Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juwel Pump - Not sticking to glass

Options
  • 15-08-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand 60 liter Juwel tank. My problem is that the pump will not stick to the glass (bottom two suction cups come loose) which gives the fish some room to explore behind it. Have already lost one fish (had him 3 years ) due to him getting caught behind it two nights ago.

Have searched amazon, adverts etc. and cannot find where to purchase replacement suction cups (the ones presently on are clear plastic).

Does anyone know of any shop (bricks and mortar or on-line) where these replacements can be bought?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Strange.. I thought all juwel tanks had their pumps / filters enclosed in a black unit that was siliconed to the tank. At least my ones do and any I've seen before. There was never any suction cups at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

lynchie wrote: »
    Strange.. I thought all juwel tanks had their pumps / filters enclosed in a black unit that was siliconed to the tank. At least my ones do and any I've seen before. There was never any suction cups at all.

It is a black unit but with suction cups.

The filter is removed from the bottom of the unit so siliconing it to the tank would make it impossible to change/clean the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Suction cups don't last long particularly in hard water areas. Try soaking them in vinegar to see if that helps. Otherwise you're in the market for new suction cups.

Advertisement