Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada IEC Programme - Bad Credit History

Options
  • 15-08-2013 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I intend to look into the 2014 IEC Canadian programme. The problem is that I've been unemployed now the past 14 months and as such have not been able to maintain payments on personal loan and credit card, to the extent where a court judgement was made on one payment. I have a payment plan in place, but my ICB is horrific and I am worried this will impact on my plans.

A court judgement is a civil matter, so it will in no way affect my police cert, I have no problems there, and I will have the money in place by 2014 to satisfy the proof of sufficient funds to enter Canada.

I guess my main worry is does a poor ICB/Credit history effect your application? Do they check your credit history?

Thanks very much for reading this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

No they dont and it has no bearing on your application
    Your credit history also does not matter over here
    You will be starting fresh with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Micks26

Ah that's great news. Thank you for the reply. I searched everywhere on the Q+A section of the IEC website, but couldn't find anything in reference to a credit search, so was hoping that was the case. Thanks again.

Advertisement