Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

doncarlos wrote: »
    A friend works in Rockstar. They need people to stress test the servers. Only got the game yesterday though so missed the main tests.

Sure if you've been invited, you're there "legally". Surely there isn't an issue posting screen shots under those circumstances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Sure if you've been invited, you're there "legally". Surely there isn't an issue posting screen shots under those circumstances?

Of course there is. Had to sign a NDA.

Access to this private test is limited to trusted friends and family of Rockstar Games who have agreed to be bound by a strict Non-Disclosure Agreement. Please do NOT post or share anything at all about the test anywhere online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Access to this private test is limited to trusted friends and family of Rockstar Games who have agreed to be bound by a strict Non-Disclosure Agreement. Please do NOT post or share anything at all about the test anywhere online

I find your lies offensive. go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Then thanks for telling us that you can't say anything. Helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

So you just broke the NDA by posting here!:rolleyes:

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    I find your lies offensive. go away.

You're easily offended young lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You're easily offended young lady

Your lies make baby Jesus cry.

lkionm wrote: »
    Then thanks for telling us that you can't say anything. Helpful

I came on and asked was anybody else playing? Not that I was going to reveal anything. I thought there would be a few people on here that would also be online.

I came on and asked was anybody else playing? Not that I was going to reveal anything. I thought there would be a few people on here that would also be online.

We will forgive you if you tell us about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ok, so I have pretty much ignored and avoided anything to do with GTA online while I have focused purely on the story, now as I come to the end of that (still a bit to go) I will want to get into the online world, or at least give it a try.

Is there anyone that can summarise for me, what its about, is it good, how do I go about it, am I better going at it alone or do I need a "crew"

Thanks to anyone who can help

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Ok, so I have pretty much ignored and avoided anything to do with GTA online while I have focused purely on the story, now as I come to the end of that (still a bit to go) I will want to get into the online world, or at least give it a try.

Is there anyone that can summarise for me, what its about, is it good, how do I go about it, am I better going at it alone or do I need a "crew"

Its not out until the 1st of October, here's a handy link with a bit of information about it.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

If ya have a look on YouTube at the official release video itl tell you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I've sent a request to Boards Crew 2, does it matter that I'm on Xbox 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 1st post of this thread has a load of info.

Just on the crew part, you don't need a crew I don't think, you can fill in spots with AI players or play with randomers, my advice, if you're on Xbox is to pick up a headset, and join one of the boards crews, good banter will be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just requested an invite to boards crew 2

googledeyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah and I guess you'd need some very sophisticated software to block out the watermark on any screenshots.

Something like Microsoft Paint maybe.

sean1141 wrote: »
    So you just broke the NDA by posting here!:rolleyes:

Also, this.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah and I guess you'd need some very sophisticated software to block out the watermark on any screenshots.

Something like Microsoft Paint maybe.

Also, this.

There is a big difference in asking is there anybody playing online and posting a screenshot even if my username was blacked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Call all you want! :)
    I won't be posting any screenshots as my XBOX live name is watermarked on the screen at all times. Only played it for about an hour and then tried story mode. Looks awesome.

As said, MS paint. Otherwise you're considered a liar. It's really easy to do.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    As said, MS paint. Otherwise you're considered a liar. It's really easy to do.

I tell you what, if you're so convinced I'm a liar I'll post up screenshots and details on the first few missions at 00:01 on 1st October if you agree to put "I'm doncarlos's bitch" in your signature for a year. Deal? :P

I'm not too concerned if a few random lads on an internet forum think I'm lying. I came on here to see if there was anybody else online not to give away spoilers or anything.

• Advertisement

I tell you what, if you're so convinced I'm a liar I'll post up screenshots and details on the first few missions at 00:01 on 1st October if you agree to put "I'm doncarlos's bitch" in your signature for a year. Deal? :P

I'm not too concerned if a few random lads on an internet forum think I'm lying. I came on here to see if there was anybody else online not to give away spoilers or anything.

HAHAHA Challenge Accepted???

I delieve Don anyway, R* need stress testers (although no tests will match the hordes of people descending upon the servers on Tuesday). Also, even a screen shot of online with a blurry image would get him locked up in a tiny cell forever. R* privacy contracts are fairly strict and would have no problem ruining your life if you broke the contract.

So no, he won't be posting anything but he is a giant **** tease :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

So what's the craic is it going live monday night/tuesday morning? as in @ 00:01? I wonder if you messed around with the time zone settings, could you get on a few hours earlier (IE when its the 1st of October in Australia) or is there a set time for everyone?

I'd say more than likely it will be Tuesday evening GMT to give the Americans time to wake up and monitor it. Gonna be very mental I'd say but I will be on Tuesday night and up very late.

Not sure if a new thread would be needed or if this would do but people can post if they are online or will be at a certain time for a very loosley organised game.

Can't find my bluetooth headset, think I will have to get a new one, maybe that wired one gamestop has for 15 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Will I lose out by not being a member of a crew?!

Holsten wrote: »
    Will I lose out by not being a member of a crew?!

Noope not much, you get extra xp playing with a crew but thats about it.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd say more than likely it will be Tuesday evening GMT to give the Americans time to wake up and monitor it. Gonna be very mental I'd say but I will be on Tuesday night and up very late.

Not sure if a new thread would be needed or if this would do but people can post if they are online or will be at a certain time for a very loosley organised game.

Can't find my bluetooth headset, think I will have to get a new one, maybe that wired one gamestop has for 15 euro.

Maybe get a live thread going on Tuesday for peeps to say when they'll be online, get groups of 16 boardsies going, clock up some crew points.

Are the games hosted on dedicated servers? or peer 2 peer? If its the latter hope people know how to sort out their NAT type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If I'm not in the boards crew 1, can i still join games with you lads?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    If I'm not in the boards crew 1, can i still join games with you lads?

yupp, just add us as friends on ps3 or xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just accepted into the Boards 2 crew.

How doe this work? What are we supposed to do?

Xbox name is Ruel_F0x

Yaya_Banana on Social Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

YayaBanana wrote: »
    How doe this work? What are we supposed to do?

Good Question - my first online gta experience! What do we do :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ardinn wrote: »

We squad up, similar to in-game heists.
    You plan your robbery, delegate getaway driver, bag-man etc.

You also kill other crews with extreme prejudice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Blow the living **** out of every opposing team member :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

HAHAHA Challenge Accepted???

I delieve Don anyway, R* need stress testers (although no tests will match the hordes of people descending upon the servers on Tuesday). Also, even a screen shot of online with a blurry image would get him locked up in a tiny cell forever. R* privacy contracts are fairly strict and would have no problem ruining your life if you broke the contract.

So no, he won't be posting anything but he is a giant **** tease :)

Quoted for history.

I think you should have it in the GTA V font for effect :pac:

I never played in a clan before so this teamwork will be new to me. There will be usual deathmatch, TDM, cops & robbers (which should be a great laugh) ad then there is Free Roam which gives you the map and 15 other players to mess around with. You could be robbing an offy with 3 friends and while escaping the cops, crash into other players who were having a race. Should be good ol fashioned mayhem.

I never played in a clan before so this teamwork will be new to me. There will be usual deathmatch, TDM, cops & robbers (which should be a great laugh) ad then there is Free Roam which gives you the map and 15 other players to mess around with. You could be robbing an offy with 3 friends and while escaping the cops, crash into other players who were having a race. Should be good ol fashioned mayhem.

That on a 64 man server would be absolute carnage.

You dont get to keep any money until you get it to the bank/atm. Even crews will turn on each other as your money drops when your killed.

I expect ATM lurkers :D

btw the idea of Dayz in this game with decent net play could be the greatest MP game ever.

never noticed much cheating in Max payne 3...didnt play a lot of it tho.

Apparently R* have a system in store for cheaters but all devs say that.

Passive mode means you can't be killed but can't kill anyone either, so straight into passive mode when I'm on the way to the ATM :D

Apparently R* have a system in store for cheaters but all devs say that.

Passive mode means you can't be killed but can't kill anyone either, so straight into passive mode when I'm on the way to the ATM :D

Passive mode is fairly gay so.

Earn your moniez bitchez :pac:

Ya defeats the purpose of trying to get your money to a safe place. Still don't know exactly how passive mode works, hopefully just for golf and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ya defeats the purpose of trying to get your money to a safe place. Still don't know exactly how passive mode works, hopefully just for golf and the like.

From the sound of it it's not limited to the hobbies/mini games and will disable as soon as you equip a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

I'd say you choose if you want to join a passive game or not when you start. It'll be pretty dumb to just click passive mode on every time you're attacked.

Kinda like MMO games with their pvp and non pvp servers.

I'd say you choose if you want to join a passive game or not when you start. It'll be pretty dumb to just click passive mode on every time you're attacked.

Kinda like MMO games with their pvp and non pvp servers.

I'd say it's not and you'd likely not be able to change to it after being fired on or having just fired.

• Advertisement

Ya and the worst thing is that if you shoot from within passive mode, you automatically come out of it. Gives you a complete sneak attack on anyone ignoring you because you are in passive mode. Need to see how r* approach this.

Ya and the worst thing is that if you shoot from within passive mode, you automatically come out of it. Gives you a complete sneak attack on anyone ignoring you because you are in passive mode. Need to see how r* approach this.

Could easily take a few seconds to come out of passive mode.

lkionm wrote: »
    Could easily take a few seconds to come out of passive mode.

I read from r* that shooting your gun takes you instantly out of pasive mode, very weird decision.

I read from r* that shooting your gun takes you instantly out of pasive mode, very weird decision.

I say it's equipping it or aiming it, if it was shooting you could run up to people with a shotgun and kill them in that one shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I would have thought they would have detailed a lot more of the online aspect by now before we all hop in. I'm sure there will be plenty of patches to change imbalances for the first while

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I would have thought they would have detailed a lot more of the online aspect by now before we all hop in. I'm sure there will be plenty of patches to change imbalances for the first while

Yeah, thought there would be more info released as well but I suppose there is like a story to go with it so I guess the game itself will show you how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I hope its up and working on Tuesday but I expect it not to be. :(

Yeah, thought there would be more info released as well but I suppose there is like a story to go with it so I guess the game itself will show you how it works.

I'm pretty sure the single player is one big preparation for the online play.

Nah, I mean the Online actually has it's own story where your character flies into LS and you meet characters like Lester and Lamar. The more you level up, the more the story unlocks.

Now, here is a vid of a guys reports of his testing of Online. Not sure how legit it is but we know there are beta testers. Anyway, you can put the Crew Emblem on cars! Queue the Boards-ie A-Team style heist van!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement