Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Rises - 7th of September at the XGC: MvC, AE, AE Teams, IGAU & Casuals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GGs all.

Thanks to the organising crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thanks to AJ who busted out of the hospital to turn up for this.

Thanks to anyone who helped out in any way at all.

Thanks to everyone who turned up and played.

Thanks to anyone who didn't punch me for being a moany prick about the console I had to keep setting up.

Bring on the next one.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ggs to everyone I played today, great fun as always. Thanks to Doom and Dave for the dinner company!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Thanks to anyone who didn't punch me for being a moany prick about the console I had to keep setting up.

Bring on the next one.

To be fair you had to do it 3 times. Thats 2 too many

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Taking a game off Ladnopoka on stream wasn't too bad. GGs everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Big Gaskin

Thanks to all the TOs for organising this, had a great day!

GGs to everyone I played!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

thanks to the organisers for setting this up

Thanks to 1man3letters and all the igau guys for the encouragement

Thanks to Deadeye Dave for the casuals afterwards

Thanks Nutrient for conversation in between matches

Lol Nutrient rage quit UMvC grand finals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ggs to all, i had a very fun day.
    shame no injustice got recorded as some mega hype was missed, sure theres always next time :)

thanks to ayjay and team for putting in on and like i said to ayjay thanks for letting injustice run 3/5, the way the game is meant to be played :D

dunno full placements of injustice as lost brackets on way home but from what i remember...

1.luke (zod/black adam)
    2.nutrient (superman/doomsday)
    3.lar (MMH,ares)
    4.1M3L (scorpion)
    5.bush (green lantern)
    5.coffey (MMH,black adam)

roll on the next one :cool:

Really think we need to do something about how we record IJ

Xbox version seems ideal for convenience tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great day, lots to think about!

Recording IJ isn't that bad, it's just we were buggered for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Regien

Hey guys, I just wanna say thanks to the organizers for the fantastic job, and thanks to everyone I played for the awesome matches. This was only my second tournament, and the first I had to travel to, but I had an absolutely fantastic time, and I would love to come back again for the next one and show you what the new generation of fighting game players can really do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Thanks to everyone for being cool to my little (big) brother. He had a great time playing casuals, getting on stream/mic and getting to find out what a boojum burrito is.

Congratumalations to DT and Cog for winning UMvC3 and AE, and Luke for winning that game with Batman in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Had a good time, ggs all, thanks for putting it together! Looking forward to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Lythero wrote: »
    boojum burrito

burrito place in foodhall across from XGC>boojum burrito #realtalk

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Regien wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just wanna say thanks to the organizers for the fantastic job, and thanks to everyone I played for the awesome matches. This was only my second tournament, and the first I had to travel to, but I had an absolutely fantastic time, and I would love to come back again for the next one and show you what the new generation of fighting game players can really do!

GGs man (Cammy player from your group), your Honda is really solid, if you keep coming to tournaments you'll be showing really good results in no time.

Also GGs to everybody else I played and to all the organisers. Well played to Chris for the victory and especially to Fergus - I honestly thought you'd win today Gus, you were playing the best I've ever seen you play and I hope you're still interested in AE because you are seriously sick at the game.

I'd check it out... but I got a tenth stamp on my card today so I guess I'll just get another boojum one instead.

tumblr_ms3l9gyjZF1r2g7mto1_500.gif

Also, say what you will about the XGC's monitors, but having as many casuals as you wanted along with streamable bandwidth seemed pretty slick to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Chorizo is the king of all burrito meats #realtalk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Chorizo is the king of all meats #realtalk

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Apologies again for my laziness yesterday but 3 hours travel each way on less than 3 hours sleep and a hangover was going to be too much for me. Really, really enjoyed the stream, though; excellent job by everyone running it and commentating. It stood up to any professional stream I've seen.

Oh and Ladno; Это - моя вера, что перевод, с английского на русский использующий автоматические программы в Интернете не эффективен. Я сожалею о немилости на ваш прекрасный язык.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Kanped wrote: »
    Oh and Ladno; Это - моя вера, что перевод, с английского на русский использующий автоматические программы в Интернете не эффективен. Я сожалею о немилости на ваш прекрасный язык.

:)

Haha the joke is on you, my dad is fluent in Russian so I got him to translate that for me. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Regien

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs man (Cammy player from your group), your Honda is really solid, if you keep coming to tournaments you'll be showing really good results in no time.

Thanks man, I think one of my main problems is that I have very little experience playing next to people, it's all online, and I know how much that affects you during real life gameplay. As well as the fact that I've only really been seriously playing fighting games since AE came out, and I've yet to mature as a FG player, as evidenced by my abuse of reversals. But I promise you, I will return and I will be better!

Regien wrote: »
    Thanks man, I think one of my main problems is that I have very little experience playing next to people, it's all online, and I know how much that affects you during real life gameplay. As well as the fact that I've only really been seriously playing fighting games since AE came out, and I've yet to mature as a FG player, as evidenced by my abuse of reversals. But I promise you, I will return and I will be better!

I thought you played great for your first proper tourney. I was the Ryu you faced in losers. Be careful of reversalling when someone is doing the same safe jump/OS on you over and over. You gotta learn to recognise it. That's a tough match though I thought you played it very well. Very patient!

I just want to make sure I got top 4 for each game right. Are these all correct?

AE
    1st Cobelcog
    2nd Fergus
    3rd Hound
    4th Ladnopoka

IGAU
    1st Luke (Firebreather)
    2nd Nutrient
    3rd Lar
    4th 1M3L

UMvC3
    1st Dark Talant
    2nd Nutrient
    3rd D4rk Onion
    4th Lythero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yes, that seems right. Thanks for that

UMvC3
    1st Dark Talant
    2nd :mad:
    3rd D4RK ONION
    4th Lythero
    FTFY

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    FTFY

Allow me to complete the pictures

1st Imag1_zpseda32137.png
    2nd mad.png
    3rd tumblr_m764qoN9fo1qfp4zc.png
    4th Image4_zps485bf8d6.png

Off to memecenter_1369186749512_53_zps9cf181e0.gif

Gotta say, I was perfectly happy with my third place given that I put the winner into losers in the first place! I feel like that salt shaker needs to find a new home next to the angry face ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Gotta say, I was perfectly happy with my third place given that I put the winner into losers in the first place! I feel like that salt shaker needs to find a new home next to the angry face ;)

Not salty at all, I can recognize when I'm being outplayed, simple as, had to do another GF in Injustice afterwards so it all worked out I guess

You would have beat me too 3-0 had you not dropped ALL your combos.

Hope can see all the Marvel players attend next time

Nutrient wrote: »
    Hope can see all the Marvel players attend next time

Likewise. I know plenty of folks often have their reasons for not showing up, but there were really only 5 UMvC3 players there. This terrifies me that UMvC3 will get dropped in future tournys. AyJay mentioned this himself and I'm not able to say such a decision would be unjustified unless there's players wanting to play it.

• Advertisement

Lythero wrote: »
    This terrifies me that UMvC3 will get dropped in future tournys.

That will never happen, where else is Doom gonna get dat CPM? :pac:

Advertisement