTICE OF COURT ACTION today, that's why we consider to pay :(:(:(

emeldc wrote: »
    I can't take it anymore. I'm off to <SNIP>

I feel being threatened by those letters every day..................:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Fear of going to court is what they're hoping for, to make you pay. If it were me I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. Get some advice on how things may go for you in court before you decide to pay or not. We got advice from FLAC for a somewhat similar issue and we were optimistic going to court. And I wonder where the sales rep is in all this? He should be quizzed on how he got the customer to sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I agree with Razzler. Let the matter go to court. I doubt it'll even make it there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Sanmar2008 wrote: »
    as we just received a letter of Notice of Court Auction ' ......................once judgement has been granted the following may apply.......YOU DEBT BEING INCREASED TO INCLUDE LEGAL COST AND INTEREST, YOU NAME BEING ENTERED IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS, YOU CREDIT RATING BEING ADVERSELY AFFECTED FOR FUTURE CREDIT APPLICATION...................''

The last sentence proves the lies: Neither utilities nor collection agencies can affect your credit record. Only financial institutions.

Who did this letter come from exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

OP, I'm guessing that English may not be your first language and that maybe this is stopping you from taking this further but from the information you have given here you are n the right and they have no case against you.

They are hoping you will just pay and get on with your life, they will only take notice when you send in a solicitors letter or complain to the ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I feel being threatened by those letters every day..................:(:(:(:(

Just not threatened enough to ask a solicitor. I am beginning to doubt some of this.
    Definitely my last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

we received some bills when we moved in, as they had my husband's first name incorrect, we ignored all of them, and last week my husband received a legal proceeding letter, we finally realized there is a bill for us from Dec 12 to May 13 :mad:

I think your naivety is the biggest problem here

And its also strange that Two days after being contacted for the first time by the debt collecting agency you already get a Notice of Court Auction (I assume its from the same company)

Get some proper legal advise ..... you need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Think something about this situation doesn't quite add up. Court action wouldn't be initiated quite so quickly after initial contact by the debt agency. Are you sure other letters that were received advising of what would happen weren't ignored/binned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Think something about this situation doesn't quite add up. Court action wouldn't be initiated quite so quickly after initial contact by the debt agency. Are you sure other letters that were received advising of what would happen weren't ignored/binned?

Its a classic action by a debt collection agency to say they are going to take you to court. The letters usually say we may etc but are very cleverly worded when in fact they will do nothing. Its such a small amount that its hardly worth their while taking you to court. Also since they have the spelling of your husbands name wrong it wont hold up in court. When taking someone to court you have to make sure you get everything right or the case will get trown out of court.

Debt collection agency's usually buy debts from company's for cents in the euro lets say you have a debt that is 100 euro they will buy it for 10 euro and someone pays them more than the 10 they payed for it then its all profit.

My advise is get in contact with your local citizens advise centre they have a free legal clinic in your area. They will be best able to advise you on what to do with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Littlelulu13

I had to contact airtricity before and got nowhere at all with the customer service agent . He just wasn't getting it and was sticking to the rules (as one would expect him to). I asked to speak to the manager and after going round and round and round in circles with him he finally got the manager and hey presto.... problem solved! The manager was lovely and wiped the debt (it was only €10 or so but still).

Have you asked to speak to a manager? You can get someone to speak on your behalf if you are not confident to do it yourself, you just need to say that you are giving permission.

Most importantly you will get further with these things if you are calm and cool rather than shouting like a lunatic.

I would ask to speak to a manager and try that approach, they are the only ones that can clear something like that from the system anyway.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

mate, this is never going near a court. you will get threatened with it. thats all the power they have, threats. dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

OP, talk to your solicitor. Talk on boards is cheap and you ought not be taking advice from anonymous posters with nothing at risk. Talk to your solicitor, the one who closed the house for you in May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mitosis wrote: »
    OP, talk to your solicitor. Talk on boards is cheap and you ought not be taking advice from anonymous posters with nothing at risk. Talk to your solicitor, the one who closed the house for you in May

Absolutely! Please see your solicitor. It is so easy for people here to be brash and tell you to ignore them or fight them etc but, as said, talk is cheap and they are not the people who have to deal with this in the real world.

Absolutely! Please see your solicitor. It is so easy for people here to be brash and tell you to ignore them or fight them etc but, as said, talk is cheap and they are not the people who have to deal with this in the real world.

Agreed more over when posters clearly have issues and agendas with the companies in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Thank you very much for all your help. I emailed our solicitor last Friday, she told us how to draft a formal complaint letter to Airtricty which i have sent to them on Friday by register post. So wait to see.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Pre pay power.ie best around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Certainly the most expensive with the extra charges for the meter and also the massive extra charges when something goes wrong!

Calling them the best around is nonsense as they use electric Ireland for supply afaik so it should be Electric Ireland the best around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

About €13 extra per month on top of the normal standing charges for the rental and use of the meter plus the following
    http://prepaypower.ie/docs/default-document-library/prepaypower---terms-and-conditions-of-supply.pdf?sfvrsn=2
    SCHEDULE OF CHARGES

Schedule of Charges

Meter Replacement charge
    €135

Keypad Replacement charge
    €50

Customer Card Replacement Charge
    €10

Call out fee
    €50

Out of hours - weekday
    €90

Out of hours -- weekend
    €130

Early Termination of contract = Meter removal fee + number of months remaining on the contract x €10

Meter removal Fee
    €50

Number of months remaining on the contract x €10

Paper Statement Fee
    €5

So if you needed a meter replacement on some cold winter Saturday or Sunday it could cost at least €265.(could be more if the out of hours call out fee is in addition to the normal €50 call out fee).

Why are they certainly a shill? What do you have to back that claim up?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you want to make statements like this, please provide some evidence. It will prevent posters from accusing you of shilling.

@Other posters - no further comments on this please. It's derailing the thread

dudara

Dunno what shilling is, but my bills are down atleast 80 every two months, but hey that's just me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No further off-topic comments please. Stick to the original topic.

dudara

Ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement