Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: stable to rent or good livery

Options
  • 15-08-2013 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all

I am currently seeking to rent a yard with room for 2-3 horses with a floodlit arena and good hacking with preferably forestry nearby. Needs to be within saggart/rathcoole/kilteel area or within Reasonable commute of there.

Alternatively if anyone knows of a nice Clean friendly yard taking livery ( either full or DIY) we would be interested also.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

calliaghstown equestrian centre is out that direction, I've only ever visited the place but it looks very clean and well run, people we met were friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galupyhorsey

Cool, i will check that out :) Not sure if our first preference is livery though- had a lot of bad experiences in the last couple of years with livery yards, so wondering would i be better just doing it myself ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Calliaghstown EC, Coolmine EC and new Haven Equestrian are all near the saggart / Rathcoole area

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Depending on how high a priority turnout is - some of those yards have limited turnout, it can be like hens teeth in some places!

Most small places with a house/yard to rent are by word of mouth so it would be worth asking local farmers if they had a property/stables to rent or in local feed stores? Might be worth a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galupyhorsey

Thanks for that guys :)

Turnout is essential for us tbh, i had looked at a couple of those yards and that didn't seem to be viable unfortunately.

Trying to ask around the local area, as wouldn't mind even just renting stables and doing it myself. Hens teeth wouldnt be in it! My experience has been that its very difficult to get good livery in Dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

Try Ballinagappa house stables, I rented an apartment and 3 stables when we were saving for our house! Will pm you the number, trouble is its in clane, but its actually only a 15 minute drive from kilteel!

Advertisement