Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Gone for me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol @ paying 70 euros and calling other people virgins. I got online at first attempt today. Farted about went to join a heist and it timed out. Will try again later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there a Boards crew? Is it full? If not, can I join?

Yeah there are a couple of crews, check out the threads in the forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone gotten into a game from the blurry city scape. Iv been in the car park a few times too but mainly the city scape, is it worth waiting or just log out and in again?

EDIT: oooooo the city scape changed to day time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did the race (on PS3). Game froze on blurry city scape right after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I love looking at the blurred city scape the past 2 days. It's so artistic and deep. Makes me wanna print out that background and frame it on the wall. Hope I can't get online the whole week and just chill out to dance music and that artistic city scape

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Im p*ssed off with this sh*t now. When I sell a product I make sure it 100% works first.

Ive read the arguements saying they didnt know how many servers would be needed etc.. thats penny pinching and to be fair, its not like they barely broke even on sales. Disgrace, cutting corners and poor performance through and through.

(Apologies for spelling Im on a phone)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Went to the gun range on solo online mode, was fine. Played against another guy and beat him handily enough for 1K winnings from our bet. Followed that by going to a nearby race marker and freezing it seems, or the game is certainly taking a damn long time searching for a lobby to join. Probably the latter given the radio is still playing. Shame it's East Los Santos FM -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still haven't been able to get past the 'waiting for other players' screen before the tutorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Would that be an iphone? y'know, the one that very recently had the same issue with their update to the OS?

I see that they are working hard on fixes for GTA, that's good enough for me.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Went to the gun range on solo online mode, was fine. Played against another guy and beat him handily enough for 1K winnings from our bet. Followed that by going to a nearby race marker and freezing it seems, or the game is certainly taking a damn long time searching for a lobby to join. Probably the latter given the radio is still playing. Shame it's East Los Santos FM -_-

You can change the radio while awaiting the mission to begin. Otherwise it may be server error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hareton

A bit of progress today. Got to the blurred city view. Been waiting for players for an hour. Really need an option to quit instead of having to reset my system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just finished the opening race now. The loading times seem very long (5 mins+), even the initial startup screen took almost 10 mins, I was about to restart. Anyone else had that?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Would that be an iphone? y'know, the one that very recently had the same issue with their update to the OS?

I see that they are working hard on fixes for GTA, that's good enough for me.

No its a phone from a company that works when I buy it. Sorry for sounding ratty, Im sure everyones frustration levels are high from seeing city scape over and over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

I got online there around half one. Done the first few missions that you have to do and robbed a couple of stores. It froze and I had to restart the ps3 and I cant get back online since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Very hard to find any comments in here that aren't complaints so far

Played it fine last night on Xbox around 21:00 which would've thought would've been busy, no issues.

cojack101 wrote: »
    No its a phone from a company that works when I buy it. Sorry for sounding ratty, Im sure everyones frustration levels are high from seeing city scape over and over

Hey, I'm just pointing out that other companies have had major issues too, especially online. I have an iphone 5 myself. Took 2 days before iOS 7 would install proper. It would get to 90+% and then fail every time. This GTA R* issue is similar. They will fix it, and this irritation will all be but a memory ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Haha some guy kept trying to kill me and take my money. When he got bored and tried to rob a 24/7 I pulled up and popped his getaway car's tires.

He exited the building to find my character giving him the finger before spinning my wheels and tearing off. He was not happy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

so i was online played a few missions logged off cause my headset causing problems went back on and my character is gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

is there any way of seeing if a boards crew member is on before joining a session? There was one when I was playing last but he/she left just as I realised they were online and I was going over to them! (wondering if my character smells?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Hey, I'm just pointing out that other companies have had major issues too, especially online. I have an iphone 5 myself. Took 2 days before iOS 7 would install proper. It would get to 90+% and then fail every time. This GTA R* issue is similar. They will fix it, and this irritation will all be but a memory ;)

The problem isn't that there is problems, everyone expected a few problems, but for it not to be working at all for the vast majority is a complete shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NakedMonkey

I got online last night after about 45 minutes of trying. I completed the second mission and was paid but then it froze and I had to do the mission again (was paid twice and got experience again so not that bad).

Had a bit of fun but was impossible to get any deathmatch or mission going. Just had to steal stores and mess around in free roam.

At one point some guy jumped into my car and he had a wanted level which we instantly shared. As soon as I evaded the police, he jumped out of the car and killed me :( I did find it funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Went in the first tutorial race and it's been on "Launcing Session" for about 15min. I can hear people talking on their mics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Made two new logos for the crew, hopefully they can be put on shirts.

I got online last night after about 45 minutes of trying. I completed the second mission and was paid but then it froze and I had to do the mission again (was paid twice and got experience again so not that bad).

Had a bit of fun but was impossible to get any deathmatch or mission going. Just had to steal stores and mess around in free roam.

At one point some guy jumped into my car and he had a wanted level which we instantly shared. As soon as I evaded the police, he jumped out of the car and killed me :( I did find it funny though.

If you hold the back button (or select) and scroll to the bottom, you have the option of locking your car. You can make it so that only friends can get into it, only crew members, friends and crew members, or no one. I have mine set to no one. I don't trust my friends with my car. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Just a random question, has anyone else experienced the "No jobs available to join" in SP on the phone? :) Just curious and need reassurance that this will be patched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Did the intro missions,robbed a store, got my car etc....Some randomer then invited me to race motorbikes and by the time it started he was gone so did it on my own...Tried to do a deathmatch but can't get past the lobby as it times out...Then managed to join a session with about 6 other people and they voted to kick me for no reason...I can't get a game since, keeps freezing or kicking me back to SP....

Off to work now but i'll be on around 12.30 tonight. In the BRDS crew

GT VivverrineAuto63

Add me, most of my friends list are kids...:)

Went in the first tutorial race and it's been on "Launcing Session" for about 15min. I can hear people talking on their mics!

Me too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Same! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    is there any way of seeing if a boards crew member is on before joining a session? There was one when I was playing last but he/she left just as I realised they were online and I was going over to them! (wondering if my character smells?)

Yeah, in single player, go to the pause menu and go to Friends tab. You can see what friends and what crew members are online. Then go to Online tabe and join crew/friends online from there.

If you just select Go, it will auto put you with crew members if there is space on a server.
    Made two new logos for the crew, hopefully they can be put on shirts.

The 1st one boardsir is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

any crew rules as just been playing and the one boards crew member i meet keeps killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NakedMonkey

falan wrote: »
    Did the intro missions,robbed a store, got my car etc....Some randomer then invited me to race motorbikes and by the time it started he was gone so did it on my own...Tried to do a deathmatch but can't get past the lobby as it times out...Then managed to join a session with about 6 other people and they voted to kick me for no reason...I can't get a game since, keeps freezing or kicking me back to SP....

Off to work now but i'll be on around 12.30 tonight. In the BRDS crew

GT VivverrineAuto63

Add me, most of my friends list are kids...:)

I got a text with a job from one of the characters in game and when I accepted I waited about 10 minutes and was immediately kicked from the mission. Really annoying as you have the option of hosting closed games so pointless to leave it open and just kick people. It also puts a mark against me as it's the same as me leaving a mission myself.

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    any crew rules as just been playing and the one boards crew member i meet keeps killing me

Really. I joined a crew to avoid this unless it's a deathmatch or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Did anyone have luck with ps3 yet?

It seems to be working fine on xbox since yesterday evening, but I still haven't got past the car park (on solo mode)

Jamez735 wrote: »

It seems to be working fine on xbox since yesterday evening, but I still haven't got past the car park (on solo mode)

It's not working fine for xbox, believe me. Some people on both platforms have had some luck though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

im on xbox and its not working

I was getting somewhere but I'm back to cloud problems again

floydmoon1 wrote: »

There have been talks to setup a 'name & shame' thread for crew members that went rogue, not giving a proper cut from a heist, etc. Thin line though, some people just want to do whatever and some want a structured team.

Sorry man, only saw your msg when I quit out of the game. Ya, got in fine on PS3. Pressed X on the loading screen at the start. It froze twice after missions but quitting the game and restarting worked fine for me.

Had a great laugh with jjmk2 driving around robbing stores, splitting the money. Then went into a team death match with 2 other guys. Both of them quit and I automatically won with 1600 quid reward. Another win for boards-ie :pac:

I haven't robbed a store with anyone yet but provided I am the one with the cash how do I give the other(s) a cut?
    Don't want to unintentionally screw anyone over.

I haven't robbed a store with anyone yet but provided I am the one with the cash how do I give the other(s) a cut?

Hold Select and it brings up a 'quick action menu' From here you can set a quick gps, change clothes and access cash. Go to cash and then either just give or 'share from the last job'. It will give a list of people on the server, find the person who helped you and choose whatever percentage you want. You can be at opposites of the map for this as well so its handy you don't have to meet up with them in case you get killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Anybody else stuck on "Cypress Flats LTS"? Just that feckin loading cog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

They're really easy to rob, you won't need someone else. .

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Anybody else stuck on "Cypress Flats LTS"? Just that feckin loading cog.

No accessed that fine, 2 strangers joined and I started. should have waited for more people though. Got the loading cloud after it alright, had to quit to XMB

sheehy83 wrote: »
    There have been talks to setup a 'name & shame' thread for crew members that went rogue, not giving a proper cut from a heist, etc. Thin line though, some people just want to do whatever and some want a structured team.

Sounds like a good idea. Is the point of being in a crew not that you can work together a bit and be in a group with people you trust. If someone wants to do whatever they want then why are they even with a crew?

LukeS_ wrote: »
    They're really easy to rob, you won't need someone else. .

Just in case I get lonely :pac:

I was thinking it would probably work the same for heist missions, which is why I want to figure it out now.

Naming and shaming?? are you serious?? it's a GAME lads. Bit of fun.

Crikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Anyone looking for crew members on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Crikey.

Some people have fun by working together in a crew. People tking the crew are ruining their fun.

I joined the crew to work with some boardsies. not kill them(unless its a deathmatch etc).

Just in case I get lonely :pac:

I was thinking it would probably work the same for heist missions, which is why I want to figure it out now.

Yeah no need for it but it is a laugh crewing up even for a few hundred dollars

Crikey.

Yeah like I said, thin line. I thought it was funny but prob because it wasn't happening to me :pac: If a crew member keeps killing, put a bounty on his head (not sure how to do this yet though) and I spose get any other online crew members to help you kill him. I can understand people wanting to actually 'crew' together as well though and not having to worry bout getting killed and losing their cash.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Some people have fun by working together in a crew. People tking the crew are ruining their fun.

I joined the crew to work with some boardsies. not kill them(unless its a deathmatch etc).

That's all well and good, boot them if they do that sort of thing, but naming and shaming is just OTT. I'd have less respect for anyone doing that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement