Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registration & Start of Lecturers 2013 (Waiting on letter? Read this thread)

• 15-08-2013 5:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those wondering when you register, the dates are as follows;

4th & 5th of September for registration. Followed by induction on the 6th.

You generally get a letter from the college informing you when to attend for registration (the time / date etc). It tends to come close enough to the registration date, so don't panic. :)

In terms of when lecturers begin, its the 9th of September for classes for everyone.

All this and more dates can be viewed on the WIT Academic Calendar;
    http://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/Current_Students_PDF/academic_calendar1314.pdf

Continuing students must register prior to the commencement of classes on the 9th of September 2013.
    Register here: https://studentssp.wit.ie/login/login.aspx?app=OLSSP

The Orientation programme for new international students (Non-EU) commencing studies in September will take place on Thursday, 5th September 2013, at 1 pm in the Sports Hall-Cork Road Campus (Main Campus), WIT, Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Sully you must be a mind reader because I woke this morning with a slight panic thinking I hadnt heard anything
    My admiration for being so in tune with my mental wobblings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 shazysps

what about international students?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shazysps wrote: »
    what about international students?

The Orientation programme for new international students (Non-EU) commencing studies in September will take place on Thursday, 5th September 2013, at 1 pm in the Sports Hall-Cork Road Campus (Main Campus), WIT, Waterford.

Added to the original topic.

International students are requested to register for their programme of study on-line. This on line registration facility will be open to students from Tuesday, 20th August.

See here: http://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/International_PDF/How_To_Register_Online.pdf

Problems? Contact fpurcell@wit.ie, srobinson@wit.ie or mcronin@wit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

How can continuing students awating grant approval register?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shaneb92 wrote: »
    How can continuing students awating grant approval register?

You can't, but you go to classes as normal until you receive your grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 EpsilonCM

I have to repeat a module on the 31st, Should I still register or do I wait untill I get my results from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

EpsilonCM wrote: »
    I have to repeat a module on the 31st, Should I still register or do I wait untill I get my results from that?

You can't register until the 19th September if you have any repeat exams.

As confirmed by admissions, the registration letters will be sent out the last week of August. Every year people get worried, other colleges send letters earlier etc. But for WIT, it's always around the end of August. Some people posted here in recent years saying they got theirs around the 31st of August. :)

If a couple of days before you haven't heard anything, call reception on 051 30 2000 and they will help you out. Closes around 4pm, for lunch and doesn't open weekends. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 happyboy

hello guys, I am an international student got admission in a taught postgraduate program, but still I haven't got my visa. so I want to know what happen if an international student arrive late after registration date. will they accommodate this issue of late visa. and what if you even got late from the start of classes. what should one do if some one can't arrive on time because of late visa issue?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

Im liable for fees and contribution this year as im starting a new course.. getting a student loan to cover myself but they wont give me anything until i have a college acceptance letter... other problem is they only meetbon thursdays so the next possible time for me to see them is next thursday .... after registration.. how do i register without money for fees

• Advertisement

Im liable for fees and contribution this year as im starting a new course.. getting a student loan to cover myself but they wont give me anything until i have a college acceptance letter... other problem is they only meetbon thursdays so the next possible time for me to see them is next thursday .... after registration.. how do i register without money for fees

You don't have to register straight away. You'll prob have up to the 31st of September to do it. After that then you'll be contacted to register if you already haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

callaway92 wrote: »
    You don't have to register straight away. You'll prob have up to the 31st of September to do it. After that then you'll be contacted to register if you already haven't.

Does this mean I still go in on the registration day im given to sort out a wit card and what not or do I wait ?

Does this mean I still go in on the registration day im given to sort out a wit card and what not or do I wait ?

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

callaway92 wrote: »
    You can't register until the 19th September if you have any repeat exams.

I had to repeat 2 exams during the summer, but am allowed to register now. I just went through the website, and it brought me all the way to the end where I enter in payment details. Maybe its the carry 2 subjects into the next year thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

http://studentssp.wit.ie/Timetables/POSTT.aspx timetables should (hopefully) be available from that link from next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chamakh4pope

Sully wrote: »
    As confirmed by admissions, the registration letters will be sent out the last week of August. Every year people get worried, other colleges send letters earlier etc. But for WIT, it's always around the end of August. Some people posted here in recent years saying they got theirs around the 31st of August. :)

I still haven't got mine, am I the only one? Also regarding registration for First Years, is that an online thing or do you have to be present in the College for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I still haven't got mine, am I the only one? Also regarding registration for First Years, is that an online thing or do you have to be present in the College for it?

I haven't got mine either so you're not the only one. If it doesn't arrive on Monday call the college to make sure it's been sent. You can register online here but you have to have your ID number and password which is in the letter so you can't do anything yet (unless you've gotten an email with this information). You do have to go to the registration day as well to pick up your card and other information too.

See below, pretty much bang on response. Call the college early if it doesn't arrive Monday.
    JenniFurr wrote: »
    I haven't got mine either so you're not the only one. If it doesn't arrive on Monday call the college to make sure it's been sent. You can register online here but you have to have your ID number and password which is in the letter so you can't do anything yet (unless you've gotten an email with this information). You do have to go to the registration day as well to pick up your card and other information too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 KillMona

I got my registration letter on Friday but I'm running into problems with uploading the photo. Link doesn't work at all, just waiting on a response from them, hopefully before four on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Just to let everyone know timetables are available online here. Just click the option for programme timetables and scroll through the options to find your course and year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 WhoAteMeShoes

JenniFurr wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know timetables are available online here. Just click the option for programme timetables and scroll through the options to find your course and year.

Hey I've searched there but there's no sign of my course, Sport Coaching & Performance. Any ideas on what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

That course doesn't seem to be on that list for some reason. Each course has a full name like "BA (H) Design (Visual Communications) Year 4 (DVISC_B_Y4)" What exactly is yours?. You'll have to go into the college and get a timetable from your School department if it isn't on that list.

Advertisement