Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA rights?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if you are only working 8 hours a week, are you still entitled to you JSA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes but it depends how the hours are worked - you can work upto 3 days per week and still collect JSA - if you work 4 days in a week you cant collect JSA

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭G.Murphy

Yes but it depends how the hours are worked - you can work upto 3 days per week and still collect JSA - if you work 4 days in a week you cant collect JSA

I worked 2 days a week for 2 weeks (2 Four hour days) and after the 2 weeks I asked about the contract and they said they changed it and would not be changing the hours to 20 so I told them 8 hours was not enough and left.

Got a letter this morning and the welfare gave me a sheet to give to the company I worked for asking the days I worked etc, Will they close my claim for leaving the job?

thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I cant see ths happing once you explin it was not full time work just leave it at that see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don't think they will close your claim - maybe just give you a warning

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you were unemployed before you may not have gotten jsa for the days you don't work so you would have ended up with less than the basic jsa amount, tell then you left because of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭G.Murphy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If you were unemployed before you may not have gotten jsa for the days you don't work so you would have ended up with less than the basic jsa amount, tell then you left because of this.

Ye that was the problem, they gave me 8 hours spread 3 days whoch was just a joke.

Went down today and asked them to fill the paper work out and was told that they where no allowed and I would have to send it in the post to HQ which is in England !!!

Advertisement