Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon Box Issues

Options
  • 15-08-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Im currently on my second Horizon box first box died with a "50% R Scanning" issue took 5 days to replace the box :mad:

Now today first the wifi stopped broadcasting and was unable to enable again in settings, got on to customer care and they were unable to resolve the wifi issue either and now the "50% R Scanning" issue is also back so I am now down to having use of the phone which I never use anyway:mad:

Its also going to be tuesday until a tech is out to again replace the box:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Just an update on this thread I am now on horizon box number 4 as the last box failed with the same problem as before ( 50% R Scanning Loop)

Nobody at UPC in letting on there is an on going problem with the boxes and are still not able to fix the box without swapping it out with a new one..

Antone else had a box fail in this way yet??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Eamonn

JKGT wrote: »
    Just an update on this thread I am now on horizon box number 4 as the last box failed with the same problem as before ( 50% R Scanning Loop)

Nobody at UPC in letting on there is an on going problem with the boxes and are still not able to fix the box without swapping it out with a new one..

Antone else had a box fail in this way yet??????

Hi there,

If you could PM UPC: Reps with your account details we will urgently follow up with you regarding the issues you are experiencing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I had a r scanning fault resulting in a replacment box.

Current issues, sounds drop out every now and then but only for a second.

Guide has gone slow.
    No delete entire series. I've something like 200 Peppa pigs I can't delete.
    Lack of ability to browse and scan other channels with ease like on old box.
    RTE player layout sucks compared to old layout. You can view by day but it doesn't show when it aired etc.
    Poor range on wifi.
    Loading apps take loads of buttons.
    Press menu, select now on, go across select apps, then for some odd reason you have to select apps again.

Advertisement