Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Rises - 7th of September at the XGC: MvC, AE, AE Teams, IGAU & Casuals

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A lot of the Injustice lads are PS3 pad players so it would be kind of unfair forcing them to use converters because of lag and all that.

It's the players responsibility to ensure they're able to play on whatever console is chosen. I paid nearly 200 quid to sort out a dual modded stick, I don't think it's too much for a pad player to find as good an adapter as possible.

(Not that AFAIK IJ is on XB anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Then get a good converter. We've had AE players have to buy converters/mods to play PS3 controllers on 360 for tournaments. 360 Injustice is just better for tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I was just saying that it would make more sense to run it on PS3 because the vast majority of Injustice players play on that console.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Hopefully I can make it, if anyone wants someone to carry through the team tourney I'm your man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

GorySnake wrote: »
    Can we please run Injustice on Xbox. The PS3 loading times are unquestionably worse.

dont think thats a good idea to be honest,
    too many issues with the game on xbox to risk using it in tourny play.

characters deleting themselves needing a cache clear & redownload,
    buttons randomly stop working at start of match or after a clash (there has been mutlitable threads on tym about that issue so its not as random as i thought at 1st)

not to sound smart but id take the game taking 1-2 more seconds to load over my buttons maybe not functioning mid match at a tourny.

A lot of the Injustice lads are PS3 pad players so it would be kind of unfair forcing them to use converters because of lag and all that.

pad players?!? scum of the earth, **** 'em lol
    It's the players responsibility to ensure they're able to play on whatever console is chosen. I paid nearly 200 quid to sort out a dual modded stick, I don't think it's too much for a pad player to find as good an adapter as possible.

(Not that AFAIK IJ is on XB anyway)

yea very good point stick players have to dosh out hell of alot more than a e20 converter and if your playing at tournies u should be kitted out with what you need.

but with reasons mentioned above if it could be played on ps3 prob be less risk of mess up, also theres a xgc ps3 fully patched with dlc already there, theres another one of theres that just needs the zatanna patch but we'll be playing on it before the tourny so it well be updated by then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

I've never been to the xgc, but i'd love to go. Is it easy enough to find? Also I'd love to play in the AE teams, if anyone would be willing to put up with me.

prenelf wrote: »
    I've never been to the xgc, but i'd love to go. Is it easy enough to find? Also I'd love to play in the AE teams, if anyone would be willing to put up with me.

Where you coming from? Hueston or Connolly?

It's pretty easy.

From busaras Station. I'll figure it out one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I can meet anybody who's coming from out of town and can't find the place at the spire(big pointy yoke on o' connell street), xgc is 2 minutes down the road from that.

I'd appreciate the help. Dublin to me is what New York was for Homer.
    fg_367.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

prenelf wrote: »

Yo, we can be Team Ginger Smash!

Less go!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Two simple posters for the event, I'm away from my good PC for a few days so while suggestions are welcome, in won't be able to act on them straight away.

Sagat
    http://fullmeter.com/images/infernorisessagat.png

Ken
    http://fullmeter.com/images/infernorisesken.png

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Cool poster Onion!

Someone else mentioned it last time we had a poster but maybe under the event name add in something like "fighting game tournament and casuals".

To the let the truly uninitiated know what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Speed Boat wrote: »

Someone else mentioned it last time we had a poster but maybe under the event name add in something like "fighting game tournament and casuals".

To the let the truly uninitiated know what it's about.

Borrow from the Smash vocabulary, call the casuals "Friendlies"

Because we're friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• QR code/shortened link to the boards thread or RS.ie post is needed.
    • Mention cost & game platform.
    • Needs something like "all skill levels welcome"

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Do people use QR codes?

I don't care really but I'm just curious if people use them.

Never used a QR code in my life, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

QR codes are a complete waste of time.
    No one uses them.

One suggestion I'd agree with is Kikis "All skill levels welcome" on the posters though.

Otherwise love the posters Onion, I'd go with the ken one.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll certain try to fit a few of those in. Don't think the qr code is a seller, website is right there at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Put cody on that poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Nutrient wrote: »
    Put cody on that poster

But we wanna bring people in >:/

Fergus_ wrote: »
    But we wanna bring people in >:/

Put Fergus on the poster then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Put Fergus on the poster then. ;)

O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I can't actually make this.. got a wedding that day. :(

I move that we postpone this one week so EFF CHAMP and eh me can make this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I will definitely be at this whenever it is!

Prenelf I will be getting the train from cork too so I can go there with you (I don't actually know where the xgc is either but I used to live in dublin so maybe I will be able to find it). I think steez will be back from america then and I will team with him. If he is not I'll team with you if you need a teammate

I am planning to have some casuals before the end of august in my house too if you'd like to come and get some practice. I'll put up details later.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

The date when this is on doesn't concern me. I'll be there regardless

For multiple reasons, the date is not up for discussion (including the fact Galway is trying to run a tournament for the proposed other date, the TO is currently out of the country for this one, the fact that we've already started publicising the date, the fact we had to book the XGC etc).

For multiple reasons, the date is not up for discussion (including the fact Galway is trying to run a tournament for the proposed other date, the TO is currently out of the country for this one, the fact that we've already started publicising the date, the fact we had to book the XGC etc).

But what about Doyler? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

But what about Doyler? :confused:

lol

Just thought there's no harm in asking.

I forgot about the Galway tournament actually. No way would I want it to overlap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

First time in a while I'll actually be able to stay the entire day for this, don't have work to run off to, good news for you Doom, you can go off and beast SF and make all the finals. Also I expect some company for a pint of two after, no excuses!

Advertisement