Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive Repair

Options
  • 15-08-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So to make a long story short, my External Hard drive (which basically contains my life's collection of photos, documents etc) has a broken USB drive which I had the displeasure of noticing this morning. Is there anywhere in town that can possibly repair it or am doomed?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Depending on your HDD, you can get replacement enclosures. Most are fairly simple to swap over.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Thanks. It's a Seagate Momentus!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Righty, can you post a pic of the HDD and what exactly is broken on it? Need to figure out if it's the case or the drive where the connection is broken.

Righty, can you post a pic of the HDD and what exactly is broken on it? Need to figure out if it's the case or the drive where the connection is broken.

Got it fixed today. The USB had broken off from the main board and brought a few pieces from the board with it. All fixed thank heck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Where did u get it fixed and how much did it cost?
    I have the same problem with mine, USB connection seems lose and it wont work at all.

Where did u get it fixed and how much did it cost?
    I have the same problem with mine, USB connection seems lose and it wont work at all.
    The internet cafe/repair shop above Clare's accessories and it cost €15 which was for new casing too. May be cheaper to just fix the USB I'd say

Advertisement