Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Im in aswell restarted ps3 again and its working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

I got to do the first three missions alone got stuck above the city now someone is on my mike.... its coming guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Yeah, I just started a solo game on PS3 and it seems to be working...no joke

About to do first race - will report back if it doesn't crash...

Yep, just did first race (in solo mode). No issues. Ran like a dream. Onto second mission now... Yay!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

winston82 wrote: »
    Still my SP isn't loading missions. 51% through and now have to start again. I'd give this game 0/10. complete waste of my time.

So in that 51% worth of time you've put into the game, you've got no enjoyment out of the game at all? 51% if you stick by just missions without deviating much can be done in decent time too.

Ok so i'm looking down at the city for 5 min now but am talking to some guy in france. Cant make out if he's seeing the same thing. but i guess i'm online lol. It seems to be coming back online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

where do you get this solo play option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just finished the race , so far so good

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    where do you get this solo play option?

go into the menu > online > solo play

Working for me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

People are following me trying to get me into their selfies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

audioslave wrote: »
    Trying solo session?

No didnt know how to! In solo is there other people online and your just not in a crew? Or is it just like story mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    So in that 51% worth of time you've put into the game, you've got no enjoyment out of the game at all? 51% if you stick by just missions without deviating much can be done in decent time too.

Correct. I don't have the time to do this again. The enjoyment has been ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

after doing this my race is stuck on loading still

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Played the first two missions then got stuck up in the sky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Not working for me either. Still at least it's starting to work for so e people. Won't be back online until tonight so hopefully it will be better by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Initial loading screen has been 'Loading Online' for about 5 mins now. Guess the front door is shut so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Solo play doesnt work, freezes exact same spot! What a joke

To those who can play i hate you and enjoy!! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Are you a 12 year old girl? Calm down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Still my SP isn't loading missions. 51% through and now have to start again. I'd give this game 0/10. complete waste of my time.

Your hissy fits are entertaining, tell us more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Works for me but people keep dropping out and joining the session so I guess it's not working for everyone yet.

that drug mission is a pain in the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I immediately regret killing my driver..

bit the bullet and left the solo one , trying a prober one now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Launching session. Yet another part of the game to watch one of these for hours on end.

loading_circle_fully_working_by_assasinna-d5xfzgb.gif

Im in a game if someone wants to add me and i can invite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Hilarious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Soby wrote: »
    Im in a game if someone wants to add me and i can invite

Thats half the prob. You cant join other players until you have completed the tutorial.

miju wrote: »
    Thats half the prob. You cant join other players until you have completed the tutorial.

ye bit ****

Whats the end of the tutorial , dunno if i skipped it or not ?, i stopped after the drug mission went onlnie then robbed the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Being working fine for me this morning after a bit of car park standing. Have had no trouble ducking in and out since completing the tutorial.

Knocked over a few stores and bought some guns. Screwed some guy outta his cut :-)

Will be great crack with a few friends on the map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

No didnt know how to! In solo is there other people online and your just not in a crew? Or is it just like story mode?

Sorry about the delay in replying, that was the first time I'd gotten in. There was no other players. Only completed the first race (world record, but I think everyone is getting that) then I had to turn it off.

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    ye bit ****

Whats the end of the tutorial , dunno if i skipped it or not ?, i stopped after the drug mission went onlnie then robbed the store

There's more to it Ste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's a complete write-off for me. Not 1 second of the game have I got to play online and I don't know of anybody that has. Major fail on Rockstar's behalf.
    Looks like they've bitten off more than they can chew. Wouldn't be surprised to see this rumble on for a good while yet.

I've been on a few times, without hassle. When I logged on today my character was floating about as the world hadn't fully loaded up :D and then the HUD was missing, and I couldn't select a weapon or use the in-game phone or view the map. SO I went back to SP, then back to online and that fixed it up. No trouble after that.

This was on the 360, nobody is specifying, just assuming we all play on the ps3.

I must have stumbled in to the GTA fan boy forum. My apologies. Continue with your virgin friends.

I must have stumbled in to the GTA fan boy forum. My apologies. Continue with your virgin friends.

Hardly. Try reading the GTA Impression thread why don't you, heh? As for the latter remark, I don't think anyone can take you seriously given your comments in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You're way OTT. You say you're 51% into the SP campaign, and just because online won't work for you, you now give the game 0/10? ... seriously, get a grip. Now you're just insulting people like a troll on top.

It's not anyone on here's fault the game is giving you grief. And R* have already issued patches, if they don't work, then there will be more ... PATIENCE!!! fgs. It's not the end of the world. Keep playing the SP game in the mean time.

Back to the topic, if your idle for too long, you get kicked from whatever online session you were in. Just a heads up.

in with a boardsie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On PS3, I pressed X for Online at opening loading screen. Took me straight to the race, then did a drug mission. after the custscene, it said mission passed and just hovered over the city. Had to quit out of the game.

now im in a game with boardsies yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You're way OTT. You say you're 51% into the SP campaign, and just because online won't work for you, you now give the game 0/10? ... seriously, get a grip. Now you're just insulting people like a troll on top.

It's not anyone on here's fault the game is giving you grief. And R* have already issued patches, if they don't work, then there will be more ... PATIENCE!!! fgs. It's not the end of the world. Keep playing the SP game in the mean time.

I gave the game 0/10 because the update fuucked up my SP and now I have to replay something that took me 2 weeks to get to. I don't care about the multiplayer. And I'm not the only one either. If you all want to settle for mediocrity after paying 70euro then that's up to you. But not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I'm online woohoo(well sort eh, I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I spent ages standing in a car park last night. Other people were spawning beside me. Most just stood still, frozen like me, but others managed to walk away into the world of GTA Online. I wasn't one of the lucky ones and had to stare at a "Launching Session" logo for ages. Then I fell asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Okay, got online. Did the first race and then did a mission where I had to get some drugs. Then I was in the open world with other random players, bought some clothes and insured my car.

What do I do now? I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I gave the game 0/10 because the update fuucked up my SP and now I have to replay something that took me 2 weeks to get to. I don't care about the multiplayer. And I'm not the only one either. If you all want to settle for mediocrity after paying 70euro then that's up to you. But not me.

Unfortunately it seems to be only yourself in this forum that this has happened to. Did you not have a previous save point to go to? Or has that been tried? Have you been onto R* about it or seen anyone online having similar problems?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Okay, got online. Did the first race and then did a mission where I had to get some drugs. Then I was in the open world with other random players, bought some clothes and insured my car.

should be 1 more turtoiral mission after that , it wouldnt load for me though and i reset ps3 , then when i was back in the full online was available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

cdb wrote: »
    Your hissy fits are entertaining, tell us more...
    Hilarious!

Calm down all of you or infractions/bans will be handed out. Attack the post, not the poster.

Just Played there for about two hours.... I think.....
    You will firstly have to do the race, then buy clothes and do a mission, I believe this constitutes the tutorial.
    Then you will have the option to join games with your friends etc.
    I'm still not sure about clans but the game seems to be like it will be much better playing with at least one of your mates as opposed to a load of randomers.
    add me on ps3 runnerrichie if anyone wants a game later on.

J. Marston wrote: »

Having the same issue myself and when I try to do anything other than solo, the game freezes more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there a Boards crew? Is it full? If not, can I join?

cant get into a game now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Do you only have one save of the game? I thought it was pretty common for people Playing GTA to use all availbe slots to save at various points in case you wanted to go back or something went wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement