Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyers advice: Please

Options
  • 15-08-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We have sale agreed on a house it's an old house and we want to do our own thing to it.
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks.
    1. What sort of mortgage protection schemes do people go for?
    Is it ok to go for mortgage protection the basic life/death cover only at 15e a month each?

2. Where is the best place to buy all our furniture and accessories thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We have sale agreed on a house it's an old house and we want to do our own thing to it.
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks.
    1. What sort of mortgage protection schemes do people go for?
    Is it ok to go for mortgage protection the basic life/death cover only at 15e a month each?

Yes, that is the legal minimum Mortgage Protection insurance required.

Shop around.

Try www.labrokers.ie for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Geuze wrote: »
    Yes, that is the legal minimum Mortgage Protection insurance required.

Shop around.

Try www.labrokers.ie for a quote.

Thanks for your reply, I prob should have added I'm in cork too for the furniture for rooms and bed rooms

Yes I know that is the legal minimum but the lad we were dealing with was telling us ye are making a big mistake not getting more protection like illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, I prob should have added I'm in cork too for the furniture for rooms and bed rooms

Yes I know that is the legal minimum but the lad we were dealing with was telling us ye are making a big mistake not getting more protection like illness.

that lad also gets commission on the policy so why wouldn't he ...

Most people have illness cover as part of their work contract. Check that first.

Advertisement