Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHARITY PROJECT

Options
  • 15-08-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Guys & Girls,
    My name is Bernard Shortt and I live in Dublin, Ireland. I have only had one kidney since I was younger with to many other operations to mention but since Patricks Weekend things have gone downhill drastically. I attend the Mater Hospital at least once a week and use their and other resourses including the Irish Kidney Association. I have been diagnoised with End Stage Renal Disease, Kidney Failure. I had to have two operations to put a vistulia in my left arm for future dialysis.

In Ireland at this moment in time there are 600 people waiting on living organ donation.

The Irish Kidney Association IKA (www.ika.ie) help and support people in my position. In our short time with them the work the IKA have done for me and for my partner has been second to none. I love singing and music and it has always given me the release I need.

I would love to get permission to record in full, We Weren't Born To Follow in the listed formats especially as its a fundraising song and in the modern age for the song to get the most for the IKA I would like to apply for a Sync, Mechanical and digital licence for the song. I will be doing a cover version of the song. I have attached the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3D2oiy6YA Fast Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMw2y0OO_TI Slow version, scroll to about 2.20 into the song

As you may have seen the song will be solely recorded as a Non-Profit release in aid of the Irish Kidney Association (IKA)
    I would also appreciate if at all possible any advise you have with your expertise
    With Thanks,

Bernard Shortt
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

Hi Bernard

sorry to hear about your situation.
    I wish you all the best.
    not much in terms of expertise I can offer you , but if you need a bass player for the recording Id like to volunteer !

best of luck

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dublinrugbyguy

Bump

Advertisement