Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Development Jobs in Europe.

Options
  • 15-08-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, my name's Sean (hence the punny name). I work for a company called Job Coconut who promote jobs for other companies (sort of a semi-recruitment company) and I've gotten the go-ahead from Retr0gamer to promote a few of our game dev jobs here.

Jobs will be posted in this thread only, so if you want to keep an eye out for them you'll have to follow this thread.

Do note that the vast majority of our game dev jobs are somewhere abroad but there could be some great opportunities for any of you who want to try living and working in a different country for a while. You should all have EU work permits by dint of living in Ireland anyway.

That's that for the introductory post. Hopefully some of you can find a bit of work through this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

While I'm at it I suppose I'll give a bit of info on myself.
    I'm 24 years old, recently qualified in Sales and Digital Marketing (recently as in last Friday recently) and I'm an avid gamer too. I play just about every genre of games besides sports. I've lived in Dublin my whole life. Currently doing an internship with Job Coconut, working for free but the experience is good and the folks here are really friendly.

I'll start with a job a little closer to home than most of them that I have. It's a Mobile and Games Designer position in London. It's got all the usual requirements like good communication skills, works well in a team or on own initiative, passionate etc. Desirable skills are listed as: Proficiency in HTML/CSS/FLASH and Photoshop and other graphic design packages plus a good working knowledge of action script and IT development.

You can get more info or apply here:
    http://www.jobcoconut.com/job/646/Mobile-and-Games-Designer-United-Kingdom

This one's a little further afield; Games Designer for Aeria Games over in Berlin. If you're not familiar with Aeria they do a lot of free MMORPGs, usually with fun, bright design to them.

This position is for developing and designing their mobile games (because most of the jobs in the gaming industry is mobile right now)

Some of the responsibilities are conceptual work, world design, working with product managers and other developers to oversee implementation of features.

Also; while the job is in Berlin, Aeria do not require a German-speaking applicant, the only language requirement is English.

Full details and application here:
    http://www.jobcoconut.com/job/321/Game-Designer-Germany

Mobile Game Designer position here in Ireland with Superhippo.

This is a full-fledged designer role, you'll be involved in a game through its entire life-cycle from conception to completion. You'll be expected to create prototype builds of individual mechanics and maintain game balance throughout the development process. This is only a short summary of the various responsibilities of the role. This is a very high-responsibility role with a lot to be done. If you think you can handle it check out the full job-spec here:

http://www.jobcoconut.com/job/553/Mobile-Game-Designer-Ireland

This one's not exactly game dev but it is here in Ireland and some of you might have the skills and experience for it anyway. A job is a job after all.

It's a PHP front-end contract-based job. The contract pays €250 per day.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of software to support web application services, for web and mobile based applications. Reporting to the 3V Software Development Manager, you will be part of an in-house, international development team involved in the fast pased delivery of innovative programmes in the payment card sector. These include mobile wallets, customer account portals, partner integrations and payment applications on the mobile phone.

Full job spec is here: http://www.jobcoconut.com/job/701/PHP-Web-Front-End-Developer-IMMEDIATE-PHP-HTML5-JScript-Phonegap-Ireland

Like I said, I know it's not games dev but some of you might have the skills and experience they want and be able to make a few quid off the contract.

• Advertisement

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while folks; most of our "games" jobs atm are really gambling jobs and I doubt any of you are interested in that. We have a tonne of web development jobs all over the place and various other programming jobs but nothing in gaming for now. I'll update the list as soon as I have something I feel would actually interest you guys.

iOS Developer job in London. As far as I know it is for online gambling but if you're looking to build up experience it's not a bad choice, not to mention it pays between 50k and 60k per year in pounds sterling.

They're looking for 1 - 2 years of commercial development experience and 6 months of iOS development as well as 2 non-trivial apps published that include client-server communication.

The full job description is here: http://www.jobcoconut.com/job/825/iOS-Developer-United-Kingdom

We've got a new games company in the pipeline as far as I know, so I hope to have a few more interesting opportunities for you guys in the near future.

Hey lads, not exactly game dev related but I'm really stuck here. We're trying to fill a role for game support for The Elder Scrolls online, requires fluency in German, based in Portgual. Great benefits including refund of your initial flight, help finding accommodation and a complimentary flight home once a year. Would any of you happen to know anyone who fits the bill? No prior experience required but an interest in gaming is a big plus (obviously) and fluency in German is an absolute must.

Any help at all would be really appreciated.

Advertisement