Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You don't have to use any ammo to rob stores. Just walk in without your weapon out [either one, heh] - and only pull the gun when you approach the clerk. Keep the aim on him, without shooting, until you bag the cash, and back up out of there, keeping the gun on him - or he will shoot you! - don't panic over the 2 stars, you'll have more reason to panic if you kill him, it'll change to 3. It's easy enough lose the cops at 2.

I only did a few so far, but in or around €2000 each time. Easy money.

I'm managing to get online via the SP game. Hust hold down on the D-pad [360] as if you were going to change character as normal, but select the blank section for online. Mine actually showed my online character last night in that spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Champ13

just got on,won first race said I set a new worls record!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Like many, I didn't get on last night but I did manage to get my character sorted. Thought he looked kind of cool, but ended up looking like Jedward's older brother, which would definitely make him a target for anyone and everyone :(

Is there any way I can edit him?!

completely froze during second mission, not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Like many, I didn't get on last night but I did manage to get my character sorted. Thought he looked kind of cool, but ended up looking like Jedward's older brother, which would definitely make him a target for anyone and everyone :(

Is there any way I can edit him?!

Don't worry, he's probably already been deleted :(

Champ13 wrote: »
    just got on,won first race said I set a new worls record!

Don't get too excited, said same for me :D

My main character looks like a dickhead, but the editor is a bit crap. The Grandparent/parent gene thing is a nice idea, if only it was implemented a bit better. It's hard to really see some of the subtle changes, and then BAM! you decide to give them an hour or two more "legal work" in their profile and their look changes dramatically :D

I just went random until I got a normal(ish) bloke, then tweaked him a bit, and brought him to the clothes stores and barbers in game first chance I got.

I managed to create a second female character but the game froze up on me shortly after the race. You have to go through the whole intro again btw, for a second character. I hope it's just a case of flicking between them in game lik eyou do with the guys in SP? once you have them established. There's 4 character slots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

Just turned on my ps3 and theres another new update......fingers crossed this is something to fix the issues we are all having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

audioslave wrote: »
    Just turned on my ps3 and theres another new update......fingers crossed this is something to fix the issues we are all having.
    Unfortunatley it's just a system update, allows you to hide trophies for games. Doubt it has anything to do with GTA.

Last night I could only get on Solo on PS3. The first race marker wouldn't appear for me but I could get money off people, lodge into my bank. Log off and it would still be there when I returned

Come on Rockstar, get the finger out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hopefully there's one for Xbox too, mad to give this a proper go after getting in to for an hour last night before it crashed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got on and won the race. Did the next part of the mission with someone else. When I finished it, game froze :( Tried to log back in, empty carpark and no character. Tried again and now I'm doing the drugs part of the mission again.

anyone know how to work the chat I only got the x-box yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Requested invite to Boards Crew 2, looking forward to playing with some good gamers.
    Went on last night and got stuck with some tools.

Is there threads for the crew?

Just to update, no the new ps3 update hasn't changed anything. Still getting "failed to host......."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Totally impossible to connect on the ps3 for me it seems. The only way i managed to get it to start was by creating a solo session but it gives me a failed to find other players pop up or some thing when i walk into the blue ring for some race mission.

The game really needs a separate screen detached from the single player to log into this, the constant loading back into story mode from you get disconnected cant be good for my oul ps3, its gotten a bit noisy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been on for about 20 minutes now. Chasing down people and fighting them. Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Class vid showing different bits of online gameplay.

Photobombing selfies at 1:55 looks like a great laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Played it for a few hours last night. Great craic. Although I was getting bullied by a lad named Monday. Although he got his comeuppance when I legged it after getting the last kill.
    Lesson learned. Don't stop your car and beep the horn offering a lift to anyone. They'll shoot you.

I think people should just calm down about the online side of things being a bit knackered for now. Don't you have something else to do while you're waiting? :D I mean, I can get online any time, but I'm not bothered atm. I have other stuff to be doing. You're not going to miss out on much, trust me. It's not a race to see who does what first ... it's more of a marathon. The leveling up slows down even from 4-5 to 5-6 [where I am currently] - so you're not going to be buying much for a while, as purchases are level dependent. Get used to using that hand-gun you never use for a while to start.

Last night I jumped on for an hour, and after doing a couple of jobs decided to just fart about the general map. Some guy made a point about running after me, sucker punching my character and killing him ... I was given an option to get revenge and took it. I killed him repeatedly as he continued to re-spawn in the same location. Be prepared to dual!

A little while later, 2 guys in a chopper decided to stalk me in the car ... that was a good chase, and I even managed to jump out and pump a few shots at the chopper before they finally nailed me. I was hoping to respawn and they'd still be there, but they'd gone.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Class vid showing different bits of online gameplay.

Photobombing selfies at 1:55 looks like a great laugh!

Yeah, not half set up. Who'd stop in the middle of a group game to take selfies? :D ;lame.

This just reminds me ... I want to be able to mute people! is there an option? because take for example that guy who said "It's a Feeee-aaaaat" [Fiat] - I don't want to hear irritating people like this. Last night I wanted to just rob a few stores to build cash, and I had to endure a bunch of Yanks talking shoite while I was at it. Couldn't find an option to mute them. Please tell me there is one, without having to kill the rest of the game sounds.

Yeah, not half set up. Who'd stop in the middle of a group game to take selfies? :D ;lame.

Of course it was setup, but still funny jumping off the roof behind him. I'd say you could get some class snaps.

• Advertisement

There's potential alright. I reckon there will be some crazy pics about from online play in general. As it's a lot more unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This may have been discussed over the previous pages but in view of the issues getting in at the minute can we not go ahead with kicking people out who've not played for Boards after a week? I know that I'm going to be pretty much leaving this thing for a week or two to settle down.

Not sure I want to be spending hours trying to get into a game purely so that I don't get kicked out of the crew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Wouldn't work for me last night, downloading tge system software update now, gonna try it then, hearing a lot of funny stories about people doing stuff online, I wanna try doing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This just reminds me ... I want to be able to mute people! is there an option? because take for example that guy who said "It's a Feeee-aaaaat" [Fiat] - I don't want to hear irritating people like this. Last night I wanted to just rob a few stores to build cash, and I had to endure a bunch of Yanks talking shoite while I was at it. Couldn't find an option to mute them. Please tell me there is one, without having to kill the rest of the game sounds.

You could mute specific people in RDR online so I'm sure that you can do the same in GTA Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Still can't get online. The only thing I can do is attempt a solo mode, gets me to the car park then it all falls to pieces.
    I tried using ethernet, uninstalling and re installing the game update.
    Also my PS3 updated to version 4.50 this morning.
    Soooo frustrating :(
    I wouldn't have cared if they said it wasn't coming out until 2014. But saying it would be out on the 1st and then this makes me wanna pull a Trevor.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    This may have been discussed over the previous pages but in view of the issues getting in at the minute can we not go ahead with kicking people out who've not played for Boards after a week? I know that I'm going to be pretty much leaving this thing for a week or two to settle down.

Not sure I want to be spending hours trying to get into a game purely so that I don't get kicked out of the crew.

Haha course not man, then I would be kicking myself out as well. I'm getting some messages about that alright. I don't want to be kicking anyone out. When Online is active for everyone, I'll give it a week or so and then it will be mostly people who have played solely for a different crew. I know people have stuff going on and might not be able to get on a certain week, so everyone can relax a bit :)

Anyway, the Boards 2 crew has kinda resolved this anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

what is JP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Haha course not man, then I would be kicking myself out as well. I'm getting some messages about that alright. I don't want to be kicking anyone out. When Online is active for everyone, I'll give it a week or so and then it will be mostly people who have played solely for a different crew. I know people have stuff going on and might not be able to get on a certain week, so everyone can relax a bit :)

Anyway, the Boards 2 crew has kinda resolved this anyway.

Even still its best to have active members in the crews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think I'm just going to wait until I read a lot of people here saying they're getting on on PS3 before I even bother. Looking forward to it when it does work though.

I still have some of the main story to occupy me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

saw this on another fourm site.

meanwhile in rockstar
    aozNyr0_700b_v1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Tried to get online last night, no luck whatsoever.

everyone seems to be chasing eachother around and killing themselves haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's a complete write-off for me. Not 1 second of the game have I got to play online and I don't know of anybody that has. Major fail on Rockstar's behalf.
    Looks like they've bitten off more than they can chew. Wouldn't be surprised to see this rumble on for a good while yet.

Launching job. Looks like this could be it. Got to pick a car.....
    Just done race against Lamar only.
    Will post if I don't get kicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's a complete write-off for me. Not 1 second of the game have I got to play online and I don't know of anybody that has. Major fail on Rockstar's behalf.
    Looks like they've bitten off more than they can chew. Wouldn't be surprised to see this rumble on for a good while yet.

I have 0/

Launching job. Looks like this could be it. Got to pick a car.....
    Just done race against Lamar only.
    Will post if I don't get kicked.

Solo session or closed?

Solo session or closed?

Wow...same here launching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

It worked! Did the race just there! So how does this work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Still my SP isn't loading missions. 51% through and now have to start again. I'd give this game 0/10. complete waste of my time.

If anyone wants to try join my session pan runnerrichie

yous ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Why does a random radio station play when you launch into a death match/race any way to stop it find it very annoying?
    How do you get masks other than those monkey ones eg balaclava?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I have 0/
    C u next Tuesday.
    Hoping it will be sorted by then :pac:

Its working! !!! Solo session just done 1st race

• Advertisement

WOOO IM ONLINE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

winston82 wrote: »
    Still my SP isn't loading missions. 51% through and now have to start again. I'd give this game 0/10. complete waste of my time.

Seriously? Get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Still stuck at the part where he walks to the car and it shows the city lights and crap music!

Ffs

by onlnie i mean the cutscene but as far as ive gotten :P , i did it by in solo play > start button > online > solo

Still stuck at the part where he walks to the car and it shows the city lights and crap music!

Ffs

Trying solo session?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement