Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

jackrussel wrote: »

i do but it seems to unfreeze pretty quickly when i leave go of the accelerator. it generally only happens when im goin flat out in free roam

Thanks, it does my head in when im driving full speed ahead trying to sticky bomb the car behind who is also trying to sticky bomb me...

He has that few second advantage...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

i was in headwreck mode tonight with my ka-ka ing and talking madness.

I've taken my meds and am all better now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Does anyone else here get freezing while driving in game and textures missing? I only noticed it since the high life update a few months back but its really annoying me...

Anyone else still waiting for the remote to be launched at the TV??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    i was in headwreck mode tonight with my ka-ka ing and talking madness.

I've taken my meds and am all better now :p

Ah that was you? I actually enjoyed the ka-ka-ing kept picturing Gob doing the chicken dance :D other than that you were your usual homicidal self.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

falan wrote: »
    Does anyone else here get freezing while driving in game and textures missing? I only noticed it since the high life update a few months back but its really annoying me...

This is happening to me all the time since the last update , usually when going flat out over a bridge, pain in the nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Them there Liberators are tough.....

Just became the main landing gear for a 747 and came out with a few light scratches :-D

Lads can't post links but did anyone see the vid on youtube gtav the lion king? Rocks at had it on the twitter. Very good

Lads can't post links but did anyone see the vid on youtube gtav the lion king? Rocks at had it on the twitter. Very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

falan wrote: »

i do but it seems to unfreeze pretty quickly when i leave go of the accelerator. it generally only happens when im goin flat out in free roam

It's happening all the time for me. Normally when I'm flat out, but even at other random moments like entering a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

what cars have you guys brought over from SP to MP, if any? the entity and voltic didnt move for me. franklins buffalo S did tho so thats all i have done yet. just looking for an idea of what else is worth bringing over. did ye do the hooker thing aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

this freezing craic is a pain in the hole now

Fix: steps

1. unplug router wait 5 seconds and plug back in .

2. reset PlayStation and put controller beside PlayStation.

3. find a big warm blanket to wrap around PlayStation and controller.

and that's it , your system will be warm and toasty and won't freeze anymore

(lemsip optional)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Fix: steps

1. unplug router wait 5 seconds and plug back in .

2. reset PlayStation and put controller beside PlayStation.

3. find a big warm blanket to wrap around PlayStation and controller.

and that's it , your system will be warm and toasty and won't freeze anymore

(lemsip optional)

Classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭TacoMan

It's been really bad for playlists since the last update. Just as you're getting through a playlist having the craic the bloody thing freezes right before a race, then it kills your console. Always happens me around the 9th job on a 16 job playlist. Hopefully Rockstar sort it out with a future update.

Good laugh yesterday with the mental GTA races. It'd be great to have those recorded. Bryan's non-stop killing of Scott, then Scott's resulting meltdowns are pure gold :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

TacoMan wrote: »
    It's been really bad for playlists since the last update. Just as you're getting through a playlist having the craic the bloody thing freezes right before a race, then it kills your console. Always happens me around the 9th job on a 16 job playlist. Hopefully Rockstar sort it out with a future update.

Good laugh yesterday with the mental GTA races. It'd be great to have those recorded. Bryan's non-stop killing of Scott, then Scott's resulting meltdowns are pure gold :)

Ah now I wasn't too bad yesterday I definitely was in meltdown mode the day before tho on that bike race :D . I think buckyboy was worse last night. He was in a mood for about 20mins in the house :p

ARGH! "The Curse Of The Nineth Race" strikes again. Game freeze, console crash. Re-loading now....

ARGH! "The Curse Of The Nineth Race" strikes again. Game freeze, console crash. Re-loading now....

So do an eight race playlist :p

Maybe, although you're limited to the amount of playlists you can create, so some of the whacky races would be lost. But what I might do is rearrange the playlist so the dreaded DareDevil race is placed in the nineth slot. To this day I've never finished the bloody thing. Last night Niall, Bryan and myself started DareDevil 2 (the one where you have to go up the side of the bridge on the pipe, and back down). Niall won, Bryan went off, had his dinner, came back and still finished ahead of me. I've never been as happy to see the DNF appearing in all my days. Gawd I hate that race!

Maybe, although you're limited to the amount of playlists you can create, so some of the whacky races would be lost. But what I might do is rearrange the playlist so the dreaded DareDevil race is placed in the nineth slot. To this day I've never finished the bloody thing. Last night Niall, Bryan and myself started DareDevil 2 (the one where you have to go up the side of the bridge on the pipe, and back down). Niall won, Bryan went afk, had his dinner, came back and still finished ahead of me. I've never been as happy to see the DNF appearing in all my days. Gawd I hate that race!

• Advertisement

EDIT - Double post

Maybe, although you're limited to the amount of playlists you can create, so some of the whacky races would be lost. But what I might do is rearrange the playlist so the dreaded DareDevil race is placed in the nineth slot. To this day I've never finished the bloody thing. Last night Niall, Bryan and myself started DareDevil 2 (the one where you have to go up the side of the bridge on the pipe, and back down). Niall won, Bryan went afk, had his dinner, came back and still finished ahead of me. I've never been as happy to see the DNF appearing in all my days. Gawd I hate that race!

so which do you hate most ? the bmx windmill one or daredevil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Doing that playlist and its crashed at the 9th race.

Must be a bug so.

EDIT:
    Looks like I got kicked and Niall went offline but the rest of the gang are still playing.

dont know if ye know but you can get the world record award award/trophy by doing one of the new rockstar verified races. i did the dubsta warz one on my own, got the award/trophy and i doubt anyone has done the course slower than my time (flipped a few times). you unlock a tattoo aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

dont know if ye know but you can get the world record award award/trophy by doing one of the new rockstar verified races. i did the dubsta warz one on my own, got the award/trophy and i doubt anyone has done the course slower than my time (flipped a few times). you unlock a tattoo aswell

Just did it in 4:11! got the award :pac:

so which do you hate most ? the bmx windmill one or daredevil?

It's a tough call but I'd have to go with the DareDevil races at the moment. Both are frustrating as hell, and I think I've DNF'd every time I played them. Only played the Windmill once, annoying as it was, it was nothing like the controller-smashing rage that the DareDevil races bring. A few more tries and I think it might be up there with the DareDevils.

Just trying to launch a playlist and it looks like it is freezing on the first job now. Really hope this is fixed with the next update.

• Advertisement

It's a tough call but I'd have to go with the DareDevil races at the moment. Both are frustrating as hell, and I think I've DNF'd every time I played them. Only played the Windmill once, annoying as it was, it was nothing like the controller-smashing rage that the DareDevil races bring. A few more tries and I think it might be up there with the DareDevils.

Just trying to launch a playlist and it looks like it is freezing on the first job now. Really hope this is fixed with the next update.

personally I think the windmill is worse , the hardest part of daredevil is the bridge and if you take it slowish it's not too bad .

I've had playlist freeze on the first race before. in the car and all and waiting for the 3,2,1 go to come up and never does. very annoying especially if you have waited to invite players etc.

I've a couple of deathmatches I've bookmarked and haven't tried them yet . might test them out later if yourself and a few others are online .

Just did it in 4:11! got the award :pac:

Where do you find the newly verified ones??

Where do you find the newly verified ones??

add the from the rockstar social club. and then host them, solo,

add the from the rockstar social club. and then host them, solo,

Dubsta wars has new record of 2.35:(:mad:

Worked for me.

• Advertisement

Got crates unlocked again. Just had to do base invaders again, then Out Of Harmony & then wait for the phone call from Ron.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Got crates unlocked again. Just has to base invaders again, then Out Of Harmony & then wait for the phone call from Ron.

Special crates or just normal?

Special crates or just normal?

Any crates.

For some reason I couldn't get any at all. I used to be able to get them but it appeared as locked for me.
    Just a bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Cheers. I just did it in 3:29 using the Sanchez and got the award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just did it in 3.05 on a Sanchez and it didn't unlock for me.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just did it in 3.05 on a Sanchez and it didn't unlock for me.

Adam, you XBOX? I am, and i've been tearing up that track all night to no avail.

that sux. did ye try the other tracks?

that sux. did ye try the other tracks?

I tried a couple and it didnt work either. I did the dubsta on a sanchez, no crasses or missed checkpoints and still was at least 20 secs behind record. record is 2m 35s on xbox

I tried a couple and it didnt work either. I did the dubsta on a sanchez, no crasses or missed checkpoints and still was at least 20 secs behind record. record is 2m 35s on xbox

i only did the dubsta warz with the sandking xl on PS. there wasnt any time set when i did it even though they had been verified with over 12hrs so i dunno. could be an xbox/ps thing. im not on at the mo to check the other tracks on PS

just did the panto-monium track. set a new WR (47 seconds). so must just be an xbox/ps thing

Adam, you XBOX? I am, and i've been tearing up that track all night to no avail.

Yep I'm on Xbox, no real loss tbh was just giving it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

For what it's worth, I'm on PS3 and used my custom dubsta, and it worked for me.

For what it's worth, I'm on PS3 and used my custom dubsta, and it worked for me.

do you get anything for doing this ?

do you get anything for doing this ?

The record holder award
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/awards/rewards

You get a tattoo.
    HoldWorldRecord.png

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

Who is actually active on Xbox these say?

was doing a long GTA race with the French earlier , it was the a lap around the whole map .

They kept blowing me up with sticky bombs and spinning me out. so got sick of this and as we passed by zancudo I hoped into a jet and leathered the lot of them bar one who was on my friend list.

needless to say there was some serious rageahol going on. I couldn't stop laughing. best craic I've had on GTA in ages.

also myself and proco did the stickybombs on our backs craic in freemode. Poor unfortunates never had a chance. mwah ha ha !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Gonna go pricking about on the Ps3 for a while if anyone's on :)

SamBrugha wrote: »

I still play.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I only recently got the game. I keep getting failed to host and can't join GTA online. What gives? I'm on ps3 BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

SamBrugha wrote: »

I still play but don't get on as much as I used to. Will probably be on for a bit later if anyone is around.

• Advertisement

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I only recently got the game. I keep getting failed to host and can't join GTA online. What gives? I'm on ps3 BTW.

If you need a crew, join us here

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Not sure why you cant connect to online though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement