Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to get Samsung Galaxy s4 ?

• 15-08-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm in the market for a new mobile, and I decided to get an sgs4.

I've only recently arrived in Ireland, so I'm using a prepaid meteor sim at the moment, but I am interested in getting a bill pay card as I need the mobile data (at least 1gb) assuming it reduces the overall cost of the phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Simon_K wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm in the market for a new mobile, and I decided to get an sgs4.

I've only recently arrived in Ireland, so I'm using a prepaid meteor sim at the moment, but I am interested in getting a bill pay card as I need the mobile data (at least 1gb) assuming it reduces the overall cost of the phone.

Got a Galaxy S4 last week. Your choices depend on how much you're willing to pay upfront for the handset vs what you're willing to pay per month.

I paid €89 for an S4 from Three, monthly cost is €40 and that includes unlimited data.

The other option was Meteor, €31 per month and €199 for the phone, more minutes and texts but only 1GB data so I went with Three.

Vodafone and O2 were significantly more expensive.

NB; no FM radio on the S4 (like there is on most android phones) so you will use more data if you listen to the radio via apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

I assume that was for a 12/24 month contract? that's my biggest concern, I do not want to be locked in a contract for that long. o2 has a nice 6month contract option, but the upfront price is just too high.

Simon_K wrote: »
    I assume that was for a 12/24 month contract? that's my biggest concern, I do not want to be locked in a contract for that long. o2 has a nice 6month contract option, but the upfront price is just too high.

Yeah, 24 month contracts. The S4 is 4g compatible so you've some level of future-proofing but it's a long commitment alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

I might not be around for a whole year so that's what's mostly keeping me back from taking a long term contract...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Got a Galaxy S4 last week. Your choices depend on how much you're willing to pay upfront for the handset vs what you're willing to pay per month.

I paid €89 for an S4 from Three, monthly cost is €40 and that includes unlimited data.

The other option was Meteor, €31 per month and €199 for the phone, more minutes and texts but only 1GB data so I went with Three.

Vodafone and O2 were significantly more expensive.

NB; no FM radio on the S4 (like there is on most android phones) so you will use more data if you listen to the radio via apps.

How do you find three for mobile coverage? What area are you in?

• Advertisement

Username99 wrote: »
    How do you find three for mobile coverage? What area are you in?

I'm in D15, listened to the radio via TuneIn all the way into city centre on the bus this morning and didn't hit any black spots. I'd very rarely have issues with the coverage tbh, the wife is on Meteor and they don't seem to be as good.

Advertisement