Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College transfer

• 15-08-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey, I'll probably get offered Software Development in GMIT on monday, I know if I do this degree after my third year I can transfer into a similar course in Nuig (Computer science), but when I do this, do i have to do another 4 years in nuig? or just 1 year to get my level 8 degree?
    And also, will it be the same degrees ill get at the end if i did 3 years of a level 7 then 1 year level 8, as it would be if i just did 4 years level 8? :confused:

Comments

iFreeley wrote: »
    Hey, I'll probably get offered Software Development in GMIT on monday,
    Congratulations.
    do i have to do another 4 years in nuig? or just 1 year to get my level 8 degree?
    No - you can apply to transfer into second or third year in NUIG.
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/admissions/documents/engineering_transfer_regulations_2013_final.pdf
    It will take you an extra year to complete your degree in NUIG compared to GMIT.
    And also, will it be the same degrees ill get at the end if i did 3 years of a level 7 then 1 year level 8, as it would be if i just did 4 years level 8? :confused:
    Whether you do 3 GMIT + 2 NUIG or 4 GMIT you should have a qualification at the same level at the end.

Whether they are both the same is up to yourself - why do you want to go to NUIG over GMIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭iFreeley

I see from that post that I can't transfer into CS & IT in Nuig? Why is that?
    Just concerned that if I go to GMIT, it may not be as good/up to standards for employers compared to a Uni degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fender102

On the top of the second page of that link it says you can transfer to 3rd year of computer science in NUIG if you have a level 7 degree in software development.
    apparently its very easy to get a job after 4th year of softward dev. in gmit, they told us there is a 100% job rate, but it will probably look better having the level 8 from uni.
    you dont have to decide til you finish 3rd year anyway

Advertisement