Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House valuation fee

Options
  • 15-08-2013 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Apologies if this is up on some other thread.

Sw a lovely house in the last month. Got my mortgage, agreed on a price, got a valuation done as required by the bank for 150 euro. Then the owners pulled out. Said they weren't ready to move just yet (ya right). But anyway, I'm 150 quid out of pocket! Surely there must be a provision for this kind of situation where the owners are liable to pay? In is day and age I cannot afford to let 150 euro slip through my fingers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I don't think there's anything you can do. This kind of thing seems to happen a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tryinmybest

It seems so silly that someone hasn't provided for this! Thank you miezekatze for your very speedy reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Try sending an invoice for the cost that you incurred because of the owners of the house. Worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nothing you can do...I have had valuations done on 3 houses....the last one I am still in the process of buying.
    I agree though very frustrating, and very very easy money

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

You can try to invoice the home owners but can't imagine they will pay.

Otherwise looks like you are stuck with the cost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tryinmybest

Could be an opportunity for someone to talk to joe!

Advertisement