Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1kg round of beef... what to do?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    have a 1kg round of beef and am looking for something to do with it for dinner. Was going to dice it up and use for a stew, but am open to other suggestions for tonight's dinner? nothing to complicated please.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Cut into strips and do stroganoff.

Flatten the whole thing and do braccialone.

Cut it into chunks and do bourgignon.

The possibilities are endless, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've made pulled braised beef and onions and it's pretty easy and awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That is about the only good looking (to me) recipe I've ever come across for round or beef.

OP, you'd be mad not to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Regarding the recipe above: "Pulled Beef"; it looks amazing but what's the equivalent of a cup measurement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

fussyonion wrote: »
    Regarding the recipe above: "Pulled Beef"; it looks amazing but what's the equivalent of a cup measurement?

8 fluid oz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

According to THIS one US cup measure of liquid = 240ml. It's different depending on what you're measuring, eg flour or sugar. It's worth buying a set of measuring cups, they're really handy and not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

According to THIS one US cup measure of liquid = 240ml. It's different depending on what you're measuring, eg flour or sugar. It's worth buying a set of measuring cups, they're really handy and not expensive.

Oh great, any idea where one could purchase such cups? :P

Oh great, any idea where one could purchase such cups? :P

Tesco Go Cook range has a stainless steel measuring cup for €7.25

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That pulled beef looks amazing!

But.... would 1.5 cups of bbq sauce not make it incredibly sweet? Anyone any recommendations as to what sauce might be good for doing this?

Sounds like an amazing alternative to Beef in Guinness, which is all I've managed to make in my Le Crueset casserole so far.

(thinly veiled "I've got a Le C pot" post :D. Two words - Kildare Village :D:D)

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That pulled beef looks amazing!

But.... would 1.5 cups of bbq sauce not make it incredibly sweet? Anyone any recommendations as to what sauce might be good for doing this?

Sounds like an amazing alternative to Beef in Guinness, which is all I've managed to make in my Le Crueset casserole so far.

(thinly veiled "I've got a Le C pot" post :D. Two words - Kildare Village :D:D)

Even with the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, I didn't find the dish too sweet honestly. Just, BBQ-ishly sweet. I used the HP BBQ sauce.

Gotta love Le Creuset :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

If you use a lot of american recipes you can get a nest of plastic cups in home store and more quite cheap. 1 cup =250ml, 1/3 cup = 80ml, 1/4 cup = 60ml, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

If you use a lot of american recipes you can get a nest of plastic cups in home store and more quite cheap. 1 cup =250ml, 1/3 cup = 80ml, 1/4 cup = 60ml, etc.

And even cheaper in Dealz for €1.49! You get a plastic measuring jug which holds two cups worth, with a lid that has a little strainer so you can use the jug for straining liquid also. Measurements for cups and mls are given down the side. Inside are plastic measures for 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, tablespoon and teaspoon. Best €1.49 I've ever spent! And they come in cool colours - I got bright green which matches...nothing!

Advertisement