Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best child's seat for campervan?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a Be Safe Izi Combi x 3 for my car, but there is no isofix in the camper, (1999 vw T4) so what would be the best seat for a 4 year old child in back of campervan?

Thx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

We just use the same car seats for our 3 children as we do in the car. One is isofix but can still be used in the motorhome using the seatbelt only.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

It depends on the height/weight of the kid and the type of seat belts that you have.....3 point or lap-strap
    Its more a question of getting a seat to fit your needs that a generic seat for a campervan

• Registered Users Posts: 26 novicecyclist

It has 3 point seat belts and my lo weighs about 3 stone. I have a Be Safe izi up x3 isofix but I wasnt sure if i could use this as there are no isofix points in the van

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Most of the car seats including yours are only rated to 18kg then it onto a booster seat, crazy really my 4 and 5 year olds are the height of a 7 and 8 year old too tall for even the heavier seats. Britax elite is one of the only one you could fit, noone in ireland stocks them you have to order from the north or uk or keeo an eye on donedeal, adverts.

Advertisement