Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A pic of the fireworks I found

0_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Do many of ye glitch to have afforded all the vehicles and houses ye have?

I'm level 59 legit with $750,000, but I don't own anything of significance other than the Eclipse apartment and I have no idea how it would be possible to play the game fair but still be able to buy a couple of the big purchases, not even the endless DLC stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

marcbrophy wrote: »
    How fast would you get through 1.25 mil?
    In the top 100 addons section on the ps store (us), the GTA white shark card is number 20 on the list.
    This costs $19.99
    People are obviously buying these things, it's shocking! :eek:

5 minutes. That's one super car with some mods on it.

I've never done any in-app purchases (and I've worked on games with IAP), and never plan to. I was a big fan of Rockstar, but they have gone down big time in my estimation. When you pay €60 for a game, it is ridiculous to charge for in-game currency and to have the game tuned to encourage such actions (and trust me, any game with IAP in it is tuned to encourage you to spend money).

Just look at all the new cars added since the game was released, and yet not a single car was ever added to GTA IV. Why is that I wonder??

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Do many of ye glitch to have afforded all the vehicles and houses ye have?

I'm level 59 legit with $750,000, but I don't own anything of significance other than the Eclipse apartment and I have no idea how it would be possible to play the game fair but still be able to buy a couple of the big purchases, not even the endless DLC stuff.

I did early on, when the glitches were easy and significant money could be made (never did the dns glitch mind you). It's become more difficult now and they are quickly patching them.

It's my way of sticking the finger up at Rockstar for introducing IAP and tuning the game to make me spend money. They want to do that? Fine, make it free-to-play then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Benzino wrote: »
    5 minutes. That's one super car with some mods on it.

I've never done any in-app purchases (and I've worked on games with IAP), and never plan to. I was a big fan of Rockstar, but they have gone down big time in my estimation. When you pay €60 for a game, it is ridiculous to charge for in-game currency and to have the game tuned to encourage such actions (and trust me, any game with IAP in it is tuned to encourage you to spend money).

Just look at all the new cars added since the game was released, and yet not a single car was ever added to GTA IV. Why is that I wonder??

Because with IV they didn't have a model which would they would continuely develop the online side of it. They brought in 2 pieces of DLC and said that was that. :)

GTA O is basically a fremium game that was given to us all on top of our purchase of GTA V. And like in most fremium games, as soon as an update drops, some people will pay to get the content quicker and others will grind out tasks (missions and races) to get enough money for the content. :)

Still great craic though :pac:

Because with IV they didn't have a model which would they would continuely develop the online side of it. They brought in 2 pieces of DLC and said that was that. :)

GTA O is basically a fremium game that was given to us all on top of our purchase of GTA V. And like in most fremium games, as soon as an update drops, some people will pay to get the content quicker and others will grind out tasks (missions and races) to get enough money for the content. :)

No, we purchased it.

I'd disagree, they could have easily added more vehicles and weapons to keep people coming back in both SP and MP, be it via patches or as part of the DLC packs.

GTA:Online was not given to us for free, it was part of the game they were selling to us for €65. You cannot play it without spending money, so it is not a freemium game

No, we purchased it.
    Benzino wrote: »
    I'd disagree, they could have easily added more vehicles and weapons to keep people coming back in both SP and MP, be it via patches or as part of the DLC packs.

GTA:Online was not given to us for free, it was part of the game they were selling to us for €65. You cannot play it without spending money, so it is not a freemium game

No problem, I can see you guys POV, but they I've always looked at it is we bought the single player GTA V game on Sept 17th for €65. Then on Oct 1st, they gave us a free add-on for the separate entity that was GTA Online.

Prob just talking out me hole :pac:

No problem, I can see you guys POV, but they I've always looked at it is we bought the single player GTA V game on Sept 17th for €65. Then on Oct 1st, they gave us a free add-on for the separate entity that was GTA Online.

No it's a fair enough way at looking at it, but I honestly think they delayed the release of GTA:Online as it simply wasn't ready, and judging how it launched, I think that may have been the case :pac:

It was known about long before the release of GTA V and so was used as a selling point for the game, hence we have purchased it.

It can't be construed as ''We bought GTA V single player and then out of the blue a few months down the line Rockstar announced GTA Online and said it would be free to access for anyone who has purchased GTA V.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It was known about long before the release of GTA V and so was used as a selling point for the game, hence we have purchased it.

It can't be construed as ''We bought GTA V single player and then out of the blue a few months down the line Rockstar announced GTA Online and said it would be free to access for anyone who has purchased GTA V.''
    Exactly as you already paid for the game
    And you needed it for online anyway

GTA Online was announced on August 15th 2013. Barely more than 1 month before GTA V's Sept 17th release date.

In the announcement video on youtube, the last line of the description stated:
    "Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&feature=share&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2&index=6

This is why I thought they were separate entities! :)

Look, we won't fall out over it okay! :D

Downloaded 1.15 but no goodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

50k for a rocket launcher, 740k for a monster truck?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Downloaded 1.15 but no goodies

New properties yes but nothing else from what I could see

New properties yes but nothing else from what I could see

Go to the website where you get the tank (can't recall it's name), you should see the Monster truck there. There is a bike as well, but can't remember which site sells it.

GTA Online was announced on August 15th 2013. Barely more than 1 month before GTA V's Sept 17th release date.

In the announcement video on youtube, the last line of the description stated:
    "Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&feature=share&list=PLDDECDF9A83BDDAE2&index=6

This is why I thought they were separate entities! :)

Look, we won't fall out over it okay! :D

It was "leaked" well before that and created the desired buzz ;)

Love the liberator and the new bike

It was "leaked" well before that and created the desired buzz ;)

That's true! We all knew it was coming, or at least prayed it was :D

• Advertisement

The liberator is so good at off roading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Love the liberator and the new bike

Whats the bike like?

Got rid of the apartment on the hill and now I have a nice little house in Paleto Bay (4584 Procopio Drive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Got rid of the apartment on the hill and now I have a nice little house in Paleto Bay (4584 Procopio Drive)

Pics or GTFO!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can't afford that big ass jeep but I'm having great craic chasing others and trying to blow them up with my Panto

The jeep is one of the most fun things in the game now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

are any of the clothes and Masks available in single player i had a look and couldn't find them, could only find the rocket launcher and the two vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Lads... Cannot find vehicles. Couldn't get them offline, and couldn't get them online either. Checked all transport websites :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Only started playing today. I can't get to play deathmatch etc. I seem to be waiting a long time for people to join.

Can they be played without a crew, as I am not in a crew

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

PS3 has frozen once already since the new update, awesome! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

cena wrote: »
    Only started playing today. I can't get to play deathmatch etc. I seem to be waiting a long time for people to join.

Try joining a deathmatch instead of hosting it....(from the pause menu).

• Advertisement

You can join our one if you want? Majority is ps3

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Noting changed in that still getting empty lobbies, games still 'timing out' when joining lobbies and then it crashes/kicked when I get into a lobby.

That's me finished with the game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Might need to rename Bryan to something more appropriate, like the little mermaid.. :P

Had good craic out on the pier waring with muskets and fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Bought a house out in Paleto Bay

Interior is basically the same as a cheap apartment, random NPCs who smoke in my garden get a smack to the face with a golf club, also NPCs sometimes park cars in the driveway blocking the garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

You don't need to be in a crew to play online.

Have you completely finished the tutorial? It doesn't let you play online fully until you have.

From https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...8092329AAdFOEz

There are four missions you have to do before finishing the GTA:O tutorial:

1) Compete in a street race.
    2) Break up a drug deal and steal the product (gain Gerald as a contact).
    3) Rob a convenience store.
    4) Compete in a Last Team Standing deathmatch.

In between the drug deal and the robbery, you will have to go by clothes for your character.

I went on last night to find I only had 10k, couldn't afford anything except a go on the Big Wheel I was like

74020cf8d5245fe0b79a15952bbe0e526acf166885d4aa41a88afb09cedb9f3e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

There's no need to be in a crew to do anything really, although it can be more fun.
    keano25 wrote: »
    Noting changed in that still getting empty lobbies, games still 'timing out' when joining lobbies and then it crashes/kicked when I get into a lobby.

That's me finished with the game anyway.

That might be a problem on your end - perhaps your internet connection isn't strong enough. I've the exact same problem myself and I think that's what's wrong. Hoping to upgrade soon or get a better deal or something.

It's very annoying all the same. Can't seem to stay in a lobby with boards members at all... whenever I get into one in the first place!

Maybe try an internet speed test or try to improve your internet before packing in the game altogether.

Big Independence Day GTA live stream happening tomorro 7pm to 9pm GMT. CVG boys GTA V' o'clock with Rockstar employees are taking on Lazlow and some American crew. CVG will be showing the livestream as well as on the rockstar website. Worth it just to see Lazlow play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Well lads, me with my begging bowl out again. I spent all day yesterday, and I mean all day, lookin for a futo. Went to all the usual spawning spots, session hopped for ages all the while being in a low end sports car to no avail. Do ye reckon it'd be worth a shot being in a session with one of ye, following ye, while ye were driving a futo until one appeared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

jackrussel wrote: »
    Well lads, me with my begging bowl out again. I spent all day yesterday, and I mean all day, lookin for a futo. Went to all the usual spawning spots, session hopped for ages all the while being in a low end sports car to no avail. Do ye reckon it'd be worth a shot being in a session with one of ye, following ye, while ye were driving a futo until one appeared?
    What platform are you on?
    I'm on 360. I see them often enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

kiddums wrote: »
    What platform are you on?
    I'm on 360. I see them often enough.

I'm PS. I had one Tuesday night but was blown up while I was goin into my garage. I re spawned, found one straight away but couldn't go into the garage with it coz of the burnt out other one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

jackrussel wrote: »
    I'm PS. I had one Tuesday night but was blown up while I was goin into my garage. I re spawned, found one straight away but couldn't go into the garage with it coz of the burnt out other one :(
    Sorry man.
    Try having an invite only session. Only who you know wont mess with your car then.

Just did a race called 4x4 deep water crossing.

Did exactly what it said on the tin, some laugh. ye need the 6x6 or a sandking.

Couldnt find it by that name

Has this been any good? blank screen with the boys chatting at the moment.

Anyone know what this is? On the home page of the PSN store

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/grand-theft-auto-v-cash-card-promo/cid=EP1004-BLES01807_00-HDDBULLCARDBUNDL

GTA V cash crd promo for 44quid and is 17gb. Is this the full game digital version? whats the cash card about.

Having awful problems trying to get online.

• Advertisement

Thats me done for the night.

Too frustrating getting kicked out of the session.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement