Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Offer via DID Elecitrical

• 15-08-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi ,

DID are running the below which pretty much matches the Boards members offer except on the TV Bundles it has a €100 voucher instead of a €50 one.

http://www.did.ie/upc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It says in small print :( (I'm not a new customer)

"DID Electrical will supplement this offer in store with a voucher worth €100 or a device of a similar value for any of the following new customer bundles: "

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Is there anything stopping me from cancelling my broadband and phone in my name and signing up in my partners name to get the new customer offer? Anyone do anyhting similar to this. I am out of contract with UPC.

epopnomis wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping me from cancelling my broadband and phone in my name and signing up in my partners name to get the new customer offer? Anyone do anyhting similar to this. I am out of contract with UPC.

I was thinking of doing the same. I have phone & BB and I'm out of contract. Not sure if it would work though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

People move houses all the time and new tenants or owners need tv/bb

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I was thinking of doing the same. I have phone & BB and I'm out of contract. Not sure if it would work though

It does work.i do it every year to avail of new customer discounts

• Advertisement

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    It does work.i do it every year to avail of new customer discounts

That's interesting. I would have assumed if say husband cancelled and wife signs up it wouldn't work
    Its worth looking into for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I remember a post from somebody (maybe a UPC rep?) a couple of years ago on boards.ie saying the account would need to be closed a minimum of one month, before the account could be marked as inactive.

That's interesting. I would have assumed if say husband cancelled and wife signs up it wouldn't work
    Its worth looking into for sure

My wife and I have separate bank accounts.when she joins as a new customer she is giving completely new details apart from the home address.we have never been questioned about having the same surname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I remember a post from somebody (maybe a UPC rep?) a couple of years ago on boards.ie saying the account would need to be closed a minimum of one month, before the account could be marked as inactive.

Issue answered here by UPC reps.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057014084

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

I cancelled our account last year and switched it into my name (from GFs) to avail of a "new customer" offer.

Only had one days down time in service. There was bit of a cock up with the final bill on the "old" account where we were over charged. Got it sorted easily enough. Keep in mind you'll also need to return the "old account" equipment otherwise you're liable to be charged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

for rented places a long gap wouldn't be workable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

It says in small print :( (I'm not a new customer)

"DID Electrical will supplement this offer in store with a voucher worth €100 or a device of a similar value for any of the following new customer bundles: "

Yeah what's that bit about. I am about to rent and would be getting UPC so this would be great. I don't want some electrical device I won't need. I would the the voucher and use it on a TV or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

tbh I'd say you're better off just threatening to cancel and move to sky and they're bound to give you some decent discounts to keep you as a customer

grimm2005 wrote: »
    tbh I'd say you're better off just threatening to cancel and move to sky and they're bound to give you some decent discounts to keep you as a customer

The best deal they have if a free install of the new horizon box and €50 per month for the first 6 months for new customers.existing customers don't get anywhere near as good a deal as that

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭FeelingTired

Be wary people...I signed up to the boards deal offer (upc.ie/boardsdeal) a month ago, the deal clearly said €42/month for phone and broadband, but special rate of €25/month for 6 months and free installation (as is available now again)...first bill came and I did not get special rate for first month, they said they gave me free installation but they totally reneged on the special introductory 6 month rate and dogged me over, very upset about it. Be careful is what I am saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭skinny90

Is this offer not available in all retail outlets selling UPC such as car phone warehouse and pcworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Is the offer still being offered through Currys PC World? I can't see any mention of it on their website. I ask as I think a voucher there would be more use than in DID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I haven't been in PC world or Curry's since Declan left, but they used to have the offer. I think the voucher might have been for €250 from what I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

the whole new customer thing is sooo annoying surely keeping custom should be as important....

Anyone here order the carphone warehouse deal, supposedly they want to charge me for the courier to deliver the horizon box, surely that can't be right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Just ordered this deal with DID.
    Anybody know how long it takes to hear back from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Anyone here order the carphone warehouse deal, supposedly they want to charge me for the courier to deliver the horizon box, surely that can't be right?

I did and wasn't charged for installation we got phone too though. Would that be the difference maybe?

Yeah to be honest the lads in there don't seem to know their a*se from their elbow... Its being delivered today so we'll see what happens... Not the easiest company to deal with IMO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FWIW, I recently closed my Sky account and switched to UPC. While closing I asked how long I had to be cancelled before coming back. Her answer was a week! That surprised me. Good thing to keep in mind for existing Sky customers who want a new box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yeah to be honest the lads in there don't seem to know their a*se from their elbow... Its being delivered today so we'll see what happens... Not the easiest company to deal with IMO...

God no, they are terrible.. friendly idiots I'd describe them. They screwed up my Horizon order and I've honestly had to call over a dozen times. It all originates to 2 orders going in (one without discount, called when I found a flier and wanted discount applied, they entered a second order instead). I really felt like I was dealing with an automaton: computer says no. Took nearly 2 weeks to get everything sorted. Horizon box sucks compared to Sky+ but the broadband is insane.

Advertisement