Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Been grand on Xbox for the last 4 hours though I'm not sure what'll happen if I log off and try to come back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

winston82 wrote: »
    Highly recommend everyone give up for the night. This won't be resolved until the weekend at best. I've never had an issue with a game like this before. Very poor and I'd almost be looking for a fuucking refund at this stage. I know its only 1 day but this can easily turn in to 4/5.

A refund? Are you serious?

Please tell me you're not serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

ive given up for the night now. in college till 5 tomorrow so hopefully this is all sorted by time im home and we can all play tomorrow :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I can do free roam but jobs won't work

Savage craic there with a few lads. Only did a few missions but they seem decent, spent most of the time robbing stores, having shootouts with randomers and doing a few drive-bys. 3 lads in a jeep with subs, shooting everything to **** :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Is it mainly ps3 thats having problems? been out all evenin thought i could come home and play an hour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I'm on xbox and haven't gotten to play all day. Just getting the car park nonsense and then goes to the blurred city screen saying Loading or Waiting for new players.

I'm on xbox and haven't gotten to play all day. Just getting the car park nonsense and then goes to the blurred city screen saying Loading or Waiting for new players.

I left mine at the blurred screen for about 15 mins and eventually I got to do the race. There were a few funny things going on but once I got into the game everything seemed fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

A refund? Are you serious?

Please tell me you're not serious.

Almost. I said almost. I'm trying to convey my emotion here. Also, I have a digital copy which makes me even sadder.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Finally gave up there. Bit more than frustrated at this stage. Have the day off tomorrow (today for most of you guys), please, please work :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Add me to the crew, Shanecos11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

It's wrecking my head I can't play!
    Hopefully they sort this out with some of the few million profit they made off selling the game over the last few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Still the same after I tried it earlier on today;

"Failed to host a GTA Online session."

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Back from my Holidays to this :( , ah well BF4 beta is downloading quite quickly , will do the job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Getting to the blurred out cityscape now myself. Everybody giving out about the music :confused:
    Sitting here with the headset on listening to Soulwax, there's some real quality tracks on it.

Soby wrote: »
    Back from my Holidays to this :( , ah well BF4 beta is downloading quite quickly , will do the job :D
    I can't get a game of that either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Getting to the blurred out cityscape now myself. Everybody giving out about the music :confused:
    Sitting here with the headset on listening to Soulwax, there's some real quality tracks on it.
    That is how far I get with "waiting for other players" in the bottom right :mad:

OriginV wrote: »
    That is how far I get with "waiting for other players" in the bottom right :mad:
    I don't even have that message. There's a sound when I press the X button (ps3) but nothing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

So annoyed came home early to try out GTA V online and the Battlefield 4 beta but I could not access both.

When you're waiting all day to play a game, the songs certainly begin to grate on the nerves

• Advertisement

I can't get a game of that either :(

Ah seriously ?:(

Soby wrote: »
    Ah seriously ?:(
    Yep, all servers say 0/24. When I try click on one it just says loading... interminably loading...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I have no problems getting into the online, the problem is that it's boring as ****! Will there be more stuff added cause racing and shooting people gets old fast.

I have no problems getting into the online, the problem is that it's boring as ****! Will there be more stuff added cause racing and shooting people gets old fast.

If that's the case, why even buy a GTA game?

If that's the case, why even buy a GTA game?

For the single player (which was pretty short this time). I thought there'd be more to do in MULTIPLAYER but it's seems there isn't much to it. You'll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

No jobs available in my phone....What........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yep, all servers say 0/24. When I try click on one it just says loading... interminably loading...

I had the same problem. Select 'Quick Game/match', then Conquest. Gets you into the action. Do not, I repeat, do not select Domination. It's an abomination of a game mode.

For the single player (which was pretty short this time). I thought there'd be more to do in MULTIPLAYER but it's seems there isn't much to it. You'll see what I mean.

Golf, Tennis, Parachute jumps, team deathmatch all over the map, racing off road, in the sea, around the city. Plenty more to do as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I actaully wanted some online golf, but alas, cannot connect to server...

• Advertisement

Golf, Tennis, Parachute jumps, team deathmatch all over the map, racing off road, in the sea, around the city. Plenty more to do as well.

I said racing and shooting people. You're hardly going to play tennis and golf all day lol You can do that alone anyway. How about some proper missions like single player ones but with friends. That's what I was expecting. If you enjoy it then fair play, but for me it's very much lacking.

I said racing and shooting people. You're hardly going to play tennis and golf all day lol You can do that alone anyway. How about some proper missions like single player ones but with friends. That's what I was expecting. If you enjoy it then fair play, but for me it's very much lacking.

But most people haven't even gotten online to play it. And you can do missions with players, heists and stuff. But in the meantime, go play golf and get a few birdies

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

For the single player (which was pretty short this time).

Really? I had 20hrs clocked before i unlocked Trevor. Think i'm at 35 now and Trevor has not long headed back to LS, So i'd say there's loads of story and missions left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its not the best at the moment. Can't wait until everyone can get on the crew can do the missions and stuff. Damn randomers.

Really? I had 20hrs clocked before i unlocked Trevor. Think i'm at 35 now and Trevor has not long headed back to LS, So i'd say there's loads of story and missions left.

When I say the single player is pretty short, I mean the missions, not the messing about in between. Obviously the game has infinite playing time because it just carries on after all the missions are done like the previous games. If you only played one or two missions a day and messed about for a few hours then it would last you a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Even if you charge from one mission to the next as fast as you can it's still longer than most games out there.

Did everyone not see the notice R* sent out about the first while of online been poor while they try to cope with the demand?

• Advertisement

gave up for the night :(

When I say the single player is pretty short, I mean the missions, not the messing about in between. Obviously the game has infinite playing time because it just carries on after all the missions are done like the previous games. If you only played one or two missions a day and messed about for a few hours then it would last you a long time.

Single player is short if you're a sweaty gamer playing it all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

really i think its about the same it is quicker to complete though and why is quicker to complete because you have checkpoints now

3,vice,andreas,4. did not feature checkpoints once you died in a mission it was a respawn all the way back to before you even drove to that mission startup

remember how annoying that used to be thanfully V brought in the checkpoint system from ballad of gay tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

biggebruv wrote: »
    really i think its about the same it is quicker to complete though and why is quicker to complete because you have checkpoints now

3,vice,andreas,4. did not feature checkpoints once you died in a mission it was a respawn all the way back to before you even drove to that mission startup

remember how annoying that used to be thanfully V brought in the checkpoint system from ballad of gay tony

Yeah this. I seriously can't stand to finish the older games (SA especially) because of it.

And I find the game long enough too. I'm very happy just exploring it.

Single player is short if you're a sweaty gamer playing it all day

I definitely didn't play it all day, I just couldn't if I tried. A few missions at a time at best. I replayed gta 4 for the 2-3 weeks before gta 5 came out and it definitely took me longer to get through the single player in that.
    biggebruv wrote: »

You could be kinda right about this actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I got into GTAonline at about 1am and was playing it until just there now. It is absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

WHAT AN AWESOME GAME. Check out Gary Guitar on Weasel news...
    Myself and Royal 1rish were watching Gary complete the mission from this interesting camera angle.

n0cx.jpg

5k2y.jpg

This game really takes things to the next level. Enjoy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yeah the Weasel news chopper cam was brilliant with the thing scrolling at the bottom "gangland criminal known by the street name Gary Guitar in shoot out".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Still can't get into it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just tries again there before headin off to college still not working for me(ps3). Better be working by 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For those that have it working on PS3, are you pressing X for Online when the game starts frst loading up? Or do you wait for story mode to load, then press start and access online from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So whats the story with online? Does it work?

I didn't bother to try yesterday figuring it would just be a mess for the first few days :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anytime I was stuck on that screen, it played the same $hitty dance music that just sounded like a car alarm going off. Now I know why yokes were invented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Turned it on for a quick try. Back to the blurry city scape and 'loading session'. I'm on Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

How is everyone finding the best way to get money? Robbing shops isint really worth it, by the time you factor in ammo etc. Ive found doing the car deliverys for simeon really worth it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement