Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aguila 22LR 60gr SSS Sniper Sub Sonic

Options
  • 15-08-2013 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals. Just wondering have any of you every used the Aguila 22LR 60gr sub's? Its an unusual round and id like to know your thoughts on it. Also does anyone know if it is even sold here in Ireland?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I have never seen it for sale anyway. How did you here about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

Saw them in Sporting rifle magazine from the UK and saw them on youtube. Doubt they can be got here. Cant even get the segmented subsonics or the cci "quiet .22 " so Id safely say theres 0 chance of getting them here. I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Jesus - 60gr??.. that's a hefty lump out of a 22LR.

Would be curious to try a box out myself if they were found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Saw them in Sporting rifle magazine from the UK and saw them on youtube. Doubt they can be got here. Cant even get the segmented subsonics or the cci "quiet .22 " so Id safely say theres 0 chuance of getting them here. I could be wrong.

The cci quite ones can be got they are called cb long and have a mv of 710fps but i have a 5-6" group with them at 30 yards in my cz which means I don't use them The shop in monkstown has them. They are quieter without suppressor then the sub's are with a suppressor. Was out 1day with a friend who had a suppressor but I was much quieter . made no difference as I couldn't hit shi*e with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

pilatus wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals. Just wondering have any of you every used the Aguila 22LR 60gr sub's? Its an unusual round and id like to know your thoughts on it. Also does anyone know if it is even sold here in Ireland?
    Thanks.
    Hi pilatus,had a box or 2 a few years ago .
    Did not group well because of the slow .22lr 1/16 twist .
    Seemed to be using a .22 short as the case .
    Funny looking round with the head a long as the case .
    Regards,Tomcat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

Thanks Tomcat. Well I suppose there's no point if they aren't as accurate as the cci subs. It is a nice idea however, a 22 cartridge with a projectile of similar weight to a 223 cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Hi pilatus,had a box or 2 a few years ago .
    Did not group well because of the slow .22lr 1/16 twist .
    Seemed to be using a .22 short as the case .
    Funny looking round with the head a long as the case .
    Regards,Tomcat.

Seemingly, you need the 1:9 barrel twist to achieve any sort of accuracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The cci quite ones can be got they are called cb long and have a mv of 710fps but i have a 5-6" group with them at 30 yards in my cz which means I don't use them The shop in monkstown has them. They are quieter without suppressor then the sub's are with a suppressor. Was out 1day with a friend who had a suppressor but I was much quieter . made no difference as I couldn't hit shi*e with them

There is a video on youtube of a lad testing those cb longs and the accuracy was rubbish, the target sheet looked like some had fired an ounce of bb at it from a shotgun at about 50 yards.

Advertisement