Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Definitely interested in signing up guys.....if the limit hasn't been reached. Just started playing the game over the weekend (PS3) and loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fizman wrote: »
    Definitely interested in signing up guys.....if the limit hasn't been reached. Just started playing the game over the weekend (PS3) and loving it.

Boards-ie crew is full but there are other ones setup you can join

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057044413

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

Signed up to the Boards-ie crew a few days back and haven't had a chance to post here since. Thanks for adding me Sheehy, Rockstar name is __GT__.

Should be good fun, nice to be able to contribute to something bigger without having to co-ordinate specific sessions etc. I get feck all free time and it's pretty random so it's become hard to commit to making it online at a certain time. With the crew there should be a few people to jump into a game with whenever I do get a chance to play.

Really hope it lives up to expectations, a really good online GTA is something I've been waiting for since GTA 3. :D

Yeah I'm the same, never have time for organised online games, just jump on when I can, usually very late but with 300 people and other crews too, shouldn't have a problem of finding some familiar faces online. The co-op missions in GTA IV online were the best part of that so really looking forward to the same in this. Good as well how you can't plan big jobs without a big enough apartment for a planning section. You only need one person to be at that certain level and then they can invite anyone to do the heist with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

When do we go live online?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ardinn wrote: »
    When do we go live online?

1/10.

Ooooooo rumours floating around of micro transactionsfor online where you can buy cash cards for in game money. I really hope its not true because I can really see myself getting some for a nice apartment early on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would it not make more sense to have a dedicated boards PS3 crew and a dedicated 360 one instead of 2 mixed crews as it going to be now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Boards crew FTW.

If anyone sees Varik online kill him :P

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Would it not make more sense to have a dedicated boards PS3 crew and a dedicated 360 one instead of 2 mixed crews as it going to be now.

Was already mentioned.
    As it is the boards.ie crew(first one) has no leader for the xbox360 players.
    How important is a leader to the online game?
    Will the 360 players be missing an important element because of it?

Time will tell.

Varik wrote: »

There is already a PS3 only boards crew, feel free to make an xbox one. Rockstar made the crews to be able to mix cross platform so a group of people, no matter the platform can earn xp for their crew.

The Boards-ie crew is fairly balanced console wise so will have plenty of people on either console.......and then on PC when that gets released :)

F1ngers wrote: »
    Was already mentioned.
    As it is the boards.ie crew(first one) has no leader for the xbox360 players.
    How important is a leader to the online game?
    Will the 360 players be missing an important element because of it?

Time will tell.

Yeah, there are 2 Commissioners who are on XBOX who have the same privelages as the leader but to be honest, it's just a title. If people want to organise a game, it will be easy to do so on this thread or maybe another one will be setup when it goes live where you can post up if you will be on at a certain time and see who else can make it.

1 week to go to GTA Online, hope R* release some more info like how the character creation works. With all the problems with the social site, I wouldn't be surprised if Online was delayed a bit but hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye I can see online taking a while to take off properly if the social club problems are anything to go by but that's ok as far as I'm concerned as it is a gigantic undertaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

Just snet an invite request to the Boards crew 2

PSN: pantsless_pauly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I am currently leading the aca society Darts league :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

sheehy83 wrote: »
    1 week to go to GTA Online

I better get a move on, only at 48%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yeah, there are 2 Commissioners who are on XBOX who have the same privelages as the leader but to be honest, it's just a title.

Spoiler.gif

Don't worry royal, im only trying to make the cretins feel better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Read today about the microtransactions in online, credit cards that can be bought for in game cash. I've heard them advertised on the radio in game too .Normally I'd never think of using them but for the fact that you need a property with enough space to even plan doing heists, I'm half considering buying one just to get a launching pad for the boards crew. And of course we can sit around smoking virtual bongs in between blowing the **** out of other crews :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

If the first crew is full and there's a second one set up, why not split them into ps3 and 360 crews!

• Advertisement

Easier said than done sherlock. The 1st boards crew was setup in may 2012. people have earned a lot of xp for the crew and its a founder crew (among the first started in the world shown by the 2 gold stripes on our badge). Couldn't ask people to leave now. Up to individuals if they wanna head to a specific console crew.

Dark, im thinking the exact same thing. Never bought ingame money before but I really wanted a big place to get access to the big heists!

If the first crew is full and there's a second one set up, why not split them into ps3 and 360 crews!

Makes a lot of sense to do that. Might be tough to get 300 people to log in to the social club and get them to switch.

It would be easier to just get someone, like myself seeing as I'm a commissioner, to just go through all the 300 members and kick the ones from the chosen platform, and then invite them into the new one and they can see the invite notification when they next log in.

They could both be boards.ie crews with the BRDS tag, but just choose blue as the crew colour for the PS3 one, and green as the crew colour for the xbox360 seeing as that is the actual colours for the PS and Xbox.

It would take a couple of hours to do and I'll do it no problem.

Nope, don't want anyone kicked. Plenty of xbox people want to stay, like I said its up to themselves if they wanna go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Makes a lot of sense to do that. Might be tough to get 300 people to log in to the social club and get them to switch.

It would be easier to just get someone, like myself seeing as I'm a commissioner, to just go through all the 300 members and kick the ones from the chosen platform, and then invite them into the new one and they can see the invite notification when they next log in.

They could both be boards.ie crews with the BRDS tag, but just choose blue as the crew colour for the PS3 one, and green as the crew colour for the xbox360 seeing as that is the actual colours for the PS and Xbox.

It would take a couple of hours to do and I'll do it no problem.

I'm up for switching to the Xbox crew when its up and freeing up a space for the PS3 guys on BRDS. Just promise me a nice title and ill let you bang hookers in my virtual gaff whenever you want :D

Nope, don't want anyone kicked. Plenty of xbox people want to stay, like I said its up to themselves if they wanna go.

Never realized that about the gold stripes on the crew tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Well lads, I just threw a request out for the second boards crew - Frankie5Angels on the social club website, FrankFiveAngels on XBL.

Bang bang :pac:

What happens next now?!

What happens next now?!

First, we get the money, then we get the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

First, we get the money, then we get the power.

Then the strippers!

Los Santos is like one big chicken, just waiting to get plucked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

DarkJager wrote: »
    Read today about the microtransactions in online, credit cards that can be bought for in game cash. I've heard them advertised on the radio in game too .Normally I'd never think of using them but for the fact that you need a property with enough space to even plan doing heists, I'm half considering buying one just to get a launching pad for the boards crew. And of course we can sit around smoking virtual bongs in between blowing the **** out of other crews :D

This is definitely the way that GTA Online is going to have to go. We've already seen the crazy demand for this service which has caused problems with the Social Club website and the application that they put up on iTunes. This is going to be a very expensive service for Rockstar to run, especially if they end up getting it to anywhere near the type of scale that they're talking about - encompassing new (and potentially old) cities. And they'll need to monetise that somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can't wait to start :D all you boards crew 2 people better be ready to go :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

hey lads xbox 360 want to join a crew, no idea how it works, any ways gamertag is jamesbondings if that helps any??

hey lads xbox 360 want to join a crew, no idea how it works, any ways gamertag is jamesbondings if that helps any??

What is your rockstar social club username?

Log into the social club and send an invite to this crew http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards_crew_2_

Rocstar relased new info about the Online. Real money for virtual money is in.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

What is your rockstar social club username?

Log into the social club and send an invite to this crew http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards_crew_2_

done, jamesbondings is the social club name too

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

done, jamesbondings is the social club name too

Sent you an invite.
    If anyone wants me to invite them just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Sent you an invite.
    If anyone wants me to invite them just PM me.

I sent a request there yesterday - did you get that? Frankie5Angels

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I sent a request there yesterday - did you get that? Frankie5Angels

Just sent you an invite

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Invite requested from Boards Crew 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Anybody playing this yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

doncarlos wrote: »
    Anybody playing this yet?

Not playable until October 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Who's what and what's what?

I'm in ACA but is Boards 2 the preferred?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

List of Crews so far and links to their pages:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057044413

Boards Crew is full. Boards Crew 2 still has membership available.

You can join more than one crew, but can only have one active at a time. It comes down to personal preference which one you join though.

Penn wrote: »
    Not playable until October 1st.

It is for some users. I was playing last night. Just wondering are there any more boardsies in there so can do jobs together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

It is for some users. I was playing last night. Just wondering are there any more boardsies in there so can do jobs together.

I for one call bull**** :pac:

• Advertisement

I for one call bull**** :pac:

Call all you want! :)
    I won't be posting any screenshots as my XBOX live name is watermarked on the screen at all times. Only played it for about an hour and then tried story mode. Looks awesome.

Call all you want! :)
    I won't be posting any screenshots as my XBOX live name is watermarked on the screen at all times. Only played it for about an hour and then tried story mode. Looks awesome.

Can I ask did you get an invite or just find it live by accident when you were in the menu of the single player?

Can I ask did you get an invite or just find it live by accident when you were in the menu of the single player?

A friend works in Rockstar. They need people to stress test the servers. Only got the game yesterday though so missed the main tests.

A friend works in Rockstar. They need people to stress test the servers. Only got the game yesterday though so missed the main tests.

Tell your friend I wouldn't mind stress testing the PS3 servers. :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Tell your friend I wouldn't mind stress testing the PS3 servers. :D :P

+1 :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement