Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So you've cut yourself....

• 15-08-2013 2:12am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We all do it from time to time. My questions is, if you cut yourself on say the first pass, do you use your styptic pencil on it immediately, or wait till you're finished all together?

I use a DE safety and sometimes get a nick on the first or second pass. What happens then is the blood gets on your brush when you lather up again and gets spread around your face. Or do you use a pencil to stop it, then continue as normal?

I've not tried the second option yet, do it work or does it just get opened up again on the next pass?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I rarely nick myself these days but when I do I would wait until the end. If I'm feeling particularly raw from a bad shave I'd break out the alum. If it is a stubborn weeper I'd use the pencil after a cold splash at the end.

I actually picked up some Proraso shave cut gel, as my pencil had gotten wet and was ruined, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've done both, although I've never had blood be spread around my face when lathering my face again. If I knicked myself on a pass I would just finish that pass, splash my face with some water (as I normally do between passes) and the relather. The splash of water will normally get rid of the blood on my face and let me lather up with spreading blood around.

As for the cut reopening, I've not found that to be the case. The styptic will normally keep it from bleeding again if you are really careful in that area.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Very very rarely cut myself, this year I'd say I've cut myself twice for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I generally cut others more than myself ;)

If that happens however I stop the shave and apply styptic. I recently found liquid styptic which is awesome. Most people are tolerant, but I recently straight shaved a guys head and he almost cried like a baby about the styptic. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It can be quite stingy...

I've a few areas that tend to cut more that others. What is this liquid styptic you speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It can be quite stingy...

I've a few areas that tend to cut more that others. What is this liquid styptic you speak of?

http://www.amazon.com/Kds-Radical-Touch-Liquid-Styptic/dp/B000RJV198

Advertisement