Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

One shot kills with pistols fro all the way across the map .... again ???? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

Update. .woo hoo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I love beta testing software that costs millions of dollars :pac:

Yup will probably give it a go this evening and if it is a mess will hold off until people report it has settled down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Whole system froze on character setup. 3 times now. Just f**king work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

PS3 update seems to be live now

Where are ye seeing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I got on once and it froze. Just gonna leave it for today anyway. Looks pretty cool though

Froze on policy acceptance screen..but im hearing audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Stuck on a loading screen waiting for my first race to boot up.
    I expected this though in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

got as far as getting into the car for i presume the first race then it just said loading session for 15 minutes, think I'll wait until later(weekend) to try it out.

Really like that you can put your crew emblem on your shirt, that's a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Christ lads what did you all expect? Did you expect it to work 100% flawless? Rockstar stated that it was going to be bothersome the first while after it comes out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24335528

Not to mention that it was scheduled to be rolled out by 12pm today so the fact that most of you are playing it earlier, expect it to be a nightmare. Thank god I'm not going on it until well after 5.30pm. At least it should be a little bit calmer. I'm so dedicated to my job/course :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Keep getting the message "Cannot connect to host", really annoying!! Can't wait to get into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Can't get in. Still have the beta update installed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gamercfc wrote: »
    Christ lads what did you all expect? Did you expect it to work 100% flawless? Rockstar stated that it was going to be bothersome the first while after it comes out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24335528

Not to mention that it was scheduled to be rolled out by 12pm today so the fact that most of you are playing it earlier, expect it to be a nightmare. Thank god I'm not going on it until well after 5.30pm. At least it should be a little bit calmer. I'm so dedicated to my job/course :rolleyes:

Would it not be worst then, considering people are coming home from work/college/school? Anyway, I think it'll take a few days for it to settle down and become stable, just like the social club issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Just waiting for my first race now nut judging from above posts i dont think il bother haha to be expected

At least im only half through story mode plenty to distract me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

"Rockstar cloud services are unavailable right now" is the message I'm getting on PS3.

Hopefully i can get in when i get home from college later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Played there for about an hour. It's like the story free roam. You basically get a short intro from a story character. Won't say who. You can go rob shops and upgrade and unsure your car.
    There were only four other players whilst I was there. All doing random things like headless chickens. Gonna go back on later..... Definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Update downloaded and joining online game as I type.

Yeah, iv created a character, but failed to connect to online afew times now..
    maybe the servers will have calmed down in a week or 2 =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I won't get on till about 7pm this evening but hoping ill at least be able to get the intro done by then. I have a feeling it could be just as bad then though, as the traffic on the servers is likely to increase 2 fold once people get home from work, college etc. Hopefully Rockstar are working flat out to get it up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

"Rockstar cloud services are unavailable right now" is the message I'm getting on PS3.

Hopefully i can get in when i get home from college later

Me too:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

just started there now. had to play the solo as i couldn't get a game in online parties

and now cloud servers are unavailable :(

Yeah, iv created a character, but failed to connect to online afew times now..
    maybe the servers will have calmed down in a week or 2 =p

Same here. Crew options seem to be working fine. If anyone wants to add me its AudioslaveCasey (psn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Started a solo session, no messing with online and I get a look around till things start working properly.

You're mouth moves when the mic pics up sound, so if you're talking then so the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Phew 2 hours on Online play done, it's fun!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Varik wrote: »
    You're mouth moves when the mic pics up sound, so if you're talking then so the character.

I'd imagine the hilarity of that when seeing someone's character practically yawning constantly because the player won't stop breathing down the mic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CVG doing a live stream. Just watched them try to rob their first shop, was hillarious. The clerk was really slowing putting the money in the bag, will definitely help shouting into the mic. A guy joined them and looked like he was going to shoot them. He decided not to and just flip em the bird instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSP1wDiqb5s#t=2434

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Update keeps getting stuck @75% for me and then fails. I'll leave it til another time

World record and rank 3

sheehy83 wrote: »
    CVG doing a live stream. Just watched them try to rob their first shop, was hillarious. The clerk was really slowing putting the money in the bag, will definitely help shouting into the mic. A guy joined them and looked like he was going to shoot them. He decided not to and just flip em the bird instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSP1wDiqb5s#t=2434

Yeah me and a random dude robbed a shop, as he was leaving the shopkeeper pulled out a shotgun, I shot him in the face, the other guy managed to get a good car and dodge 3 star cops very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Gash i just got into a game and then crashie poohs :( they should of staggered the release

• Advertisement

No planes at the airport that you can rob :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

chose solo session, went and started first race, but it would not save data afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

IvySlayer wrote: »
    No planes at the airport that you can rob :(

I'm pretty sure I got attacked by a jet in the beta. Was thinking the white dot was moving very fast I was on foot and ran in to tunnel and then loads of explosions behind me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

johndoe99 wrote: »
    chose solo session, went and started first race, but it would not save data afterwards.

Didn't realise there was a solo online mode too! Does that mean you can solo missions and make cash outside of playing lobbies?

Lost all my races so far :(

Has anyone set up a PS3 crew yet that I could join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

It says Rockstar's cloud servers are down ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Getting a "Failed to host a GTA Online session. Please return to GTAV and try again later."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone from boards 2 on on Xbox?

Yeah, I'm on boards 2 crew, playing on xbox.

I only just had a quick run about. Did the first mission [after initia race] , some random player joined me on that - then when that was done I was spawned into the general world and some guy just started punching me, lol. I died a little too quick there! What's with that?? I get random spawned and there's some gimp waiting to pounce :/ I guess you will get those who just want to run around punching people. You can chase them down for revenge.

Tried some death match, you jump in, auto-teams of 4 v 4 in the one I tried, and various modes and maps. With players voting on the next map after each round is up. You can bet on the outcome

Stole a car, had it sprayed and already totaled and replaced it :D

Connection dropped a few times and it kept telling me my progress wasn't saving ... at one point it did manage to save so hopefully I continue where I left off.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Lost all my races so far :(

Lost 2. I was winning by a mile in the first and suddenly other player came out of nowhere, like they had some kind of boost!

The other was in a death match race, I was on a quad, everyone else seemed to be on bikes. From the off, 3 other players slammed into me and I died, respawned, crashed straight into oncoming traffic, respawn ... the rest were halfway through the course at this point ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

So I started the solo online and it says go to race trigger but I am here in a car and nothing happens. Also the start button does nothing so cant pause or look at map. Is this the way it is supposed to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

cant get into first race keeps saying failed to job or activity return to gta online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

audioslave wrote: »
    Has anyone set up a PS3 crew yet that I could join?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/jim_the_generals xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Stuck on the race won't even start anyone getting further? There also seems to be no obvious way of returning to single player.

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    So I started the solo online and it says go to race trigger but I am here in a car and nothing happens. Also the start button does nothing so cant pause or look at map. Is this the way it is supposed to be.

I got a message saying I had to enter the point on foot for one job, could be that?

Which race are you talking about? The very first one? with Lamaar? I managed to finish that with no issues, bar my crap driving.

Im going to give it a rest, keep getting to the point where the character automatically walks to the car (first race) then it says unable to join activity/job.
    I hope it doesn't take them too long before they iron out the creases.

Yeah very first race it says go to race trigger.
    I go to exact spot with car nothing happens.
    get out of car nothing happens.

Stuck on the race won't even start anyone getting further? There also seems to be no obvious way of returning to single player.

To get back to single player hold the down button and select one of the other characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Yeah very first race it says go to race trigger.
    I go to exact spot with car nothing happens.
    get out of car nothing happens.

Exactly same, is it just a case of luck that the race starts for some? Or is something being overlooked?
    Also how to exit online without having to quit to dashboard?

• Advertisement

It cost to go into passive mode, $100 but that may be dependent on how much cash you already have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement