Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i take it no one is able to get online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

THe only way it seems the online works is selecting start and selecting online and then select solo session.

Everything else causes it to crash or freeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    THe only way it seems the online works is selecting start and selecting online and then select solo session.

Other than shoot outs with the cops and sticking up shops is there anything else to do in solo, I can't even use the shooting range to work on my stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They really should have it up and running. Poor showing from Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Kind of happy it's not working. I have two areas left to clear in dark souls and wanted finished before I got into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Xbox live from Ireland is working fine for me, I'm online with a few players from the uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

There's a lot less traffic and pedestrians I've noticed. Cars are usually all the same type too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

The American government goes on strike the same day gta v goes on line? Coincidence? I think not. .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I should have stayed on when I was in earlier. Switched it off to get a few things done. Cannot get back in since. Seems if you do get in, and it all works ok, you're good, so long as you stay in there. .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I should have stayed on when I was in earlier. Switched it off to get a few things done. Cannot get back in since. Seems if you do get in, and it all works ok, you're good, so long as you stay in there. .
    Did the exact same thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Has anyone had their autosave/single player messed up from this?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Feck it, going out to get some breakfast and download the BF4 beta in the meantime. Hopefully GTAO will be up and running fine sometime today.
    Epic fail by Rockstar either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Feck it, going out to get some breakfast and download the BF4 beta in the meantime. Hopefully GTAO will be up and running fine sometime today.

1.6GB for the beta and for me at least PSN speeds are fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Yep, seems the online is fücked for the time being. I've created three different characters and seen the intro three times too and Im still no closer to playing online.. Rockstar are gonna catch some shìt for this.. Then again it's early days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd normally never hear a bad word said against Rockstar but they have really dropped the ball on this. 2 whole weeks to get it prepared for numbers they knew would try the online today and it seems to have collapsed like a house of cards. I'm hoping to try it this evening but I have a feeling this will end up like the ifruit app problems and take days to sort out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Those countdown timers will be the death of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its hardly a fail. Its out 3 hours and theres probably 10 million or so people trying to access it. It was inevitable and happens to every game on launch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

floydmoon1 wrote: »

Yep, I'm in the solo session too. It says go to the race trigger in the car park but there is no race trigger.

Just going to arse about and rob a few places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I dunno why people are so very defensive of the servers. If any other online game crashed this badly on day 1 people would rip into it from all sides.

Dude it happens with COD on release every time, happened with BF3 first time aswell, also happens with fifa and almost every single online game that a lot of people play.

People need to calm down expecting it to work immediately the first day, there's so many people trying to play it at the same time, and they have already advised people that the demand for the game outweighed the amount of servers they had bought as they didn't expect it to be so sought after.

In fact they have been better than most companies as they advised with a weeks notice that there would be issues on the start up of the Online function.

Have to agree with Jesus on this, there's a shít ton of people trying to play it at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm finally in

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

It should have went live at midnight our time and then midnight in the U.S. Having it all connect at once around the world was stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see in Los Santos customs, you can buy an ignition bomb that means if someone robs your car it will blow up when they go to start it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I've got in but it's stuck on the launching session screen of the first race...

It should have went live at midnight our time and then midnight in the U.S. Having it all connect at once around the world was stupid

Unfortunatley its microsoft and sonys choice when they release the updates. BF4 and GTA both went live at the same time today

Thinking we'd get it in Ireland before it's released in America would have been stupid tbh.

edit - Ireland's total connections to the game are probably a drop in the ocean anyway compared to the amount of americans on playing it now, I highly doubt staggering our access time really would have made a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Dude it happens with COD on release every time, happened with BF3 first time aswell, also happens with fifa and almost every single online game that a lot of people play.

People need to calm down expecting it to work immediately the first day, there's so many people trying to play it at the same time, and they have already advised people that the demand for the game outweighed the amount of servers they had bought as they didn't expect it to be so sought after.

In fact they have been better than most companies as they advised with a weeks notice that there would be issues on the start up of the Online function.

It simply dosent happen with cod and bf on this scale. Are you having a laugh?

Imagine if they decided to hold off online for a few days so people could play single player and then when they launch it it turns out to not work for the vast majority of people.

Im normally very patient with this stuff and dont mind it on the first day such as cod and the likes but this is a little bit of a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I had to load a previous save I had made last night to be able to change character again

I don't have another saved game. This is painful. No single player. No multiplayer.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep, I'm in the solo session too. It says go to the race trigger in the car park but there is no race trigger.

Just going to arse about and rob a few places.

Great, looks like I can't do that either. The map is completely empty.

lkionm wrote: »

Imagine if they decided to hold off online for a few days so people could play single player and then when they launch it it turns out to not work for the vast majority of people.

Im normally very patient with this stuff and dont mind it on the first day such as cod and the likes but this is a little bit of a joke?

It does happen to BF and COD on this scale. Every year on day 1 without fail theres connection problems.
    You say your being patient but its been less than 4 hours. Go enjoy some single player and the online will be grand in a few days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Its hardly a fail. Its out 3 hours and theres probably 10 million or so people trying to access it. It was inevitable and happens to every game on launch

Have to agree with Jesus on this, there's a shít ton of people trying to play it at the same time!

This doesnt happen to CoD or Bf on release day. There's sporadic outages and disconnections with every online game day one but not to the level GTAO is experiencing. This has been a fail because it was hyped up then didn't even nearly work for a ridic large % of players and it even negatively impacts players single player file too.

Saying "theres a shít tonne of people playing it" is a cop out. Its a game that was anticipated to sell millions. What else did they expect.

You're having a giraffe mate, the launch day of BO II was a joke, couldn't find a game for ages and when you eventually found a game, it dropped after a minute or two, people just need to be patient and chillax, waiting one or two days won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

edit.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-ii-servers-crushed-by-own-fanbase - Happened to both BO2 and there was big problems with BO1 for the first month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Whats the story with crates? Got to one, after a bit of a shootout, and I couldn't open it or anything. It just sat there, beeping, mocking me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

All popular games suffer from online-play issues at release. Uncharted 2 and 3 were the biggest ones IMO. Even the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo wouldnt work when it came out.

I'm still enjoying the story mode and when that's finished online time. You guys shouldnt have rushed to complete the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

It does happen to BF and COD on this scale. Every year on day 1 without fail theres connection problems.
    You say your being patient but its been less than 4 hours. Go enjoy some single player and the online will be grand in a few days

I agree. Some of them on here are like babies throwing tantrums

You're having a giraffe mate, the launch day of BO II was a joke, couldn't find a game for ages and when you eventually found a game, it dropped after a minute or two, people just need to be patient and chillax, waiting one or two days won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

edit.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-ii-servers-crushed-by-own-fanbase - Happened to both BO2 and there was big problems with BO1 for the first month.

At least you could get online. I could wait a few days 2 weeks ago no problem but to have it work so badly for so many people 2 weeks after release for a game that they have had in production for how many years? They didnt start the online 2 weeks ago. Should have been finished with the game.
    They have seen how cod and bf release games, they know what to expect. They would be fools to think it would be grand on release day.

I actualy think they should have had it online from day 1 and lfix the teething problems as they go along as the players would have the sp to play and not overload the servers. i would have probably played more of the sp than online 2 weeks ago.

Christ, Im turning into a keyboard warrior nerd.

Sad day for humanity.

At least you could get online. I could wait a few days 2 weeks ago no problem but to have it work so badly for so many people 2 weeks after release for a game that they have had in production for how many years? They didnt start the online 2 weeks ago. Should have been finished with the game.
    They have seen how cod and bf release games, they know what to expect. They would be fools to think it would be grand on release day.

I actualy think they should have had it online from day 1 and lfix the teething problems as they go along as the players would have the sp to play and not overload the servers. i would have probably played more of the sp than online 2 weeks ago.

But the SP is pretty much a prelude to the Online I would imagine.

They announced ages ago that there would be connection problems for the first while, everyone has noticed that the social club has been down and the iFruit app has been down and snapmatic has been down, with all these concerns, anyone actually expecting it to work first thing morning is being very very very silly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Im stuck in a white screen after the race but the sound is still working.

• Advertisement

Christ, Im turning into a keyboard warrior nerd.

Sad day for humanity.

Oh if I was at home I'd probably be feeling the same as you :pac:

I'm probably feeling a bit more patient because I don't have access to it at the moment!

Hardly a fail? Ah here now!

They've had over 5 years to be somewhat prepared. Their execution of this has been very poor, no doubt about that.

Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops 1, FIFA 12, FIFA 13 and Battlefield 3 were fine to play release day for me and many others I played with. Sure there was the odd time not getting into a game due to something server releated, but you'd expect that. MW3 was dodgy as hell however. GTAO has been broken from the very get go going by all the comments here, social media, GTAforum.com, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Got to my character, but can't seem to actually race. Lamar just keeps telling me I'm supposed to be going "that" way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tried it for an hour at about 12.30pm but couldn't get into any kind of game. It kept freezing at what was supposed to be the first race. Not really fussed as I'm still only 53% through the main game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone who's been involved in the launch of an online game knows what to expect. Especially when it's this big. There was no way it was going to work properly, and will probably be a few days before all these issues are fixed.

No point getting mad about it...i always used to, and it's not worth it. Just go play something else.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Got to my character, but can't seem to actually race. Lamar just keeps telling me I'm supposed to be going "that" way.

That's what I'm getting too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Tried it for an hour at about 12.30pm but couldn't get into any kind of game. It kept freezing at what was supposed to be the first race. Not really fussed as I'm still only 53% through the main game.

Same here. I've tried several times to play online but I keep getting an error message and then get sent back to story mode. Then I got a message saying my character 1 save file was corrupted and I had to make a new save. Still couldn't go online though. Servers must be under a lot of stress today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ah, the unskippable intro for the THIRD ****ING TIME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm in I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Put another hour or so in this afternoon , no major issues at all.

Only thing was like others I was put into free roam by myself but I could match make etc from the menus fine. (xbox)

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone who's been involved in the launch of an online game knows what to expect. Especially when it's this big. There was no way it was going to work properly, and will probably be a few days before all these issues are fixed.

No point getting mad about it...i always used to, and it's not worth it. Just go play something else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad. I don't think most people are here. More frustrated if anything. I fully get that it wasn't going to be completely smooth sailing. I half expected some aspects to be messed up for a couple of days, but this is something else.

Anyway, the Battlefield 4 beta is out, thankfully. Funny because I was thinking for the past few weeks how stupid it was for both to be released at the same time! :pac: I'll get stuck into that in a little bit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement