Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seems to be the Cloud servers acting up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭conor2469

Got in and played for an hour or two but when I quit out of the game completely and restarted again, my online character was deleted. (PS3)

Same here, got to level 6, turned it off and came back and character was deleted (xbox)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Played an hour or so with some of the lads here. Got kicked by other players (-_-). Can't join another proper lobby it seems after taking a small break and now it looks like my 10K is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Social Club message popped up on my screen telling me a mate got that too about half an hour ago.

I got the same message popping up and it said a friend just got a world record for that race with the time of 3.02 but I done it earlier at 2.45 so its definitely glitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

I got kicked for "being idle too long". Left it there for fear of losing my character if I left online, looks like they want me to lose it :P I'm giving up after trying to get online three times total. Judging by what everyone else is saying, coupled with the fact that everyone in my friends list seems to be online on it and then minutes later are back playing the story mode, it's just not worth it for now.

Think I'll jump back into single player like I have been and stick with it and pretend like nothing ever happened until it is somewhat playable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

ah for **** sake, it get's worse. Now I've done the 4.5 update I keep getting kicked from PSN and can't sign in.

This is bollocks, I'm going up to the attic to get my Commodore 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

fuzz69er wrote: »
    ah for **** sake, it get's worse. Now I've done the 4.5 update I keep getting kicked from PSN and can't sign in.

This is bollocks, I'm going up to the attic to get my Commodore 64.

Hahahaha, I've an N64 right beside my bed here :D

I'd love game of original Pong actually..

It's all just a matter of luck it would seem at the moment to get anywhere for PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Rockstar really are taking their time to fully acknowledge that the game is broken.

So far they've only listed the 'bugs' and said they're working on them.

They should have taken it offline by now or at least warned everyone that their characters may not be saved and that their single player game could be affected.

If they have to do some sort of hard reset of the servers (probably not technically correct) to sort this out then those who have been playing without problem are gonna go mental when they lose their progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

I've been looking through the R* forums and apparently one of the support team just told some lad it'll be a few days at least before anything will be running smoothly.. From the sounds of it, and this is my theory, they're probably working on installing a load of new servers, and as they do it will interrupt peoples accounts (would explain the disappearing characters and the players getting booted randomly) Rather than take GTAO completely offline and speed up the process, they're probably taking some servers offline to allow them update them / add more. Then they'll move onto another batch of servers and do the same thing. If they did completely shut down GTAO they would get the job done a bit faster but obviously make them look like eejits (more than they look like now that is). The reason why they did not get in enough servers in the first place I'd say so if the game (or even the multiplayer aspect) wasn't as popular as it is, they would be left with a loada empty servers that would hve been a waste of money. (Anybody that has ever played SWTOR in the early days would know what that's like)

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200224026-FINALLY-AN-ANSWER-FROM-ROCKSTAR-

If I'm wrong I'm fairly sure I'm not far off, the more ya think about it though the more it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

miju wrote: »
    My SP save file has now corrupted also at 71% completion. Ive multiple save files too amd none will load

Absolute ****ing joke

Jaysus, that's shite. I haven't tried to go online yet and I think I'll leave it for another week or two to see if things improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was on earlier today, everything went smoothly for an hour or so before the shít hit the fan again. Just turned it on again and I'm getting the "cloud servers unavailable" message. Anyone else, PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Driving around and some player got out of his car and started shooting at me. Silly as I reversed over him. Host mission popped up on phone so we did that, 4 mile journey as a passenger. Finished that and we selected race and it froze. enjoying it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Cloud servers down on Xbox. 2nd day of the online being "available" now and I'm getting sick of this ****. 1bn should be able to hire you the top server consultants available shouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Reading too many cases of people's single player saves getting corrupted. I'm not going to try to get online until at least the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I keep getting dropped into a empty game whenever I play online. Got connected for a few minutes before I got kicked off and back to story.
    It's pretty annoying really. Think it's back to Fifa for a week or two

Reading too many cases of people's single player saves getting corrupted. I'm not going to try to get online until at least the weekend.

I don't think it will even be ready by then, they don't seem to have a single clue as to how to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

**** i thought that saved is gone, keeps on throwing me back to earlier level (minus custom car and insurance). How did they think that the servers were going to handle this much traffic. Alarm bells should've been going off on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

I just keeping getting stuck on loading session now ps3, but was playing for about two hours earlier no problems there was about 50 random players on my map but i tried to invite a friend and it said invites disabled, anyone know what this about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

nostrils wrote: »
    I just keeping getting stuck on loading session now ps3, but was playing for about two hours earlier no problems there was about 50 random players on my map but i tried to invite a friend and it said invites disabled, anyone know what this about.

invites are disabled until you and your friend have finished the tutorial, once done you can invite people

Been trying for 20 minutes solid now to get on to it, getting cloud servers unavailable. Getting very close to just trading it in now and picking it up early next year when they finally sort this **** out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

nostrils wrote: »

You can only have 16 players per map afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

DarkJager wrote: »
    Been trying for 20 minutes solid now to get on to it, getting cloud servers unavailable. Getting very close to just trading it in now and picking it up early next year when they finally sort this **** out.

Or play or do something else for a week and come back to it then

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I might do :D There's no excuses for it though, it's a complete disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

DarkJager wrote: »

Boo hoo

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Think that's what I'll do. I've got GTA single player, Fifa and TLOU online to keep me occupied for a while anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's deleted my online character about 4 times now. Am gonna wait until Friday/the weekend before trying again.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Think that's what I'll do. I've got GTA single player, Fifa and TLOU online to keep me occupied for a while anyway.

Get stuck into the last of us man, absolutely amazing game.

TheBza wrote: »
    Get stuck into the last of us man, absolutely amazing game.

Finished the story, twice. Been at the multiplayer for the last month or so, it's brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can't get past making my character. Freezes after I choose a name :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's telling me the cloud servers are iff line, I can continue but saves are disabled so I just cancelled it. Continuing means cratering a new character and it won't save any progress you make. Just gonna keep trying for 100% in sp until I hear reports online is up again.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finished the story, twice. Been at the multiplayer for the last month or so, it's brilliant.

I couldn't play any other game until gta after finishing it, the story was that good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's telling me the cloud servers are iff line, I can continue but saves are disabled so I just cancelled it. Continuing means cratering a new character and it won't save any progress you make. Just gonna keep trying for 100% in sp until I hear reports online is up again.

Getting the same message too when I try, back to single player I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Its bad enough the game doesn't work but for R* not to explain/give a reasonable timeframe is making it all the harder to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Got stuck at launching session with some american dudes. Not a good sign lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Xbox working perfectly for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Its bad enough the game doesn't work but for R* not to explain/give a reasonable timeframe is making it all the harder to take.

I don't know what people are expecting from Rockstar. They have acknowledged the issues (hell they said there would be issues a week ago!). Maybe they haven't given a timeframe because they don't know when it'll be fixed? It's not a simple bug they are trying to fix after all.

I actually feel sorry for Rockstar employees, cause you just know they have employees who have slept very little since the thing launched trying to resolve these issues.

Seriously, just enjoy the SP while they sort it out. It'll help Rockstar and you'll have fun doing it too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

ITS WORKING FOR PS3 FOR ME!!!! :D:D:D FIRST TIME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

On a more positive note, I have to say that for the few hours I was actually connected and playing the game this afternoon on the PS3, it ran BEAUTIFULLY. Even with a full map (15 other players) there was no stuttering or slowdown at all. I participated in a few races, some deathmatches and a spot of general mayhem and it was great fun. It ran as well as offline does, which astounded me. Okay, it's a bit of a pain in the arse right now but when these issues are resolved it will be well worth the wait...trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is it wrong to compare this to the problems ea had with sim city

Absolutely class!!...my internet was down all evening & just came back now.. a nice surprise when I tried to load online! :D

one question...is everyone elses character really small compared to lamar? (he even mentions it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't seem to join friends on PS3, but it seems to be working better, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Here I go again! Hello car park and guy getting out of car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Waiting for other players.

Turn off and on or wait?

Days 298 wrote: »
    Waiting for other players.

Turn off and on or wait?

I'd wait, mine worked eventually and just finished the 1st race now :D

$2,500 in the bag ;)

edit: feck, just froze on the screen after u win, spoke too soon I guess :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The twitter, website and facebook updates not reaching you?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51512/grand-theft-auto-online-launch-updates.html
    Rockstar Games ‏@RockstarGames 13m
    Grand Theft Auto Online Launch Updates: http://rsg.ms/1dWHhLK
    View summary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

ok fired it up there. it let your man get out then went to blurred vision of the city i assume that's waiting for other players. was waiting there a minute before it failed :(

...I can hear cars go by on my screen every so often... I think I'm stuck in someone elses race.

Oh well, I got a lot further today I suppose, it seems to be improving. Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow so I can get a few hours in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You can only have 16 players per map afaik

You sure its not 18? I haven't counted players but some of missions say 2-18 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You sure its not 18? I haven't counted players but some of missions say 2-18 I think.

Maybe 18, that post was in response to someone saying they had 50 in their game

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement