Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC old ECP2203 Speedtest results of 85Mbs

• 15-08-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I was getting slow speeds on some downloads so I ran a speedtest through UPC, I could not believe what I was seeing, 85Mbs on my old scientific atlanta router, So I decided to check the speed on the Magnet speedtest website and was getting about the same speed, luckily I also have a bandwidth monitor and was able to see that my speeds never went above the 30Mbs so I knew the results were misleading + my understanding is that the scientific atlanta router cannot achieve above 30Mbs.
    I emptied the web browser cache before each test.
    While the tests were downloading they seem to start of slow (bandwidth monitor was showing full speed of 30Mbs straight away) then near the end the speed would fly up.
    Is anybody else seeing this?
    As can be seen in the pictures bellow the bandwidth monitor max never goes above 3.9MBs

UPC SpeedTest

UPCspeedtest_zps2859c8bb.jpg

Magnet SpeedTest

MagnetSpeedtestUPC_zps1f44b789.jpg

Testmy.net

SpeedTestTestmynetUPC_zps1f405747.jpg

Advertisement