Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three.ie for iPad - Not!

• 15-08-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

After some research [turns out not enough] I signed up for a data plan with Three. After a few weeks I have come to the conclusion that no one working for Three has ever used an iPad.
    It started when I had to contact Support to get a password for My3. That took 2 days.
    Then I tried to set up webtexts. It is supposed to send you an email, if it did that, then I can't find it. All subsequent attempts to set up webtexts result in a PIN being sent by text. The iPad can't receive a text. Support has not managed to find a solution.
    Three claim that your device can readily log into My3. Except when I go there from my PC I enter 083... for the device, but when i go from the iPad Three insists on changing it to 35383... and then rejects the login.
    There is more but I can't be bothered to go on.
    Please think really hard before considering Three for an iPad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

JonMac wrote: »
    After some research [turns out not enough] I signed up for a data plan with Three. After a few weeks I have come to the conclusion that no one working for Three has ever used an iPad.
    It started when I had to contact Support to get a password for My3. That took 2 days.
    Then I tried to set up webtexts. It is supposed to send you an email, if it did that, then I can't find it. All subsequent attempts to set up webtexts result in a PIN being sent by text. The iPad can't receive a text. Support has not managed to find a solution.
    Three claim that your device can readily log into My3. Except when I go there from my PC I enter 083... for the device, but when i go from the iPad Three insists on changing it to 35383... and then rejects the login.
    There is more but I can't be bothered to go on.
    Please think really hard before considering Three for an iPad.
    I'm using a 3 sim in my iPad with no issues whatsoever. If you connect to my three using the 3G and not wifi you shouldn't have to log in. As far as I know you're not supposed to connect using wifi.
    The. Password thing for web texts is a whole different issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

OK, here is an example. My iPad is mostly used at home on wifi, fairly normal.
    I then decided I wanted to be able to use it out and about where there is no wifi available.
    I purchased 3's SIM described as for the iPad, and, I think, logically accessed the My3 account from home using wifi. All so good so far, number is 083... . When Safari [on wifi] takes me to the site I get a request for Mobile/Broadband number and Password. It worked OK, I could get usage etc.
    However, when I go to My3 using 3g I get the same login screen and it won't let me in as it insists the number is 35383...
    Also, can't change the password as 3 sends it to "your Three handset or tablet." The iPad can't receive a text!!!!!!

Advertisement