Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining RECI

Options
  • 15-08-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm taking the plunge and joining RECI in the next few weeks. Just a quick question:

Does the work that they inspect have to be a complete house wire or a rewire or will they inspect other pieces of work I've done?

Reason I ask is that I rarely do full house wiring or rewires and mainly do additional sockets, lights and maintenance.

Also, any recommendations for public liability insurance providers?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

They inspect current and recently completed work.
    If you haven't any full jobs then that's ok
    They obviously would prefer full inspections especially if you are just joining.
    I would say that your best bet would be to offer a full job for inspection if one comes up rather than wait until your inspector calls you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

kbrady@jlt.ie
    Try this lad for insurance too. Quoted me a better price than the company I'm currently with(18yrs)

Advertisement