Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do gamestop fix scratched xbox games

• 15-08-2013 3:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49

My fifa 13 disc becomes unreadable when it reaches the main menu when you press start to enter. Do gamestop fix discs like this.
    Its a scratched Disc BTW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not sure but if it helps I had a similar problem but managed to borrow a copy of the game I had and installed it on the xbox. Now when I leave my copy in it recognises it long enough to run the game from the hard drive. Works fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 BaylesOfHay

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Not sure but if it helps I had a similar problem but managed to borrow a copy of the game I had and installed it on the xbox. Now when I leave my copy in it recognises it long enough to run the game from the hard drive. Works fine.

Ill try it. Its my brothers xbox and both have their own copy so should work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Where are you based?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Might be stating the obvious, but in town, CeX, Smyths, Laser Discs, and I think 3D Games too, do it for around €2-to-4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Here's what I have done in situations like this, probably not completely above board but anyway.

Go into Gamestop and buy another copy of the game, purchase game protection on it, a few days later take back the old copy and use the game protection on it, they will offer you a replacement copy or a refund, take the refund, sorted for the price of game protection which is only a few euros.

I installed it and now it's running perfectly.
    Thanks you all so much for helping. I use Ps3 no didn't no you could install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've used the toothpaste trick on unplayable discs in the past and it's always worked a treat for me. try that if you're in the humour for a DIY fix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The OP has solved their problem but for anyone else wondering, if you bring in a scratched game to Gamestop they will replace it with a pre-owned version for a fiver on the spot :)

Advertisement