Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed over

Options
  • 15-08-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering is there anyway to find out when my broadband will be changed over to eircom, my home phone has been but they said when I was changing it could take 3 to 4 weeks for the broadband to change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Talula_d wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering is there anyway to find out when my broadband will be changed over to eircom, my home phone has been but they said when I was changing it could take 3 to 4 weeks for the broadband to change.
    Hi Talula_d

Feel free to Pm me your landline number and I'll look into this for you,

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

I have sent a pm and had no reply?!
    Hi Talula_d

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I have sent a pm and had no reply?!
    Hi Talula_d

Thanks

Al

Hi Talula_d

Would you mind sending on the details to me and I can check the status of the broadband transfer.

Mark

I cant send a PM to you!

I cant send a PM to you!
    Hi Talula_d

Apologies, I have amended my settings.

Mark

• Advertisement

I cant send a PM to you!
    Hi Talula_d

Apologies, I have amended my settings.

Mark
    Hi Talula_d

I got your PM thanks, I spoke to the broadband transfer team confirmed that the 10 day cooling off period elapses today so the broadband will be back with eircom tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Mark

Still no change on the broadband!?

Still no change on the broadband!?

Hi,

I got your PM, the order has completed. The service should work with your current modem. You may need to re-set the modem to pick up the change and insure the correct eircom modem settings are imputed

Modem settings - http://bit.ly/14j9OZm

It may be easier to call broadband support on 1890 260 260 and go through it step by step.

Mark

Absolute disaster, neither the technical support over the phone or online are able to help me change over!

Absolute disaster, neither the technical support over the phone or online are able to help me change over!
    Hi Talula_d

The order may need an additional 24 hours to Post (filter the change through to all our systems)

What did support advise when you called them today?

Mark

• Advertisement

At the moment I am on to the phone line and he is currently googling how to change the settings

At the moment I am on to the phone line and he is currently googling how to change the settings
    Hi Talula_d

I will follow up with you tomorrow to see if they were able to get you up and running.

Mark

Hi, engineer supposed to call Friday or today and I haven't heard anything since, any update??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

Talula_d, sounds like you are being bandied around like I currently am. Was meant to have an engineer out last Wednesday, took the day off work and they never showed. 

I've been dealing with Tracey (on Twitter) who has been great but they still can't tell me when I'll have a new appointment (even though they were the ones who set the original one up).

I changed over to Eircom over a month ago and am still waiting :/

Hi, engineer supposed to call Friday or today and I haven't heard anything since, any update??
    Hi Talula_d

Can you confirm who advised you a technician would be calling out to you by then? I'll look into this in more detail and as soon as I have an update I will be in touch with your right away.

Thanks

Al

I was told by the technical support team on the phone on Wednesday that a technician would be out hopefully Friday to have this sorted by the weekend and if not definitely Monday! I am disgusted with this situation and I have only changed over to already have problems which I was advised by your sales team would not happen!

I was told by the technical support team on the phone on Wednesday that a technician would be out hopefully Friday to have this sorted by the weekend and if not definitely Monday! I am disgusted with this situation and I have only changed over to already have problems which I was advised by your sales team would not happen!
    Hi Talula_d

I am awaiting feedback from technical support in relation to this. As soon as I have more information I will let you know (which I am hoping to be this afternoon). Apologies for this inconvenience.

Thanks

Al

Does this mean that again there will be no engineer out today!how is it possible you can only find out from technical support this afternoon surely you have a direct line to them?? This has gone beyond a joke!!

Does this mean that again there will be no engineer out today!how is it possible you can only find out from technical support this afternoon surely you have a direct line to them?? This has gone beyond a joke!!

Hi Talula_d

I'm doing my best to arrange a technician as soon as possible, A technician will not be out today however I'm doing my best to have one out to you ASAP.

When I have more news I will let you know here.

Al

Why was I told Monday at the latest then?

• Advertisement

Why was I told Monday at the latest then?
    Hi Talula_d

I did not tell you did this and I'm unable to offer an answer for this.

If you wish to make a complaint please contact eircom complaints on 1800200481. All I can do is my best in pushing to have a technician out as soon as possible.

Al

I will wait and see what update you have by tomorrow afternoon, if nothing is done I will be making a complaint.

I will wait and see what update you have by tomorrow afternoon, if nothing is done I will be making a complaint.
    Hi Talula_d

We requested a call back to you yesterday. Did a member of the support team call you yesterday evening.

Mark

Hi, I have had no phone call at all from anyone from eircom!

Hi, I have had no phone call at all from anyone from eircom!
    Hi Talula_d

Are you at home to arrange a call back this afternoon?

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Ah Irish broadband providers, only took a week to arrange a phonecall which will arrange a technician. Efficiency at its finest. 

Yes I'm free this afternoon, I hope you are calling for directions because I have already been through all the technical support help guidelines!

Advertisement