Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Use (Commercial to Residential)

Options
  • 15-08-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I am looking for information regarding the change of use from commercial to residential.

The property I am looking at is zoned as Z6 that being "Employment/Enterprise (Light)" and has a range of permissible uses including "Live Work Units" and in open for consideration uses "Residential". It's 2,900 sq ft , split level and in a small local industrial estate of mixed usage with a residential area quite close by.

My intentions would be to convert the second floor to a large open plan living space and the construction of a floor level studio/workshop for my own use.

Obviously I will need to take the necessary steps and consult with the local planning authority and an architect to see if it's actually viable, but before that I just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has any information on, or experience in this subject, has an idea's or just wants to throw in their two cents.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I don't think you have a chance I'm afraid as the use you seek is under no circumstances allowed by the development plan zoning. Usually that's a straight rejection. Sometimes there can be flexibility (a restaurant is allowed in a residentially zoned area for example) but I don't believe what you want would be allowed. Talk to your planning dept though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alreadytaken

Hi,

I am looking for information regarding the change of use from commercial to residential.

The property I am looking at is zoned as Z6 that being "Employment/Enterprise (Light)" and has a range of permissible uses including "Live Work Units" and in open for consideration uses "Residential". It's 2,900 sq ft , split level and in a small local industrial estate of mixed usage with a residential area quite close by.

My intentions would be to convert the second floor to a large open plan living space and the construction of a floor level studio/workshop for my own use.

Obviously I will need to take the necessary steps and consult with the local planning authority and an architect to see if it's actually viable, but before that I just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has any information on, or experience in this subject, has an idea's or just wants to throw in their two cents.

Thanks.

The area of the development is zoned z6 but the planning got on that zoning is not for residential. Yes if a new build was to occur on that zoned area and planning for residential would be considered. To change the existing unit to residential, I wouldn't imagine that the Local Authority would consider it but a Pre Planning meeting will cost you nothing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Moved from Accommodation and Property.

Kind regards,

The_Conductor

Advertisement