Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

It's saying I'm signed out of PSN even though I'm signed in?

This is wrecking my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Currently stuck on the loading session screen in the car park, listening to electro music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna team up on Xbox?,

I'd love to but Rockstar won't let me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I gave up trying :( Screw you rockstar. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anyone wanna team up on Xbox?,
    Its working for you now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Its working for you now?

Seems to be :D

Just won a 5 man supercar race around fort zancudo :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just won a 5 man supercar race around fort zancudo :cool:
    Ya must have won a bitta money out that.....I'll just jump on now and relieve you of that muhhhahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

If I knew I was going to be stuck in a car park in the darkness for so long I would have changed my gamertag to Stan Collymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just did the hold up mission and some dude was doing it same time as me so we were together. Just as I went into the shop he was killed so I got the cash and took flight. :P

• Advertisement

Just did the hold up mission and some dude was doing it same time as me so we were together. Just as I went into the shop he was killed so I got the cash and took flight. :P

You can share the loot...... my game prompted me to! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

If I see the words timed out again I'm going to cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You can share the loot...... my game prompted me to! :pac:

Yeah I was going to...but I couldn't remember his name. :pac:

checked the menu thing and gave him 1000, can't even remember how much I picked up but its better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Is there solo deathmatches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Is it just me or does anyone else find it difficult to create a character that, you know,.. doesn't look like a burn victim on meth? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Richie.

Can't even upload a photo in single player. Can only get to carpark in solo mode. All other ways fail. Also could view friends but now I can't. Awesome fun. Can't even concentrate on being gangsta in the offline game!

I got run over and then the epsilon guy showed up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Is there solo deathmatches?

As in a deathmatch against all of your opponents/players? Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Couldnt get on, tried loads of times and kept getting stuck at the carpark waiting for a race. Gave it one last try there and setup a new character, I appeared in the sky and fell to the ground flat on my face and when I got up hey presto im in GTA online! Ridiculous stuff altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

just watching youtube videos of online proves that idea of working together cooperatively is a joke everybody just wants to rob stores for themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

just watching youtube videos of online proves that idea of working together cooperatively is a joke everybody just wants to rob stores for themselves
    That is why you get a good crew organised! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Getting a new message -
    Unable to connect to Rockstar game services. Please check your network connection, blah, blah, blah.

Smh.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rockstar Support @RockstarSupport
    @RockstarGames @PlayStation Rest assured we are hard at work resolving any issues. Please subscribe here for updates: support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/artic…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Axwell wrote: »
    Couldnt get on, tried loads of times and kept getting stuck at the carpark waiting for a race. Gave it one last try there and setup a new character, I appeared in the sky and fell to the ground flat on my face and when I got up hey presto im in GTA online! Ridiculous stuff altogether!
    how did you go about doing that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

All night I've been getting "cannot host a game, please try again later"....is there a general problem in logging in for most?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still haven't been able to get past the 'waiting for other players screen. Thought I was being clever and trying to join a friend's session in progress but it won't let you without completing the tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Mine went mental gave a new error and dropped me into vinewood hills... Was just an open world with no missions... Now im back trying to race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Guys just set up my first xbox live account. Whenn clicking 'Online' in the in game menu of GTA V i am told 'My profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live Functionality'.
    Any help be appreciated:(

Yeah I managed to get on by choosing not to save. Fell out if the sky at the vine wood sign. No missions so just cruising around really.

Guys just set up my first xbox live account. Whenn clicking 'Online' in the in game menu of GTA V i am told 'My profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live Functionality'.

Do you have a current gold xbox live subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Make sure you are using the profile that you set up gold with. It will only work with one.
    Failing that check that you haven't enabled any parental controls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you fall out of the sky and look at jobs you can play deathmatch etc with others online. I only got to play one game though and then it locked up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Do you have a current gold xbox live subscription?

No i just hooked up via ethernet cable and it came up about my free xbox live is ready to go. I assumed i had a welcome freebie. Do i need to set up for the gold?
    Thanks

Axwell wrote: »
    If you fall out of the sky and look at jobs you can play deathmatch etc with others online. I only got to play one game though and then it locked up again.

It just said no jobs available for me. I tried ringing the contact I had as well and said he hand no jobs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

No i just hooked up via ethernet cable and it came up about my free xbox live is ready to go. I assumed i had a welcome freebie. Do i need to set up for the gold?
    Thanks
    if it's a new xbox ya should have 1 month free trial
    if not get your credit card or a ps3 ;) Also no point in getting gold today, be lucky to get anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

It just said no jobs available for me. I tried ringing the contact I had as well and said he hand no jobs either.

Never ceases to amaze me how others share my thought processes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has the update messed up anyone else's SP phone? I check the job list and it says no jobs available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Having so much fun online, worked first thing this morning then didnt work around 4 o clock, back working with no problems now :) Robbing shops and doing car repos with friends is surprisingly fun :D Trying to get money to buy an apartment is gonna be hard considerin the missions dont pay out that much, roll on the heists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I must be one of the luck ones, took me an hour and a half to get on at release but iv been able to stay online all day after that. The online itself is absolutely awesome, cant wait until im able to do some heists online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So I only skimmed the last few pages and Im in work - Is it working on ps3 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ardinn wrote: »

Not for me. Still getting error messages and freezing issues in the car park at the start.

Edit: Just froze again. I'm leaving it now. Fúcking joke.

Well that was one of the most enjoyable evenings iv had standing in a car park in a long time. Time for bed and try again tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was able to start Online but choosing solo session. Intro was nice, walked into the race mission starter 'failed to start activity, returning to gta v'. Tried a 'Crew Only' session, couldn't find host. Tried solo session again, I automatically walked into mission race marker. 'failed to start activity' again but I pressed circle this time and seemed to skip the error message. Guy gave me his car and just staring at a blurry image of the city with awful music in the background, anyone else get this? Should I give up or wait a few minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

ardinn wrote: »

Not working on PS3 for me either.

Got to the character screen twice and didn't get any further than that.

I'm going nowhere near the online until its sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Was able to start Online but choosing solo session. Intro was nice, walked into the race mission starter 'failed to start activity, returning to gta v'. Tried a 'Crew Only' session, couldn't find host. Tried solo session again, I automatically walked into mission race marker. 'failed to start activity' again but I pressed circle this time and seemed to skip the error message. Guy gave me his car and just staring at a blurry image of the city with awful music in the background, anyone else get this? Should I give up or wait a few minutes?

If your playing on a PS3 then my advice would be to turn it off and forget about it until tomorrow.

Go to bed and try tomorrow I reckon. Been getting that sort of behaviour all day. Let's just pretend the online part unlocks tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Im on that now myself, i reckon it's a glitch. should not be ablt to press O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah will do. There is a poll on gtaforums 'Does Online work for you on PS3'. 7 said Yes, 217 said No. sums it up really. Take 2 tomorrow lads!

Edit: Poll is no 8 Yes, 307 No. Granted, if it was working for me, I wouldn't be on that forum looking for problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Highly recommend everyone give up for the night. This won't be resolved until the weekend at best. I've never had an issue with a game like this before. Very poor and I'd almost be looking for a fuucking refund at this stage. I know its only 1 day but this can easily turn in to 4/5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

winston82 wrote: »
    Highly recommend everyone give up for the night.
    I agree. Go to bed everybody. I'll have a better chance of getting on without you lot around :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement