Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo IT

• 15-08-2013 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Is anyone here going to Sligo IT this year?
    I'm going to be doing Computer Games Developments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

yes I am!! I just got an offer today I accepted it :) hoping to get a few lads together up there to make some iphone apps have you any experience in programing?

I will be doing games/software development and just wondering if anyone else is on the same boat?

they doing games development :)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

Daniel L wrote: »
    yes I am!! I just got an offer today I accepted it :) hoping to get a few lads together up there to make some iphone apps have you any experience in programing?

Nah i've no experience in programming whatsoever but i'm not oblivious to using a computer i have decent enough computer skills, i also got accepted today

oh right , are you staying in the appartments up der ? cuz I wont know anybody at all ..

oh right , are you staying in the appartments up der ? cuz I wont know anybody at all ..

I'm in the middle of sorting out accomadation at the moment, I live in Dublin so
    its been a nightmare

• Advertisement

ye im from Dublin aswell I went to templeogue college den I moved to Leitrim fer a year to do my leavin now im off to Sligo.. theres a spot called gateway appartments there de best there right beside the college

ye im from Dublin aswell I went to templeogue college den I moved to Leitrim fer a year to do my leavin now im off to Sligo.. theres a spot called gateway appartments there de best there right beside the college

I've been looking up lots of student accomodation, yeats, clarion,
    ard nua and gateway. I'm gonna give some of them a ring tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ChiminCamii

Me ! my friends are going to galway!!

good stuff im tryna get a team together to develop an iphone app

go with gateway there the cheapest and the best

I'll give Gateway a ring tomorrow. I'll happy as long as i have decent internet and don't have to get the bus to the college

• Advertisement

its about 40 footsteps and yur at the college haha , it has high speed internet and everything so ive heard ill be moving in there the 4th of September on my 18th bday :z :L basically yu need to fill out a registration form and send a 200 euro deposit... then yu have a place there, its 350 a month and theres 3 bedroom ones or 2 bedroom ones .. if you know anyone else that's goin put their name down on the application you might get put together ,, whats your name by the way?

its about 40 footsteps and yur at the college haha , it has high speed internet and everything so ive heard ill be moving in there the 4th of September on my 18th bday :z :L basically yu need to fill out a registration form and send a 200 euro deposit... then yu have a place there, its 350 a month and theres 3 bedroom ones or 2 bedroom ones .. if you know anyone else that's goin put their name down on the application you might get put together ,, whats your name by the way?

good i hate walking, I'll need to organise the money soon for accommodation,
    my name is Alan, i presume your's is Daniel yes haha ?

same same that's why a car is usefull :p good stuff , yeh Daniel :) ha so glad that leaving cert is over such a loada s**te :L

do you have a car ? and yeah thank god its over,
    got to get off this now, i'll pm if you if i here anything about
    accommodation cya

do you have a car ? and yeah thank god its over,
    got to get off this now, i'll pm if you if i here anything about
    accommodation cya

I will do eventually , cool chat ya tmmrow man

• Registered Users Posts: 4 steveydunne

Hi, I finished my first year in the IT, last year.
    Going into second year Games Development.
    I'm interested in working on an iPhone/Android game if you guys have real interest and desire to make one.

In terms of accomodation, Ard Nua is expensive but definitely classy. Yeats is generally a horrible place to live (no washing machines, smells of stale bread and is cold.. this is speaking from experience) but is the cheapest.-€45 for a shared room..
    Gateway apartments is second cheapest but desirable. I'm booked for living there this year and am looking forward to it. Spacious, warm and you only have to live with 1-2 other people.. Yeats and Ard Nua have 5-6 people per house.
    Gateway is closest, Yeats is second closest with Ard Nua third.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll try get back to you all when I can.

Oh also, dont get your hopes up about the internet. All the student accomodation runs off of the college servers. Meaning some websites are blocked, you can't use Steam and it gets laggy. There's no Wi-Fi in the houses either, you'll have to bring Cat-5 cables for connection. Download speeds are very high though! great for streaming Netflix

Hi, I finished my first year in the IT, last year.
    Going into second year Games Development.
    I'm interested in working on an iPhone/Android game if you guys have real interest and desire to make one.

In terms of accomodation, Ard Nua is expensive but definitely classy. Yeats is generally a horrible place to live (no washing machines, smells of stale bread and is cold.. this is speaking from experience) but is the cheapest.-€45 for a shared room..
    Gateway apartments is second cheapest but desirable. I'm booked for living there this year and am looking forward to it. Spacious, warm and you only have to live with 1-2 other people.. Yeats and Ard Nua have 5-6 people per house.
    Gateway is closest, Yeats is second closest with Ard Nua third.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll try get back to you all when I can.

hi stevey yes i am going into sligo in 2 weeks staying in gateway , i had work experience with tribal city interactive when i was 16 and helped them make an iphone game , i also made a few basic python games on my pc and am currently learning c++, i was hoping to get a few lads together and making a good iphone app im 17 years old so i hope i have a good head start up there , what side of the development are you best at? because it would be good to have a graphic designer because i enjoy the programming side and more object orientated stuff , would love to help you out with a game or whatever..

hi stevey yes i am going into sligo in 2 weeks staying in gateway , i had work experience with tribal city interactive when i was 16 and helped them make an iphone game , i also made a few basic python games on my pc and am currently learning c++, i was hoping to get a few lads together and making a good iphone app im 17 years old so i hope i have a good head start up there , what side of the development are you best at? because it would be good to have a graphic designer because i enjoy the programming side and more object orientated stuff , would love to help you out with a game or whatever..

Sounds like you have a fair footing into the area which will be a great help. It'll be c# you'll be focused on this year. The previous experience will be a great hand but the lecturers are all super friendly and are great at teaching. I went with no experience and ended up getting second place in best game design for the end of year game assignments.

I'm pretty good with GML(gamemaker language, something youll find yourself doing a lot), but I also like the designing of a game. I love to make sure a game is both technically enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing.
    My name is Stephen Dunne btw. Add me on FB if you'd like. My profiler is a comic panel

Sounds like you have a fair footing into the area which will be a great help. It'll be c# you'll be focused on this year. The previous experience will be a great hand but the lecturers are all super friendly and are great at teaching. I went with no experience and ended up getting second place in best game design for the end of year game assignments.

I'm pretty good with GML(gamemaker language, something youll find yourself doing a lot), but I also like the designing of a game. I love to make sure a game is both technically enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing.
    My name is Stephen Dunne btw. Add me on FB if you'd like. My profiler is a comic panel

sound job ,, do you hat a git account? ill be staying in gateway the 2nd of September so hope to see yu then

A git account? Ill be moving in on the 8th

• Advertisement

A git account? Ill be moving in on the 8th

GitHub ... its an open source ting yu put your code up on... cool cool

Advertisement