Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I just gave it a go there and im in a game. Working grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miralize wrote: »
    I'm in I think

If you're not sure, you're not in! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got online but think I'm in a death match scenario. I think. Not sure what's going on

EDIT: I changed lobby and now I'm in.

EDIT 2: and I got kicked. Going to wait until later this evening I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Oh I'm getting online tips now in the loading screen. You'll get the tip of me cock Rockstar if this doesn't work quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Anyone have any idea if the patch you download to enable online also has a fix for the disappearing cars problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dont think so, and tbh I think disappearing cars is the least of their worries at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

has anybody from ps3 actually managed to get past first race at all yet. race wasn't starting for me at all and now the car to start race isn't there now

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Has anyone actually played it properly on PS3? Seems to be having more problems than Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Ok, so I get the screen telling me there's an update, the game is loading in the background and it says it'll quit the software and install the update. I hit ok. Screen goes black and I can't do anything except hold down the power button to shut down the console.. Major worry.. Any ideas?

My own story.

I tried it around 11 today and had bits to do so was patient, it was loading for ages at each point(the race took maybe 6-7mins to load)
    After that I was told to go to some fella but I had to college.

Came back there and my character's gone and I can't get past the initial load screen from the aerial view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Ok, so I get the screen telling me there's an update, the game is loading in the background and it says it'll quit the software and install the update. I hit ok. Screen goes black and I can't do anything except hold down the power button to shut down the console.. Major worry.. Any ideas?

Exact same problem 1st time trying to download it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Did the exact same thing :(

I'll second that. Raging I went offline now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Another player in our house just attempted online and rather then the airport sequence and initial race they somehow just ended up straight in free roam. Looks good they are doing a few on the small missions can't find where to drop of cash. Presume it's at ATMs

Exact same problem 1st time trying to download it too

I'm after sorting it. I let it load so that the music from the "Loading story" screens was playing, I just let it go on a bit longer. Third time lucky, it's installing now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, R* have responded with known issues so far and they are working on them.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

Question: I'm having problems getting into GTA Online! Is there a list of issues Rockstar is looking into, so I can stay informed about the status of fixes for known launch issues?
    Answer: We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
    • Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
    • Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
    • Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
    • Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
    • Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
    • Occasional "Failed to start job" errors
    • General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
    We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

This should have been phased in, they sold 1 billion worth of copies of the game.Surely if they can create something as good as GTA they must have known there was going to be issues.

GTA online for me was my favorite in IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

...Screen goes black and I can't do anything except hold down the power button to shut down the console.. Major worry.. Any ideas?

Yeah, this happened to me. Assuming your on PS3 and have PS+ (doesn't everybody at this stage) in the settings set your auto-update time for now. Switch off the console, let the game auto-update. Works fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got online but think I'm in a death match scenario. I think. Not sure what's going on

EDIT: I changed lobby and now I'm in.

EDIT 2: and I got kicked. Going to wait until later this evening I think

It'll probably be worse then, all the Americans will be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game deleted my online character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Am I the only one have a sp issue? Can't change characters and missions don't start automatically. Whole experience is ruined as I'll have to start over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea my screen went black first time i tried it, all you have to do is hold down the ps button on the pad and quit game. I haven't managed to log in i was able to make a character and i was rather disappointed with the character creation :( I just ended up bashing random till i saw one that didn't look retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

so i went into solo play got to a race and couldnt start the race has anybody else experienced this

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

winston82 wrote: »
    Am I the only one have a sp issue? Can't change characters and missions don't start automatically. Whole experience is ruined as I'll have to start over.

Ive heard that reloading your save fixes that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

I'm after sorting it. I let it load so that the music from the "Loading story" screens was playing, I just let it go on a bit longer. Third time lucky, it's installing now :D

This happens with a lot of updates on ps3. Best thing to do is to just let the console load for a bit (wait until the orange light stops blinking) before you start downloading the update.

As for gta online, looks like we'll have to wait until R* sorts it out. The social club site isn't even loading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

so i went into solo play got to a race and couldnt start the race has anybody else experienced this

Does solo play save your character?

I've spent about an hour in the character creator 3 separate times, every time I try to load it gets timed out and Im returned to single player :(

• Advertisement

Jamez735 wrote: »

I've spent about an hour in the character creator 3 separate times, every time I try to load it gets timed out and Im returned to single player :(

It either doesn't or my R* deleted mine which I did get to play online with.

Me. Seems to be a common thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Jamez735 wrote: »

yeah its saying that the rockstar social cloud is down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I managed to create 2 characters, a male + female. It crashed right after I created the female, so I don't know if it's saved. I imagine the idea is you can switch between your own made characters just like you do in the main game? You have to go through the whole intro again btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

I keep reading the same comments. " anyone involved with a launch knows what to expect" etc
    The difference with this launch was that Rockstar had 2 weeks to assess the no.of servers required to aaccommodate the no. of copies sold......more if you consider a large percentage had been pre ordered.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Rockstar but this has been a boo boo and im sure they'll be just as disappointed, if not more.
    Consumers pay hard earned money for top title games..a top service should be a guarante.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

audioslave wrote: »
    I keep reading the same comments. " anyone involved with a launch knows what to expect" etc
    The difference with this launch was that Rockstar had 2 weeks to assess the no.of servers required to aaccommodate the no. of copies sold......more if you consider a large percentage had been pre ordered.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Rockstar but this has been a boo boo and im sure they'll be just as disappointed, if not more.
    Consumers pay hard earned money for top title games..a top service should be a guarante.
    Rockstar only make the game Xbox are not giving them enough servers

How hard would it have been to just have a normal start screen, instead I have to try to get online then fail and be thrown back into single player where michael has some random scene and then I get to try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've given up :/ going to wait a few days before i get into i reckon when all this rubbish is sorted out

OriginV wrote: »

Yeah,... that's how it works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Varik wrote: »
    How hard would it have been to just have a normal start screen, instead I have to try to get online then fail and be thrown back into single player where michael has some random scene and then I get to try again.

yea a pop up choice when you start the game or some thing would be less annoying.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yea a pop up choice when you start the game or some thing would be less annoying.

There is one when the game is first loading but when it fails or you get disconnected it throws up back into single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Haven't tried it yet but it might be down to people all around the world trying to log onto the servers as probably allowed for a certain amount logged on at one time within regions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Has anyone actually got in?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Is there any point even attempting to try to get online yet?

I don't want to corrupt my single player game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

No. It's telling me the cloud server is down so can't save it regardless. I just get a black screen and get times out.

Not that it would let you on you on anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Im stuck in the car park where the racing mission is at the start. It just says "launching session" and I cant move at all. Oh well.

Could the online actually bug the SP? Haven't heard anything about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

OriginV wrote: »

If that is indeed the case, and ive no reason to dispute otherwise. Why is Rockstar accepting responsibility and also issued apologies?

In an update to the Rockstar Games support site, the developer listed off a number of known issues for Grand Theft Auto Online and said it is working to resolve all problems.Some of the issues Rockstar mentioned include players encountering a "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message and occasional freezing while loading the first race.Rockstar also said it is working to fix "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages and occasional "Failed to star job" errors, among other bugs."We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this," Rockstar said in a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Lamar gave me an untraceable gun as I was trying to get online. Does that mean I'm gangsta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Ive heard that reloading your save fixes that.

I can assure you that it does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Could the online actually bug the SP? Haven't heard anything about that.

I saw a couple of posters mention it earlier in the thread.

I'm definitely gonna wait it out me thinks. All that matters to me is that the update actually installed, was worried earlier. But yeah, the day that's in it and all that, I think waiting might be the best option. What's this about it corrupting SP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

My cut scenes when switching between characters is all messed up now. It doesn't actually show the characters until there playable. I swith to trever, a bottle just suddenly smashes on the ground then the screen wobbles like it does when it follows him walking.

Also the one where Franklin gets off the bed he's just standing on the bed but the camera still moves as if it's following him getting up

Only been happening since I downloaded the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I've been trying to get on for the last hour, painful is the only word I can think of. I got into the first mission and it said waiting for other players which never happened then it kicked me into free roam where I could do NOTHING as I had to complete the first mission. So I had to find my way back to the first mission (no map of any description) and when I got there the mission wouldn't load.......feck sake. You know what will load.......fifa, I'll leave this till the weekend me thinks, ample time for them to get this sorted I should hope

• Advertisement

audioslave wrote: »
    If that is indeed the case, and ive no reason to dispute otherwise. Why is Rockstar accepting responsibility and also issued apologies?

Nope, it's not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement